2020 Draft thread

lavar703

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

On top of that, the Alabama wrs get open bc of their route running. In most cases, route running is more important that speed.

Both ! Give me both- then you have a SUPERstar ! If he can catch -- needs hands too I guess :)

Bored w/ one hour to go at work, so here goes nothing:

Round 1: Chase Young, DE/OLB, OSU

Round 1 (Trade Trent to Cle for 18th pick): Malik Harrison, ILB/OLB, OSU

Round 2 (Trade Scherff to Rams for 2nd round pick): Josh Jones, LT, Houston

Round 3:  KJ Hamler, WR, PSU 

Round 3 comp for PSmith: Brycen Hopkins, TE, Purdue

Round 4: Tre Smith, OG, Tennessee 

Round 4 comp for Crowder: Sam Ehlinger, QB, Texas 

Round 5: Donovan Peoples-Jones, WR, Michigan 

Round 6: Davon Hamilton, DE/DT, OSU

Round 7: Luc Barqoo, CB, SDU

Round 7: Shadiqq Charles, OG/RT, LSU

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Round 3:  KJ Hamler, PSU 

Where's the new backup Q B ? Do we actually have those comp picks ? Rounds 1-3, delusional my man. We can't get a 1 for Trent nor a 2 for Scherff.. I wish . You got me wanting Jeudy  now at 1 anyway !

12 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Where's the new backup Q B ? Do we actually have those comp picks ? Rounds 1-3, delusional my man. We can't get a 1 for Trent nor a 2 for Scherff.. I wish . You got me wanting Jeudy  now at 1 anyway !

You don't know that we can’t get a 1st for Trent or a 2nd for Scherff if he's franchised. It's my opinion we can from the Browns, Rams or Vikings.. maybe a few more teams. The Browns are still a good LT & better coaching/discipline away from the playoffs. I still think they’d trade a 1st for Trent. The Rams will he’d a new LT bc Wittworth will probably retire, and their interior OL is a mess. The Vikings could use an upgrade over Reiff and move Reiff to RT and they need an upgrade at RG too.

I am protecting on how large their contracts were w/ Crowder & PSmith and how well they played that we’d get a 3rd round comp for Smith and a 4th round comp for Crowder.

With 4th round comp I have us taking Sam Ehlinger from Texas to be our back up QB. 

Edited by turtle28

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Round 3:  KJ Hamler, WR, PSU 

Big 10 much?
Do we still get that comp pick after signing Landon Collins?

So serious question here and I know it sounds a little out there but, Ive been looking at teams o lines and areas of need and had a crazy idea. Do you guys think it would be possible to trade Trent and Scherrf together? If Trents contract voids and keeps him with two years remaining, and scherrf coming off of a probowl season. do you think there is a way we could walk away with a 1st and 2nd round pick?

At first I thought if we franchised scherrf we would be lucky to get a 3rd but now seeing that he has made the probowl I think its possible to franchise and trade him for a 2nd

If you were the Cleveland Browns would you not jump on that? Two Probowl Olineman could essentially fix their whole entire offense. there are 3 teams I would look to trade with and have good reasons to be interested in the trade

CLEVELAND- They want trent, lets be real, if they can get both of them then they could turn into a playoff team IMO

ARIZONA- Murray needs to be protected, their line is Trash and with Murray being their guy I think they could Pony up, would probably have to take a 1st and 3rd though due to how high their pick is

MIAMI- Their 2nd 1st rounder and their 2nd round pick. Im thinking Miami only bc the amount of picks they have and that if they end up selecting Tua they will want to protect that investment with him having an injury history

Its all speculation by myself obviously but if you could package them then what would you require back? and from who?

14 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

Big 10 much?
Do we still get that comp pick after signing Landon Collins?

I don’t know if we’ll keep the PSmith comp pick after signing Collins, probably not tbh. Also, I used Drafttek and when it came to the rounds/picks they had projected in their 7 round mock, those were some of the best available in positions we needed, so I drafted them. I didn’t care what conference they played college ball in.

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

So serious question here and I know it sounds a little out there but, Ive been looking at teams o lines and areas of need and had a crazy idea. Do you guys think it would be possible to trade Trent and Scherrf together? If Trents contract voids and keeps him with two years remaining, and scherrf coming off of a probowl season. do you think there is a way we could walk away with a 1st and 2nd round pick?

