The Philadelphia 76ers Thread: Where Simmons, yet again, guards fours

Utley

Just now, Danger said:

I really hope we bring Butler back, signing Harris to that deal was a bad idea unless we can get someone else and now the only option is Butler.

Horford is also an option, and a pretty likely one if Butler leaves.

9 minutes ago, Utley said:

Horford is also an option, and a pretty likely one if Butler leaves.

what's the starting lineup look like?

Embiid
Horford
Harris
?
Simmons

Wouldn't be awful, but we'd still need a shooter there.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

How's this starting 5 as a whole compared to the one we had come the end of last season you guys think?

Better defense. Very long. Missing JJ's elite shooting but Harris/Richardson/Horford are all in the 38 percent range.

Big thing is we can sit Embiid and not get destroyed which will be huge for us. 

Need to add some bench pieces to round this team out. Thing we have 7.8M in room left?

1 hour ago, mm6492 said:

Better defense. Very long. Missing JJ's elite shooting but Harris/Richardson/Horford are all in the 38 percent range.

Big thing is we can sit Embiid and not get destroyed which will be huge for us. 

Need to add some bench pieces to round this team out. Thing we have 7.8M in room left?

Yeah if we could add one more bench shooter that'd be awesome for sure.

12 hours ago, nlesthought said:

Hopefully they can complete this Butler S&T, Miami and Dallas better figure things out. 

Still opposed to giving Simmons a LT deal until he shows he can elevate his play beyond the paint as a point/lead guard

You have to bring Simmons back LT. Sure he has things he needs to work on, but whats your plan if you don't? 

Wish we could've landed Seth curry for that 8M per year he signed. Not many shooters left out there who will sign at the 7.7M we have left. 

Danny Green will demand more.

Korver may have signed? Also he doesn't bring much at his age. 

TJ can't shoot or defend 

11 minutes ago, mm6492 said:

You have to bring Simmons back LT. Sure he has things he needs to work on, but whats your plan if you don't? 

Wish we could've landed Seth curry for that 8M per year he signed. Not many shooters left out there who will sign at the 7.7M we have left. 

TJ can't shoot or defend 

My plan would be to trade him if my evaluators believe he won’t develop beyond a full court transition player. 

Find me a place holder who can run the team and shoot the occasional 3. I’m sure he could fetch a top Pick depending who’s there and who’s coming out. The offense is going thru

Embiid

Harris

Richardson

Horford 

anyway, you just need a half court pace setter when the playoffs roll around. 

34 minutes ago, mm6492 said:

TJ can't shoot or defend 

I think Danny Green is holding out to see where Kawhi ends up.  He already said publicly he would love to be back in Toronto, but Kawhi's decision is really important to him.  I think Korver is probably holding out as well.  Both guys could end up on the Lakers if Kawhi goes there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, showtime said:

I think Danny Green is holding out to see where Kawhi ends up.  He already said publicly he would love to be back in Toronto, but Kawhi's decision is really important to him.  I think Korver is probably holding out as well.  Both guys could end up on the Lakers if Kawhi goes there. 

Agreed