2020 College Prospects

BroncoBruin

1 hour ago, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

Not sure what altitude has to do with anything, he plays in the same state at higher altitude. I don't think there's anyway that he falls to round three. If he had even adequate QB play, he'd be a lock for the top 15. I also expect him to blow up at the combine. He's been clocked in the 4.3-4.4 range and with his size at 6'2 and 220lbs, that puts him in Julio territory. If we were able to land him round two, it would be a coup. 

If he's injury prone, playing in altitude doesn't help with injury recovery.  It certainly hasn't helped him avoid it playing in COL.  

Regardless, the bigger point we both allude to - how special he looks compared to the rest of this very deep top-end class.    If he's Julio-range in tools, no doubt he'll go Rd1, and even top half (Jeudy going #1 WR-wise barring some major flag showing up).  Now, if he just looks like a size-YAC guy, but not different....well, the lack of production and injuries will factor in, and in this class, you can put him #2 if he's drawing Julio-lite comps, or he can fall outside of the top 5 WR-wise if his tools don't separate him from the rest of the top-end guys.   

I know there's one BR article that says he's sub 4.4 in his 40 time - but that's hand-timed, sideline, etc.   And remember, Julio's 3-cone was borderline ridiculous, it wasn't just the 40 time (as a contrast to DK Metcalf's showing).   If he's that good in Indy in February, no argument at all.   But if he doesn't get Senior Bowl time, he's going to need that special Combine to really stand out.   That's all I'm saying.   We'll find out in February.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

As rich as this WR class is, I’d let someone else bet on Shenault’s talent. I’m reminded of how quickly DT’s elite athleticism deteriorated. Big-framed WRs who are used like RBs with lots of screens, Wildcat plays etc. get beat up, and it’s already showing. 

The guy I’m hoping drops to the 2nd is Jalen Reagor. Elite athlete who any OC would have fun scheming into space, but also flashed the physicality and ball skills to play above his weight class. I like KJ Hamler as he also has the elite twitch and speed of Ruggs and Reagor but doesn’t show the same physicality or ball skills. 

There’s a good chance CeeDee Lamb is on the board at our pick (assuming Jeudy is picked around the top 5 and we’re closer to 10). Not my first, second or even third choice but it’s a tempting thought having two guys who can consistently win 50/50 balls. Lamb is a much smoother athlete than I realized watching him more this year and the ball skills/body adjustment stuff is as good as I can remember seeing. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

As rich as this WR class is, I’d let someone else bet on Shenault’s talent. I’m reminded of how quickly DT’s elite athleticism deteriorated. Big-framed WRs who are used like RBs with lots of screens, Wildcat plays etc. get beat up, and it’s already showing. 

I semi agree with you keep in mind though at some point the value is too great to pass up.

Sutton is our #1 option in this offense long term

Fant Is #2B if we get Shenault to play that Eddie Royal matchup nightmare role at a bargain it's definitely on the table. 

All I want is a dangerous guy that when the defense sticks their hand in the cookie jar that they are made to pay. 

1 hour ago, Cutler06 said:

So, Lindsay, A Pro Bowl running back along with Freeman, a 3rd rd rb is going to support Lock the same way as the rbs listed above ??? Please explain

I don't know what you want me to explain??

I'm Lindsay's number one fan did he finish his rookie year? No

Did Royce Freeman have a high ankle sprain last year? Yes a banged up shoulder this year? Yes 

Does he have a lot of mileage dating back to college?? Yesss.

Jack Nicholson nodding meme.

This team is going rb day two at the Latest because Drew Lock is a pitcher that doesn't know how to pitch yet. 

You combat that by getting a great oline ala Dallas. And getting the best Ffing rb you can so that the defense is fully aware everytime you stick your hand in the cookie jar and guess WRONG Drew Lock is going to make you pay because he's learning too pitch and understand defensive tendencies. Game situation awareness. 

Browns paired Hunt a 2017 3rd rounder with Chubb a 2018 2nd rounder. Resources aren't the issue the issue is what you're trying to accomplish on offense. 

Edited by thebestever6

58 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Also, I know he isn't a burner, but has everyone forgotten we trade up to get JuWann Winfree ???

I haven't forgotten Winfree I think we're looking for an Eddie Royal /DeSean Jackson/ Robbie Anderson like wr.  

Lock is a great Deep ball thrower you wanna maximize that talent.