At first I thought if we franchised scherrf we would be lucky to get a 3rd but now seeing that he has made the probowl I think its possible to franchise and trade him for a 2nd

If you were the Cleveland Browns would you not jump on that? Two Probowl Olineman could essentially fix their whole entire offense. there are 3 teams I would look to trade with and have good reasons to be interested in the trade

CLEVELAND- They want trent, lets be real, if they can get both of them then they could turn into a playoff team IMO

ARIZONA- Murray needs to be protected, their line is Trash and with Murray being their guy I think they could Pony up, would probably have to take a 1st and 3rd though due to how high their pick is

MIAMI- Their 2nd 1st rounder and their 2nd round pick. Im thinking Miami only bc the amount of picks they have and that if they end up selecting Tua they will want to protect that investment with him having an injury history

Its all speculation by myself obviously but if you could package them then what would you require back? and from who?

I do. I started a thread on this a month or two ago where I’d trade them both to the Rams to play for McVay for two 2nd round picks - bc they don’t have a 1st - and Brandon Cooks and Tyler Higbee to make the $ work bc they’d need cap space to take on Trent and Scherff. Also, Cleveland and Minnesota could use either of them, not sure how the $ works w/ those teams, we may have to take back a player or two from those teams to make their cap space work.

12 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I do. I started a thread on this a month or two ago where I’d trade them both to the Rams to play for McVay for two 2nd round picks - bc they don’t have a 1st - and Brandon Cooks and Tyler Higbee to make the $ work bc they’d need cap space to take on Trent and Scherff. Also, Cleveland and Minnesota could use either of them, not sure how the $ works w/ those teams, we may have to take back a player or two from those teams to make their cap space work.

not big on that rams trade but i do like your thinking. A trade to Minny wouldnt work due to cap, I think they are maxed out as far as the cap goes, I want to say thats why they were rumored to trade rudolph back at the deadline but i belive the browns could work as far as the cap goes

The only way we get a 1st for Trent now is if we smartly drive up a bidding war with the teams. And even then, if I'm a team that is trading for him and I want to give a 1st, I'm not giving them a 2020 1st. I'll give the Redskins a 2020 3rd (or 2nd depending upon playing time) and a 2021 1st.

But...

That is all thought experiment. If I'm another team, I'm not handing over a 1st for him. But not out of the realm of possibility for a smart front office to get a bidding war going for him though. 

The problem is that we don't have a smart front office. We have this...

clown-car1.gif

• Like 3

5 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

not big on that rams trade but i do like your thinking. A trade to Minny wouldnt work due to cap, I think they are maxed out as far as the cap goes, I want to say thats why they were rumored to trade rudolph back at the deadline but i belive the browns could work as far as the cap goes

Well, the Vikings have to trade us back a player so they could make room for one or both Trent & Brandon. 

I’d take Rudolph back in a trade and we could also acquire one of their defensive players like Xavier Rhodes for example. I also just realized that Trae Waynes will be a FA in March. 

I wonder if there’s some gentleman’s agreement we could work out where we’d trade them Scherff after we franchise him and then they’d franchise Trae Waynes and we could swap players.

It’d be nice to get Trae Waynes for Scherff - re-sign Waynes long term - and have Dunny and Waynes as our starting corners for next 5 years plus.

3 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

The only way we get a 1st for Trent now is if we smartly drive up a bidding war with the teams. And even then, if I'm a team that is trading for him and I want to give a 1st, I'm not giving them a 2020 1st. I'll give the Redskins a 2020 3rd (or 2nd depending upon playing time) and a 2021 1st.

But...

That is all thought experiment. If I'm another team, I'm not handing over a 1st for him. But not out of the realm of possibility for a smart front office to get a bidding war going for him though. 

clown-car1.gif

We’re talking about the Browns here brother 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

But...

clown-car1.gif

I think now that we have gone down this road we will have to be willing to stay patient.  We need DJ Humphries to sign for crazy money.  After that, there really aren't any free agent left tackles who aren't in a similar age category as trent.  Then we need that bidding war.

3 hours ago, offbyone said:

I think now that we have gone down this road we will have to be willing to stay patient.  We need DJ Humphries to sign for crazy money.  After that, there really aren't any free agent left tackles who aren't in a similar age category as trent.  Then we need that bidding war.

Anthony Costanzo 

• Like 1