2020 College Prospects

BroncoBruin

11 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

My bad! Jordyn Brooks ILB Texas Tech was that pick. 

Doubt many around here would do cartwheels, but the first 5 are certainly solid picks at positions of need.  I love Thomas.  And Claypool is certainly intriguing- although a bit too boom / bust for my liking.  Arnette should be a great fit for our D. Probably a pretty realistic draft overall - which means everyone on this board will be disappointed with it lol 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Now three sources (Peter Schrager, Mike Lombardi, Dane Brugler) saying the Broncos want to move up to 10 to get their guy at WR. 

Then “their guy” better be Lamb, as he is the best of the bunch. If they trade up 5 spots in the first round for a WR that was 2nd best on his team, I’ll be extremely disappointed 

12 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

So we're about done with this mock I talked about before we hit some serious speed bumps recently. This is what it turned out to be. 

1-15 Andrew Thomas T Georgia

2-14 Damon Arnette CB Ohio St

3-13 Chase Claypool WR Notre Dame

3-31 Rashard Lawrence DL LSU

4-12 KJ Hill WR Ohio St

5-33 Khalil Davis DL Nebraska

6-2 K'Von Wallace S Clemson

I was looking at safety in the 5th but the couple guys I was interested in went right before me so double dipped at DL. There are just the 2 comp picks left in the 7th. Well am I fired or is it at least mediocre?

Love the Thomas, Arnette and Wallace picks. I don’t think Claypool really fits what the Broncos are looking for at WR.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

Then “their guy” better be Lamb, as he is the best of the bunch. If they trade up 5 spots in the first round for a WR that was 2nd best on his team, I’ll be extremely disappointed 

I'd rather have Jeudy myself but I wouldn't raise cane if we selected Lamb either. 

1 minute ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

The NFL seems to be lower on Jeudy than fans/media. Jeudy was more productive, he also generally faced easier matchups in the slot and Tua’s first reads were almost always the two slot receivers. 

11 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

The NFL seems to be lower on Jeudy than fans/media. Jeudy was more productive, he also generally faced easier matchups in the slot and Tua’s first reads were almost always the two slot receivers. 

I’m not that high on Jeudy either. But I’m even less high on Ruggs.  I like him.  Crazy speed, good hands, tough, good blocker.  And more importantly he’ll be a good fit in the Broncos scheme.  But ultimately, I think Lamb, Mims, Jefferson and, yes, Jeudy. Will be better/more productive receivers in the NFL than Ruggs.  

46 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Now three sources (Peter Schrager, Mike Lombardi, Dane Brugler) saying the Broncos want to move up to 10 to get their guy at WR. 

Given the way this FO has operated, I am not surprised to hear that. In 2017 they made their decision that they were going to take Garrett Bolles come hell or high water and, after he was picked, it was reported that they were ready to trade up for him if they suspected there would be a run on OTs. Meanwhile, Ryan Ramczyk has become a perennial All Pro. 

There wasn't even a whiff of this team having interest in any FA WR last month so it's quite clear that they have honed in on that position in the draft. I would wager that the move up will actually be for CeeDee Lamb, not Ruggs or Jeudy. I don't think Elway, who has never considered Alabama players is going to change course on that this year. I don't ever like the idea of a first round WR but, considering the depth at the position this year and the fact that rookie WRs almost never contribute, whomever they pick better grow into an All Pro and lap Sutton on the depth chart because passing on an OT, IMO, would be a colossal mistake. 

Perhaps the trade up will be for Wirfs, who I believe is the best OT in this class. But like I said, I'm not holding my breath. This is a FO that telegraphs it's moves pretty clearly. I think the trade partner is Jacksonville; they are in full rebuild mode, already have two first round picks, look for them to move down for #15, #83 and #95. In such a move we would get the WR at No. 9 and then a CB and a developmental OT with our 2nd and one remaining 3rd. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

Btw, just read Jeudy scored a 9 on the Wonderlic.  Take that for whatever you will (and I believe Lamb scored a 12).  But I doubt it vaults him up draft boards....  

Meh, WRs can be morons. You don't want your QB, LT, C or MLB to be a moron but WR isn't a position that requires a great deal of cognitive reasoning. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Given the way this FO has operated, I am not surprised to hear that. In 2017 they made their decision that they were going to take Garrett Bolles come hell or high water and, after he was picked, it was reported that they were ready to trade up for him if they suspected there would be a run on OTs. Meanwhile, Ryan Ramczyk has become a perennial All Pro. 

There wasn't even a whiff of this team having interest in any FA WR last month so it's quite clear that they have honed in on that position in the draft. I would wager that the move up will actually be for CeeDee Lamb, not Ruggs or Jeudy. I don't think Elway, who has never considered Alabama players is going to change course on that this year. I don't ever like the idea of a first round WR but, considering the depth at the position this year and the fact that rookie WRs almost never contribute, whomever they pick better grow into an All Pro and lap Sutton on the depth chart because passing on an OT, IMO, would be a colossal mistake. 

Perhaps the trade up will be for Wirfs, who I believe is the best OT in this class. But like I said, I'm not holding my breath. This is a FO that telegraphs it's moves pretty clearly. I think the trade partner is Jacksonville; they are in full rebuild mode, already have two first round picks, look for them to move down for #15 and two of our 3rds. In such a move we would get the WR at No. 9 and then a CB and a developmental OT with our 2nd and one remaining 3rd. 

I suspect all of this is correct.  I’ll hate if if true, but I think you have likely nailed it.  Considering where we are in the rebuild and all the holes we have, the draft analytics, etc, this would just be a horrible move.  But the fans will love it😜. 

I suspect all of this is correct.  I’ll hate if if true, but I think you have likely nailed it.  Considering where we are in the rebuild and all the holes we have, the draft analytics, etc, this would just be a horrible move.  But the fans will love it😜. 

Same, and its just a horrible move. We are not a WR away. We are a year away, possibly two, from fielding a team that can truly compete. 

But, as with Bolles in 2017 I suspect that we trade up for need. Honestly, I dont think any of the top 3 WR would clearly be our #1 over Sutton and that makes the move all the goofier. 

Also, I dont see it with Mims. He is an athletic marvel, but he is a long strider who doesnt play with maximum effort or urgency, doesnt translate his natural power to blocking well and won on athletic ability over WR ability at the college level. He is a very risky guy IMO. 

Edited by BroncosFan2010

9 minutes ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

Now mocks are only good for so much but I haven't seen many, if any to be honest, that have a WR going off the board before Jacksonville's pick at #9. With Arizona trading for Hopkins, unless someone else in our range moves way up for a WR, all three are likely to be on the board when the Jags pick. That's what makes the trade up with them look so realistic, IMO. Plus there have been reports trickling out that the FO prefers Lamb over the pair from Alabama. 

33 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Now mocks are only good for so much but I haven't seen many, if any to be honest, that have a WR going off the board before Jacksonville's pick at #9. With Arizona trading for Hopkins, unless someone else in our range moves way up for a WR, all three are likely to be on the board when the Jags pick. That's what makes the trade up with them look so realistic, IMO. Plus there have been reports trickling out that the FO prefers Lamb over the pair from Alabama. 

I’ll hate it.  But I’ll hate it the least if it’s Lamb