The Philadelphia 76ers Thread: Where Simmons, yet again, guards fours

Utley

On 6/22/2018 at 6:00 PM, utley4568 said:

Then you don't know much about next year's class. And you're still discounting the 14% chance that the pick isn't 25-30 but 1 and the Celtics pick isn't 2-6, but 25-30. It's more likely that doesn't happen, but it's still a possibility.

That next year's draft class is supposed to be worse than this year's?  Yeah, I've heard that a couple of times now.  Maybe that changes between now and then.  As for that 14% chance, that's operating under the assumption that the Kings are guaranteed to be a bottom 3 team, which isn't the case at this point.  The Kings were T-6th last year, and only because they jumped in the lottery they picked second.  We've got an entire offseason to go, so we really have no idea how that pick is going to fall.  So that 14% chance you're suggesting is probably quite a bit lower.  Probably looking at closer to 7% chance that pick conveys first overall.

But look at it from San Antonio's perspective.  Why would you trade your franchise player on the slight chance that you're getting a potential #1 overall pick?  Why wouldn't they operate under the assumption they'd be getting the Sixers FRP instead?  It's far more likely to convey that way.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Well given that PG is returning to OKC and that Kawhi talks are slow to LA, I think there's a chance.

yeah apparently there was never any plans of lebron's people to ever meet with philly but they are doing so today. I think PG going back to OKC opened up the door. 

Just now, Knowledge said:

I don't believe that one bit 

Why not guy literally already moved his family out to LA i think the plan was always PG and him sign they trade for leonard. PG did his own thing and now the sixers make the most sense. 

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Why not guy literally already moved his family out to LA i think the plan was always PG and him sign they trade for leonard. PG did his own thing and now the sixers make the most sense. 

He didn't move his family to LA. He's had a house out there for years and went out there after his vacation in the Caribbean. I do believe LA made the most sense for him but am also surprised that PG stayed in OKC. You guys are probably the favorite but with most people staying put, it also wouldn't shock me if he stayed home. I'll definitely be routing for you guys against Boston and GSW if it goes down that way. 

14 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

He didn't move his family to LA. He's had a house out there for years and went out there after his vacation in the Caribbean. I do believe LA made the most sense for him but am also surprised that PG stayed in OKC. You guys are probably the favorite but with most people staying put, it also wouldn't shock me if he stayed home. I'll definitely be routing for you guys against Boston and GSW if it goes down that way. 

His son is going to high school in southern california how is that not moving them there?

Sixer still very much in on Kawhai and want to pair he and LeBron with Jojo, Ben, and Fultz.

Simmons

Fultz

James

Leonard

Embiid

Our bench would be young without a proven 6th man, butbwith guys like Zhaire Smith, Jonah Bolden, Landry Shamet, Richaun Holmes, TJ McConnell, Furkan Korkmaz, and Justin Anderson, there is some talent, plus we'd be a destination for ring chasing veterans.