2020 College Prospects

BroncoBruin

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

If you recall Shanny wanted to trade the farm for Megatron but settled for Scrub Jarvis Moss. 

I punched my TV that day

If you recall, you were trying to sell us on how critical it was having six or less picks in a draft as it relates to a team's future. And you were right! Three year tailspin after that. 

Sage Surratt is everything we wanted Cody Latimer to turn into. His footwork is awesome, he has awesome size, his long speed is adequate, his football IQ is elite. His contested catches are wayyyy above average similar to Sutton, his sideline catching ability is good. Somewhere on the spectrum of Eric Decker and Jordy Nelson. 

If we do land a Robbie Anderson type in free agency he's high on my big board for this offense and a rookie QBs best friend along with Fant, Sutton, and a franchise rb group

Edited by thebestever6

If we do land a Robbie Anderson type in free agency he's high on my big board for this offense

I would stay far away from him. He is the type that doesn't stay engaged when his team is bad, and we will be bad.

A contender should sign him and that likely would keep Robby awake and putting in effort every snap.

Buying low on Rashard Higgins would be a nice move IMO. He has been lost on a lost Cleveland team this year but last season had 39 catches / 74% catch rate / 15 YPC / 4TD.

Those are sneaky good numbers.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Buying low on Rashard Higgins would be a nice move IMO. He has been lost on a lost Cleveland team this year but last season had 39 catches / 74% catch rate / 15 YPC / 4TD.

I could get on board with him or Aghlor. Aghlor is losing a ton of money in free agency atm. Him on a bargain contract as the 4 option burner type 50/50 ball bc his hands are stone might be the move. The wrs who deserves the most hate in philly this year are in order 1) Alshon for being an Eddie Lacy of wrs and taking a half season to get into shape yearly that's why JJ was drafted.2) DeSean Jackson for not getting the hernia surgery and waiting until now even though it was recommended( long term risks?) 3) then Nelson who's a niche wr.

Sundays would be anxiety producing because either Nelson catches those balls and is a hero or doesn't and he's hated by a fanbase for a week. By bargain I'm talking 5 mill or less per year. 10 I stay far away lol

Edited by thebestever6

59 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

As for the draft, I like a trade down w/ JAX. 8 for 16, R2 and 2021 R3.

R1 Jalen Hurts QB - Oklahoma

R2 Alaric Jackson OT - Iowa

R2 Troy Dye ILB - Oregon

I have to admit I'm very worried about Hurts.   Can't deny what he's done in OKL - but as we're seeing, the QB success there isn't always translatable to the NFL.   I love Murray's throwing skills and his ability to move around the pocket and create different throwing lanes to deal with his height issues.    Baker's going to be OK once they fix his OL, but he's also showing it wasn't necessarily all him.   And we are seeing that Mark Andrews & Hollywood Brown are the real deal in the NFL.   Plus,  I think the world of Riley's ability to scheme guys open. 

All of that to say - I see OKL 2019, and I think CeeDee Lamb is another special WR talent.   Riley's scheme hasn't changed.    And I can't shake Hurts' struggles in 'Bama vs. good teams.  

I don't think Hurts is Vince Young-level bad or miss - but I also don't see him as a Kyler-level talent, either, from a tools or throwing skills perspective.   I have to admit I'd let another team take a shot on him, especially if we could get a foundational T at where we are. 

I do like your R2 picks.

Personally, I think we're going to find out that Allen's tape will allow teams to adjust, and MIN/BUF will expose him for being a serviceable backup, but not a guy you can count on to win games.   So I think when that happens, we'll see Lock in December, perhaps as early as LAC Week 13, but eventually, we'll see Lock.   That should keep our pick in the 6-10 range, and thus maybe get one of the top  T's (it's too bad about the CLE W, because it really kept hopes for a top 3-5 pick alive, that's now done, so we can forget about Andrew Thomas...sigh) - but with Trey Adams and Walker Little's season ending injuries, it actually makes a trade back scenario possible to hit T with a top 3-4 LT-capable pick later in the teens.    Little's injury was unfortunate, but it's also one that has less likelihood of being a chronic problem (patellar dislocation, like Mahomes).

• Like 1

I don't think Hurts is Vince Young-level bad or miss - but I also don't see him as a Kyler-level talent, either, from a tools or throwing skills perspective.   I have to admit I'd let another team take a shot on him, especially if we could get a foundational T at where we are. 

For quite a while now I have seen Hurts as a Dak Prescott with better wheels type talent. The guy has moxie, moreso than Baker and Kyler, and is a mature leader who could step in immediately and succeed IMO. I honestly wasn't ever that high on Baker or Kyler. I thought Mayfield was a marginal athletic talent with a surprisingly accurate arm at the 2nd level whos development into even an adequate QB depended on maturity (Which I actually thought he would do, but this year he is proving me wrong). Kyler was more exciting but I still am hesitant to trust him with a 2 minute drill and don't trust that he has the 'it' factor.

I think Hurts is made for big games and that his short memory allows him to make mistakes and forget about them (A hugely important trait) in ways that Mayfield and to a lesser extent Kyler really lack. I don't draft guys for being leaders unless they possess the necessary athletic traits to be good players too. Hurts has both and will be a guy that teams rally behind and love to play with. Having lots of talent around you shouldn't be overly penalized IMO. I just watch him and feel good about his chances in the NFL. I don't say that often w/ QBs.