General News and Notes

.Buzz

On 10/1/2021 at 11:22 AM, pwny said:

I wouldn’t be shocked to see him be a Manhertz/Marcedes level blocker as his career goes on. Dude is real good as a blocker.

He’s shown a little bit with his ability as a receiver, but there’s a long way to go. If he can become a decent TE2 type receiver, he’s gonna have a good place in this league.

That's absolutely what you want in a TE2 as well.  If you're got "that guy"...you just want someone who can block, and occasionally sneak out there, find a soft spot sit down...at catch a 5 yard pass that they turn upfield for a total of 6 yards.  It's not glamorous, but it's essential.

You just need the actual #1 Weapon to make it make sense.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2021/10/jaguars-have-discussed-d-j-chark-extension

Ideally, I’d like the Jags to bring Chark on a friendly deal. 

If George Pickens is available in the 2nd round, I’d take him as I feel he has #1 receiver potential. We got Marvin Jones for one more year so Pickens could fully heal up from his ACL. Then we’d move forward with a trio of Pickens, Chark, and Shenault.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chops013 said:

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2021/10/jaguars-have-discussed-d-j-chark-extension

Ideally, I’d like the Jags to bring Chark on a friendly deal. 

If George Pickens is available in the 2nd round, I’d take him as I feel he has #1 receiver potential. We got Marvin Jones for one more year so Pickens could fully heal up from his ACL. Then we’d move forward with a trio of Pickens, Chark, and Shenault.

I do like the idea of keeping him if we it’s reasonable (which I’d assume it is).

Disappointed a bit this year and last but him and Trevor seem to have a great relationship. Plus with our recent woes of not keeping our own…