Edited by thebestever6

7 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Broncos needs greater than RB (assuming Lock doesn’t completely sh-t the bed)

-OTx2

-OC

-ILB

-CB

-WR

-OG

-in-line TE

-DE

-P

-NT

-S

Honestly the only position that I would say were better stacked at than RB is OLB

That's almost at least one new player at each position...as for Oline, Juwuan James' health for next year will account for the RT position and I wouldn't mind resigning McGovern (as a OG) so I agree with an OC moreso than an OG. I've also thought me might need 2 ILB's but with the play of Alexander Johnson, one superior LB should suffice. Also, how many, if any will be filled in Free Agency ?? 

3 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

You're making my point young QBs get paired with day 1 or 2 rbs especially when you have a steal  Udfa rbs on the roster. Or old QBs and 29 30 is old for a scrambling qb.

Cleveland (Chubb)

Houston( 3rd on johnson) ( 3rd on foreman)

Eagles (2nd on Sanders)

Wilson( 1st on Penny)

Newton (1st on McCaffrey)

Manning( 3rd on Hillman) (2nd on Ball)

Brady (1st on Michel 3rd on Damian Harris)

Goff (1st on Gurley 3rd on Henderson)

Dak ( 1st with Zeke) (3rd with Pollard)

Bortles (1st on Fornette) 

My fingers hurt.... it's the trend of the NFL.

I mean Im just not sure why you think they need a RB in general lol more than multiple OL, LB, WR, ect 

Lindsay/Freeman are a pretty dang good RB duo that will only get better with a improved investment in the OL and a better QB so defenses dont stack the box as much. Plus they both come with essentially zero hit to the cap allowing the Broncos to invest more in areas of desperate need. Its like having 2 RBs who practically play for free. Plus, 1/2 the RBs listed there are not that good or worthy of the draft pick spent on them lol

Edited by AkronsWitness

2 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I don't know what you want me to explain??

I'm Lindsay's number one fan did he finish his rookie year? No

Did Royce Freeman have a high ankle sprain last year? Yes a banged up shoulder this year? Yes 

Does he have a lot of mileage dating back to college?? Yesss.

Jack Nicholson nodding meme.

This team is going rb day two at the Latest because Drew Lock is a pitcher that doesn't know how to pitch yet. 

You combat that by getting a great oline ala Dallas. And getting the best Ffing rb you can so that the defense is fully aware everytime you stick your hand in the cookie jar and guess WRONG Drew Lock is going to make you pay because he's learning too pitch and understand defensive tendencies. Game situation awareness. 

Browns paired Hunt a 2017 3rd rounder with Chubb a 2018 2nd rounder. Resources aren't the issue the issue is what you're trying to accomplish on offense. 

You can’t say the bolded with certainty for crying out loud you keep stating things you  don’t know like they are fact.

5 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I mean Im just not sure why you think they need a RB in general lol more than multiple OL, LB, WR, ect

Never said I value RB over Oline those words were never typed on a screen by me. LB I believe value will be there post round one so dline should be addressed before that, maybe Even Safety. 

Because a rookie qb can never have enough RBs . Don't worry about past results for other teams it's where the 2020 class is screaming to go day 2 at the latest. Lindsay Freeman shouldn't be viewed as out saving grace to not address it day two or earlier barring a Mark Ingram/Melvin Gordon level signing. 

You hated the Fant Pick on draft day, but a move TE in this offense is basically a glorified wr 2 matchup nightmare. Fant is below average as a blocker for te but he's a decent blocker for a wr.

7 minutes ago, Counselor said:

You can’t say the bolded with certainty for crying out loud you keep stating things you  don’t know like they are fact.

They are fact unless we sign a Willis Mcgahee, Mark Ingram, Melvin Gordon type rb then the need will wait till day 3. If that doesn't happen day 2 is a fact if the rb group remains as is.

98% certainty 

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

They are fact unless we sign a Willis Mcgahee, Mark Ingram, Melvin Gordon type rb then the need will wait till day 3. If that doesn't happen day 2 is a fact if the rb group remains as is.

98% certainty 

You can’t say that. You don’t know that. My goodness

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I don’t care about that. You can’t say we are for sure going to draft a RB on day 2 at the latest. You aren’t the one making the decisions.

Look at fangios last stops at DC!! 

-Carolina in the 90s Stephen Davis was drafted round 2 to build the offense around right when he got there first 2 years.

- Indianapolis colts- edgerrin James round 1 right after he got there.

- Houston Texans were an expansion team so I can't remember tbh I'm sure they went rb high though.

- Baltimore Ravens- went ray rice a year after he got there as dc.

- San Francisco- Carlos Hyde Round 2 right after he got there within that 3 year window.

- Chicago Bears was Jordan Howard Round 5 so I have a 5/6 chance of being right. Given the state of our rb position I think I'm right. Durability concerns between Lindsay's fearless running style and Freemans style of play/mileage.