The Philadelphia 76ers Thread: Where Simmons, yet again, guards fours

Utley

3 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

If I'm the 76ers, I just stand pat. Getting Kawai doesn't get you guys over Boston if they're healthy, nor does it get you anywhere close to beating the Warriors. Just wait out this Warrior dynasty and attack titles in 2-3 seasons. I don't think Kawai would stay in the long-term. The needle would need to move sooo much for the 76ers to compete with Golden State and it'd likely cost them their young nucleus. I'm not a 76ers fan, but what you would likely have to give up wouldn't be worth the short-term investment IMO.

I couldn't disagree more with getting Kawhi doesn't put us over Boston. It makes us absolute favourites 

They're gonna be deep for sure. But adding Kyrie and Hayward will change their dynamic. And I'm not sure it'll be for the good. I think their defense suffers when those two are replacing two from their playoff run last year. They absolutely stomped out our perimeter game. It's going to be a bit of a struggle finding their balance in the beginning at least. But Stevens is a boss so it may be a smooth transition. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

They're gonna be deep for sure. But adding Kyrie and Hayward will change their dynamic. And I'm not sure it'll be for the good. I think their defense suffers when those two are replacing two from their playoff run last year. They absolutely stomped out our perimeter game. It's going to be a bit of a struggle finding their balance in the beginning at least. But Stevens is a boss so it may be a smooth transition. 

Adding those two will make them able to exploit matchups against any of our top 8. Will be fun to watch, but them having such versatile players will make Fultz's development key. JJ can be exposed defensively big time. 

21 hours ago, mm6492 said:

Adding those two will make them able to exploit matchups against any of our top 8. Will be fun to watch, but them having such versatile players will make Fultz's development key. JJ can be exposed defensively big time. 

well if fultz doesnt become the kid we think he can be then there's no way we compete with boston. Only way we can right now if is the triumvirate of the process take steps forward. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

well if fultz doesnt become the kid we think he can be then there's no way we compete with boston. Only way we can right now if is the triumvirate of the process take steps forward. 

Pretty much this is spot on. I think the only only other path is if Ben really takes a step forward with his shot.

We have something awesome brewing but so does Boston and we were about a half a step behind them last year. They're going to be better with Kyrie and Hayward but I think the questions about how they'll look reintegrating them into their lineup will be interesting. 

I'm expecting Markelle to be the real deal. But the Sixers also have a pretty nice prospect in Zhaire. I think given a year or two, he could be real impact player and could help give us an ultra athletic wing to defend some of Boston's wings (Tatum, Brown). Legitimately, Zhaire has best-athlete-in-the-NBA potential. He's a freak. Just needs some work.

25 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Helps with the roster crunch 

I would assume it's the only reason. Not a fan of TLC or Anderson but I guess bringing in Muscala is just our emergency plan because Bjelica backed out on us. Other than that, this is a non-move move. 

And also, gets us out of their contracts. Anderson was under contract until the end of '20 and TLC (although a team option '20) until the end of '21. As minuscule as the money was, Muscala is a FA after this year. So, it gives us a little more money towards 2019-20. Should have quite a bit. But a lot of holes to fill. 

Edited by Jroc04

8 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I would assume it's the only reason. Not a fan of TLC or Andersen but I guess bringing in Muscala is just our emergency plan because Bjelica backed out on us. Other than that, this is a non-move move. 

He's a stretch big, so essentially a replacement for Bjelica backing out.  He's nothing more than a solid bench big.

As Philly fans what would you guys think of a trade of 

Sac's pick for K Love, or K Love + Korver?

I think hed be a perfect fit as a spot up shooter that'll be great with pick and rolls, get rebounds, and bring a championship culture 

you guys gotta make a move now with Kawhi going to Toronto

Edited by brownie man