2020 College Prospects

BroncoBruin

2 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

If Thomas doesn't land to our spot and Wirfs is there and he has a 1c guy graded right behind him do you not trust a trade down to aquire an extra second + to use on a bad a runningback round two? 

Do you trust Munchaks coaching ability? I do as well as identifying talent look at the Left Tackle from Pittsburgh. 

Did you not understand why I listed other tackle options?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Did you not understand why I listed other tackle options?

My bad man I died on my rb day 2 hill last night/ bigger need than wr lol. Still defensive.

Let's look at what we know about the division which has been altered by Patrick Mahomes best qb I've seen since Aaron Rodgers. 

- Oakland is taking a similar model as us. They have a move te in Waller top 3 in the game, franchise rb, didn't cheapen out on the oline that's for sure.

- if Thomas falls you can't cheapen out there.

- you can't cheapen out on center but with Munchaks expertise waiting till round 3 is possible if one of the big 3 - or 4 rbs falls to our day 2 pick.

Franchise rb is a bigger need than Number two wr because Mahomes is here to stay.

-Andy Reid great coach biggest flaw clock Management we need to expose that.

-Lindsay - small runs fearless, durability concerns long term.

- Royce- big physical contact runner, high mileage. This situation screams day 2 rb. Because Patrick Mahomes is here to stay so we have to play small ball versatile keep the ball away from Patty. With big play threat ability.

Edited by thebestever6

20 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

My bad man I died on my rb day 2 hill last night/ bigger need than wr lol. Still defensive.

Let's look at what we know about the division which has been altered by Patrick Mahomes best qb I've seen since Aaron Rodgers. 

- Oakland is taking a similar model as us. They have a move te in Waller top 3 in the game, franchise rb, didn't cheapen out on the oline that's for sure.

- if Thomas falls you can't cheapen out there.

- you can't cheapen out on center but with Munchaks expertise waiting till round 3 is possible if one of the big 3 - or 4 rbs falls to our day 2 pick.

Franchise rb is a bigger need than Number two wr because Mahomes is here to stay.

-Andy Reid great coach biggest flaw clock Management we need to expose that.

-Lindsay - small runs fearless, durability concerns long term.

- Royce- big physical contact runner, high mileage. This situation screams day 2 rb. Because Patrick Mahomes is here to stay so we have to play small ball versatile keep the ball away from Patty. With big play threat ability.

I don’t agree and I don’t have time to debate it right now. RB isn’t a day 2 need.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Broncos needs greater than RB (assuming Lock doesn’t completely sh-t the bed)

-OTx2

-OC

-ILB

-CB

-WR

-OG

-in-line TE

-DE

-P

-NT

-S

Honestly the only position that I would say were better stacked at than RB is OLB

Lesean McCoy is a placeholder for KC 

Booker is a placeholder here so it Riddick tbh.

Would your opinion change on draft day if the guy was BPA and it was us poaching him from the Patrick Mahomes show time offense? Or a mirror type move to match that move and not concede the division to the Chiefs the next 3 years.

Edited by thebestever6

OT - Thomas preferred 

OT/ Guard combo preferred Leatherwood that would be my second first round pick from acquiring one

Those two selections let you skimp out on center later on, line up Wilkinson at guard develop leatherwood as a combo when James career ends. 

Go BPA RB round two and devote the rest of the draft going defense linebacker/d line/ Safety/burner wr at some point if we need it and it isnt addressed in FA.

Inline te upgrade if one is presented. 

Edited by thebestever6

Right now, I think best case scenario for Broncos is to take Thomas/Jackson/Adams at OT at our first pick depending on how the board falls

With our capital, I would love to see us trade back up into the bottom half of the first for a WR. Right now, I think there's a great chance that Tee Higgins or Laviska Shenault falls to the bottom of the first top of the 2nd.

I think Shenault should be a target for this team. He can take the top off the defense, line up in the slot and run deep ins/outs, and can handle the ball out of the backfield. Imagine the mismatches with Fant/Sutton/Shenault. That's a ton of beef and speed to defend. 

46 minutes ago, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

Right now, I think best case scenario for Broncos is to take Thomas/Jackson/Adams at OT at our first pick depending on how the board falls

With our capital, I would love to see us trade back up into the bottom half of the first for a WR. Right now, I think there's a great chance that Tee Higgins or Laviska Shenault falls to the bottom of the first top of the 2nd.

