The Philadelphia 76ers Thread: Where Simmons, yet again, guards fours

Utley

9 hours ago, BAConrad said:

I'm hoping we add Ariza after he inevitably is bought out by Phoenix and leaves soon. He makes too much sense. 

Also was thinking about someone like Otto Porter or Kelly Oubre maybe via trade (trying to think of any Fultz scenarios). Or even freaking Josh Jackson from Phoenix. He seems to be losing minutes in Phoenix because of the fact that he isn't the best fit for what Suns are trying to do. Swap Fultz for him? Who says no? Phoenix needs a PG, and Fultz still has hope if he goes somewhere not here (I really think that if he is on the team all year this season, Jimmy Butler ends up just breaking the little spirit left in that kid when it's over with....).

And for FAs in 2019....right now my #1 hope for us is to resign Jimmy, and then sign Tobias Harris. Harris is gonna be a FA after the seasons over. He's only 26 still. Has developed into a very good two way forward and has improved from not being able to shoot 3s at first years ago to now being a 41% shooter on 4+ attempts a game. A lineup with Simmons, Butler, Harris, and Embiid as 4/5 starters is filthy. So much defense. So much versatility. So much scoring. So much playmaking. Simmons would be able to do his best work distributing the ball and making plays all over the court with his elite basketball IQ. 

Josh Jackson has zero value.

• 1 month later...
On 1/5/2019 at 11:57 PM, ninjapirate said:

if only our first round pick wing that is crazy at defense wasnt hurt 

Brown needs to get Shake Milton more mins. He's an athletic wing, going to need it vs Boston's 3 forwards (Tatum, Hayward, Brown). I read Korkmaz was supposed to be a shooter, well he's not doing that well.  

If they don't move up/down in the standings that will be a 1st round exit, easily (vs Boston). 

On 1/15/2019 at 7:15 PM, EaglesFan5-36-81 said:

Jonah Bolden is becoming a valuable part of this team quickly. I think he'll take Chandler's spot in the starting 5in the near future

Great win tonight,  Embiid, Simmons, and Butler all got theirs, all 5 starters in double figures,  and Bolden off the bench with an incredible efficient game. 

Need to trade for a shooter and this team could go places.

21 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Need to trade for a shooter and this team could go places.

I think our biggest hole right now is a guard who can defend. If that guard could shoot at least average, would be a bonus. But TJ/JJ/Shamet is a blackhole on defense and you see it as we get destroyed by guards (including backups) routinely.

Getting Smith and Fultz back will be nice. But could use a backup PG who can defend would help..