Redskins vs Cowboys Gameday Thread - Week 2 (9/15/19)

MKnight82

8 minutes ago, e16bball said:

It wasn’t fine. Traditional runs with Peterson:

Drive One: One rush, -4 yards

Drive Two: One rush, holding penalty, -10 yards

Drive Three: 5 rushes, 15 yards*

* That’s leaving out the Steven Sims gadget stuff that they did on the one drive. If you think those plays are indicative of the quality of the run game, feel free to include those 3 rushes for 16 yards. I don’t think it means much other than a nice quick little wrinkle. 

That comes out to 7 attempted traditional run plays for 1 net yard. If you think that’s “fine,” we clearly just define the word differently. 

You’re cherry picking the bad plays here, don’t take me for a fool.

It wasn’t all good but most of Peterson’s carries went for 4 yards in the first half, he had a rushing TD and we led 7-0 after the first quarter. He also had two receptions one for 7 yards.

Peterson can’t help the first play of the game where Scherff chose to not block Malik Collins & Roullier couldn’t get to him. Peterson also can’t help the phantom holding call on Sprinkle which negated I believe a 7-yard Run.

Edited by turtle28

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

You’re cherry picking the bad plays here, don’t take me for a fool.

It wasn’t all good but most of Peterson’s carries went for 4 yards in the first half and he had a rushing TD and we led 7-0 after the first quarter.

Peterson can’t help the first play of the game where Scherff chose to not block Malik Collins & Roullier couldn’t get to him. Peterson also can’t help the phantom holding call on Sprinkle which negated I believe a 7-yard Run.

How am I “cherry picking”? I literally recorded and counted up the results of all the run plays. If you’re going to ignore the bad runs (classic Peterson btw) and penalties (classic bad OL) and tell me just to look at “most of the runs” that were okay, then one of us IS cherry picking — but it isn’t me. 

10 minutes ago, e16bball said:

How am I “cherry picking”? I literally recorded and counted up the results of all the run plays. If you’re going to ignore the bad runs (classic Peterson btw) and penalties (classic bad OL) and tell me just to look at “most of the runs” that were okay, then one of us IS cherry picking — but it isn’t me. 

We were ok bc we were committed to the run, we controlled the clock - kept our defense off the field - and we were wining the game 7-0.

Then we abandoned the run.

It wasn’t all great as I said but it wasn’t all bad either.

Stats don’t always tell the entire story.

For example, Keenum has thrown for 601 yards and 5 TDs at a 69 completion percentage and has zero turnovers the first two weeks of this season and those stats are amazing! But if you’d watch our passing offense outside of the first quarter and a half vs the Eagles and two garbage time TDs in each week, you’d know that Keenum’s stat line is deceiving.

Edited by turtle28