2020 Draft thread

lavar703

8 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

We can draft Chase Young

Trade Trent for a 2nd or if he wants to come back, I don’t care either way. 

We can sign Cory Littleton, one of the best cover LB in the game. 

That’s what I would do  

Draft Chase Young.

Trade Trent for a 2nd, draft an OT.

Sign Cory Littleton as a WLB.

Sign Kendall Fuller to be the slot corner.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

@lavar703 if Cleveland calls and says I'll give you Denzel Ward, #10 overall and a first round pick next year for Chase Young do you hang up?

That’s something different though. If you’re getting a proven commodity it’s hard to pass that up. I’m just not a fan of moving back in the first round if you’re picking in the top 10. I just don’t care about having a bunch of third and fourth round picks. Hell, I don’t care about second round picks all that much. If I could I’d use them every year to get back into the first round but that’s just me. 

1 minute ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Okudah is a freaking superstar in the making. Those 5* 6'4 receivers of Clemson couldnt do anything when he was on them.

He could very well end up the best player out of this draft after 5 years. Never know. But he will be a star. Guys like him is why I have no issue with a trade back.

I’m a huge OSU fan as we all know, but Tee Higgins - the only first round talent in the Clemson WR corps - missed 3 quarters of the game. He came back in the game in the 4th quarter and he broke Okudah’s ankles with a great route for the 2-point conversion to basically seal the win for the Tigers last night.

Okudah has a lot of potential, he also benefits greatly by having Chase Young rush the QB every single play.

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

That’s something different though. If you’re getting a proven commodity it’s hard to pass that up. I’m just not a fan of moving back in the first round if you’re picking in the top 10. I just don’t care about having a bunch of third and fourth round picks. Hell, I don’t care about second round picks all that much. If I could I’d use them every year to get back into the first round but that’s just me. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2935690f3fee3a69921a

6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

@lavar703 if Cleveland calls and says I'll give you Denzel Ward, #10 overall and a first round pick next year for Chase Young do you hang up?

What’s happened to this guy? This can’t be the same Mknight who ripped my head off the last 5 years bc I felt having good players in the secondary was nearly as important as having a great DL. 

7 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’m a huge OSU fan as we all know, but Tee Higgins - the only first round talent in the Clemson WR corps - missed 3 quarters of the game. He came back in the game in the 4th quarter and he broke Okudah’s ankles with a great route for the 2-point conversion to basically seal the win for the Tigers last night.

Okudah has a lot of potential, he also benefits greatly by having Chase Young rush the QB every single play.

No Clemson receiver had 50 yards. Theyre all 5* guys. And Okudah did the strip-td return that was unrightfully called back.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

How are you getting two of them? What am I missing?

Because I need At least a top 10 pick plus another 1st round pick and a 2nd round pick to give up the #2 pick in the draft. I'd love to stay at top 5 pick but top 10 is doable IMO. Jags got Allen at #8 last year. Skins got Haskins at 15 and Sweat at 26. Plus got Allen at 17 and Payne at 13. Talent falls in the draft. 

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Why do you think a defensive minded HC like Ron Rivera is not going to be salivating over Chase Young?

Ron will have dreams of a Julius Peppers in his prime clone running through his head! IMO Ron will have the Redskins sprinting the Chase Young Card to the podium faster then Vinny did in 09 for Orakpo!

Until it's (Rivera's hiring) officially announced, I'm not believing it.

10 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

No Clemson receiver had 50 yards. Theyre all 5* guys. And Okudah did the strip-td return that was unrightfully called back.

Several reasons why they had no WR go over 50 yards. For one, they ran their QB 16 and threw screen passes to their RB and a jump pass - ala Tebo— to their RB bc they were scared of Chase Young!  They took Young out of the game, they put in a game plan of zone read, QB keepers, screens and a jump pass to their RB which won them the game so Lawrence didn’t have to hold onto the ball and take hits form Young and the other OSU DL.

Again, Tee Higgins was knocked out of the game in the first quarter, he’s their only first round QB prospect at the moment. Then, their #2 WR Ross played the entire game hurt. You saying that none of their WRs had 50 yards actually proves my point that w/o Higgins, they had no other great threats. When Higgins did go back in, he scored a 2-point conversion.

16 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Until it's (Rivera's hiring) officially announced, I'm not believing it.

Well ok, even in a hypothetical, any defensive minded HC who’s hired is going to jump at the chance to draft Chase Young. They aren’t agreeing to trade that pick.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

Just now, turtle28 said:

Well ok, even in a hypothetical, any defensive minded HC who’s hired is going to jump at the chance to draft Chase Young. They aren’t agreeing to trade that pick.

Yeah, sorry. I had posted that as well, but it cut it out for some reason. I agree. If it's a defensive coach, then Young HAS to be that pick.

21 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Smh.  The trade down opportunities...

At least now we don’t have to hear the idiotic Haskins vs Burrows debate for the next 4 months though. 

There would be no debate.  They would take Burrow.  The guy is incredible.