2020 Draft thread

lavar703

22 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah, it's stupid to go back. He's a lock for the top 2 picks. You're not gonna get that draft stock higher than right now

A kid that had to borrow money for a plane ticket and then got suspended for it, which was ridiculous, is not going to turn down millions upon millions of dollars. Leaving is the smart choice. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah, it's stupid to go back. He's a lock for the top 2 picks. You're not gonna get that draft stock higher than right now

Especially considering that if he goes back next year he's likely to just end up as Number 2 again behind Trevor Lawrence

• Like 3

The logic says yes, he should come out, but some guys aren't mentally ready to be in the limelight. Some guys love the college life and want the full experience. I cannot say this is what Chase is thinking, but sometimes the family has a great influence, and he may have promised Mom or Pops with a college degree cause football aint forever. 

2 minutes ago, mike23md said:

The logic says yes, he should come out, but some guys aren't mentally ready to be in the limelight. Some guys love the college life and want the full experience. I cannot say this is what Chase is thinking, but sometimes the family has a great influence, and he may have promised Mom or Pops with a college degree cause football aint forever. 

Agreed, but I’ll be absolutely shocked if a guy who is all but guaranteed - and may even be guaranteed - to go #1 or 2 overall in the draft goes back to college. I was shocked when Andrew Luck didn't come out in the 2011 draft too because he also was going to go #1 or 2 in the draft.

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Agreed, but I’ll be absolutely shocked if a guy who is all but guaranteed - and may even be guaranteed - to go #1 or 2 overall in the draft goes back to college. I was shocked when Andrew Luck didn't come out in the 2011 draft too because he also was going to go #1 or 2 in the draft.

I don't know what Chase Young's family situation is, but Andrew Luck also had the benefit that his family was pretty well to do and so there was less pressure to start his career.

1 minute ago, offbyone said:

I don't know what Chase Young's family situation is, but Andrew Luck also had the benefit that his family was pretty well to do and so there was less pressure to start his career.

Yeah, I know but still if you are going to be a first round pick I think you should always leave early. The risk of returning and getting injured if you stay another year in college is too great.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, offbyone said:

Peyton Manning also stayed in school his senior year when he would have been #1 as a junior, but like Luck he didn’t need the money ASAP. Jet fan friends of mine are still upset over it but hey, Keyshawn wasn’t a terrible pick 😂. 
Young is coming out. He can always finish his degree. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yup. It's need over BPA. I get drafting for need. But, that high, you need to take the BPA.

Yeah I just can’t even get down with a Thomas pick if we’re number 2. Georgia OL do much better in college then in the pros it seems and I’m tired of always being forced to draft for need. Chase changes the whole dynamic for this team ping forward and you can’t say it’s not a need because Sweat and our edge guys outside of Kerrigan are unproven and Kerrigan is getting up there. We have invested heavily on the defense and this team is in a position to draft the first game changing talent it has been in position for since Sean. Chase is going to come out and unless cinch takes him and we trade for a haul you run that pick in and see where we can take this

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Tua? 
I think the best 6 players in order are Young (who is a Lawrence Taylor type generational player), Juedy ( a Fitzgerald 2.0) Dobbins ( Emmitt Smith 2.0), Lawrence ( love this kid) Burrows, Herbert are both crapshoots. Can Lawrence come out for the draft? If he did this would be the strongest top 4 picks I can recall in a long time 

Lawrence is a true sophomore, he has to play one more year of college. I think Dobbins is a better prospect than Emmitt. Dobbins is like Elliot/Barkley. Dobbins is fast and a good receiver. I think he should’ve been in New York at the heisman ceremony over Fields. The OSU offense isn’t close to the same if Dobbins isn’t great and he always is. He had 22 TDs last year, 20 rushing, over 1800 yards rushing and over 2000 all purpose yards, the fact that he wasn’t in NY was a crime. Once the draft process starts, I think Dobbins will fly up the draft boards and be a top 10 pick. Maybe I’m biased - but I try hard not to be even about OSU players - but I think Dobbins is a top 5 prospect in this draft.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ripsean21 said:

Yeah I just can’t even get down with a Thomas pick if we’re number 2. Georgia OL do much better in college then in the pros it seems and I’m tired of always being forced to draft for need. Chase changes the whole dynamic for this team ping forward and you can’t say it’s not a need because Sweat and our edge guys outside of Kerrigan are unproven and Kerrigan is getting up there. We have invested heavily on the defense and this team is in a position to draft the first game changing talent it has been in position for since Sean. Chase is going to come out and unless cinch takes him and we trade for a haul you run that pick in and see where we can take this

So true, and beyond that Kerrigan is coming off his worst season as a pro and his first where he sustained multiple injuries which cost him games and put him on IR.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Is anyone concerned that the Bengals actually take Chase Young leaving us in a less than ideal situation? Like, what if they like Jacob Eason in the 2nd or something

Why would it be less than ideal? Imagine the trade scenarios if we’re sitting on the Joe Burrow pick...

If we end up with the 2nd pick(Which is no guarntee with how bad Dallas plays and with Keenum trying to play good enough to get a shot somewhere else) the 2 options should be run to put the Chase Young pick or if he's gone/not in draft burn the phones to we get anything close to value pick wise in a trade