2020 College Prospects

BroncoBruin

2 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Such an incredibly lazy narrative. 

Please elaborate, especially when we have Drew Lock on the roster who has elite spatial ability with throwing a football when his feet are right.

Johnny Manziel chip Kelly offense, Marcus Mariota Chip Kelly offense. Round 3 on go for it. 

Round 1 it's a more ignorant selection than a Franchise rb. At least you'll get 5 years of good to great production out of a DeAndre Swift, Or Etienne from Clemson.

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

Please elaborate, especially when we have Drew Lock on the roster who has elite spatial ability with throwing a football when his feet are right.

Johnny Manziel chip Kelly offense, Marcus Mariota Chip Kelly offense. Round 3 on go for it. 

Round 1 it's a more ignorant selection than a Franchise rb. At least you'll get 5 years of good to great production out of a DeAndre Swift, Or Etienne from Clemson.

You said he was just a scat back

10 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

1. His feet are almost never right, one of his biggest issues. 

2. Johnny Manziel didn't come from Chip's offense, Manziel came from a variation of the Air Raid. What Chip does is closer to Urban Meyer. And all of this stuff is all over the NFL now. 

3. Mariota's failures were a result of his individual shortcomings, not the system he came from. His mental processing was better than many who came from "pro" offenses. 

4. What's ignorant is this backwards "Don't draft from that system" narrative when Chip's concepts have trickled up and spread across the league. Just a lazy excuse to not evaluate a player on his individual merits.

You and the John Elways of the world can worry about lining up under center and memorizing 20 seconds of verbiage. QBs come from everywhere now. 

Edited by BroncoBruin
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

. Johnny Manziel didn't come from Chip's offense, Manziel came from a variation of the Air Raid. What Chip does is closer to Urban Meyer. And all of this stuff is all over the NFL now. 

Johnny Manziel was recruited along with Mariota to Oregon to run the Chip Kelly offense.  All I'm saying is it's not a good bet for a round 1 Chip Kelly guy and is borderline round 2. 

I'd love him to prove me wrong, but I'll give Lock 5 games to prove me right first.

He also makes Lamar Jackson look swole.

Edited by thebestever6

Just now, thebestever6 said:

Johnny Manziel was recruited along with Mariota to Oregon to run the Chip Kelly offense.  All I'm saying is it's not a good bet for a round 1 Chip Kelly guy and is borderline round 2. 

I'd love him to prove me wrong, but I'll give Lock 5 games to prove me right first.

Sounds like Chip knew what he was doing, recruiting a future Heisman winner who wasn't a huge national prospect.

It's bad, lazy, backwards analysis. Trash that kind of thinking and just evaluate players. 

2 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

What round would you take Robinson in? 

It's way too early for that. He's probably starting almost 30 more games in college. He'll be doubling his career starts as a quarterback in the next couple years. 

Right now, he has an intriguing combination of gifts and is slowly putting it all together. Upside is top 5 guy, if development stalls out you may be talking about a 5th round type. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Right now, he has an intriguing combination of gifts and is slowly putting it all together. Upside is top 5 guy, if development stalls out you may be talking about a 5th round type

I agree with every word you said lol. I think he has a long tail in the NFL and see a Josh Johnson Floor with him. And his ceiling is a top 5 guy.

Even with all that being said I still wouldn't take a Chip Kelly spread offense QB in the first. I guess you wouldn't trust me to the keys with the franchise lmao.

Probably wouldn't trust me walking a dog.

Edited by thebestever6

7 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

If you're going to be scared off by spread-to-run offenses that attack with tempo and into space, you may not be interested in college football quarterbacks. Because that's the game now. 

Hurts doesn't scare me off. Up tempo doesn't scare me off. I just need some form of pro style concepts within the offense. 

Chip Kelly's up tempo offense inflates QBs as much as the zbs inflates runningbacks. Gardner Minshew(Mike Leach offense) similar went round 6 round 3,4,5,6 is when I'm most comfortable taking that gamble on that type of prospect. 

Edited by thebestever6