I think Shenault should be a target for this team. He can take the top off the defense, line up in the slot and run deep ins/outs, and can handle the ball out of the backfield. Imagine the mismatches with Fant/Sutton/Shenault. That's a ton of beef and speed to defend. 

FWIW I don't think Shenault will make Rd1.   Way too many injury flags.   Honestly, given we play in altitude, I can understand if DEN passes even in Rd2.   No denying the talent, but the ability to stay healthy is a skill (or lack of one when you have his injury history).

If he has an OMG Combine (I'm assuming he won't graduate early, so won't be Senior Bowl eligible), maybe.  But if it's a Combine where he doesn't stand out, honestly I could see him fall out of the top 5 WR's.  That would be ideal, as it would put us in range for Rd 3.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

This class is about 5 tackles deep the guy from Oregon I hear good things about. 

If you go rb like one of those blue chip talents and you use a 3 headed monster rb attack. That rb will most likely be worthy of a second contract bc you're not redlining him. It's a chess move. Why do you think niners signed Coleman from Atlanta????

Bc he wasn't red lined 

You say San Francisco doesn't value the position answer this final question how much did they pay that rb from Minnesota via free agency and what is that equivalent to draft picks wise?

think how much Houston spent to eat the brock contract??

mic drop!!!!!!!

Cleveland basically ate Osweilers deal in exchange for a 2nd round pick who a year later became.....drum roll please...........

.....Nick Chubb

• Like 1

Honestly I would love to see us trade back (our 1st and 2nd for both of the raiders’ 1sts. You know chucky will fall in love with someone. Maybe even shenault) and pick Wirfs/Adams and Biadasz. Love me some Biadasz. Reminds me of another former badger in Travis Frederick. Instant plug and play top 5 OC in the game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

FWIW I don't think Shenault will make Rd1.   Way too many injury flags.   Honestly, given we play in altitude, I can understand if DEN passes even in Rd2.   No denying the talent, but the ability to stay healthy is a skill (or lack of one when you have his injury history).

If he has an OMG Combine (I'm assuming he won't graduate early, so won't be Senior Bowl eligible), maybe.  But if it's a Combine where he doesn't stand out, honestly I could see him fall out of the top 5 WR's.  That would be ideal, as it would put us in range for Rd 3.

Not sure what altitude has to do with anything, he plays in the same state at higher altitude. I don't think there's anyway that he falls to round three. If he had even adequate QB play, he'd be a lock for the top 15. I also expect him to blow up at the combine. He's been clocked in the 4.3-4.4 range and with his size at 6'2 and 220lbs, that puts him in Julio territory. If we were able to land him round two, it would be a coup. 

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Cleveland basically ate Osweilers deal in exchange for a 2nd round pick who a year later became.....drum roll please...........

.....Nick Chubb

You're making my point young QBs get paired with day 1 or 2 rbs especially when you have a steal  Udfa rbs on the roster. Or old QBs and 29 30 is old for a scrambling qb.

Cleveland (Chubb)

Houston( 3rd on johnson) ( 3rd on foreman)

Eagles (2nd on Sanders)

Wilson( 1st on Penny)

Newton (1st on McCaffrey)

Manning( 3rd on Hillman) (2nd on Ball)

Brady (1st on Michel 3rd on Damian Harris)

Goff (1st on Gurley 3rd on Henderson)

Dak ( 1st with Zeke) (3rd with Pollard)

Bortles (1st on Fornette) 

My fingers hurt.... it's the trend of the NFL.

1 hour ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Honestly I would love to see us trade back (our 1st and 2nd for both of the raiders’ 1sts. You know chucky will fall in love with someone. Maybe even shenault) and pick Wirfs/Adams and Biadasz. Love me some Biadasz. Reminds me of another former badger in Travis Frederick. Instant plug and play top 5 OC in the game. 

Gruden is coveting Jeudy or Cedee Lamb I like your thinking though!!

9 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

You're making my point young QBs get paired with day 1 or 2 rbs especially when you have a steal  Udfa rbs on the roster. Or old QBs and 29 30 is old for a scrambling qb.

Cleveland (Chubb)

Houston( 3rd on johnson) ( 3rd on foreman)

Eagles (2nd on Sanders)

Wilson( 1st on Penny)

Newton (1st on McCaffrey)

Manning( 3rd on Hillman) (2nd on Ball)

Brady (1st on Michel 3rd on Damian Harris)

Goff (1st on Gurley 3rd on Henderson)

Dak ( 1st with Zeke) (3rd with Pollard)

Bortles (1st on Fornette) 

My fingers hurt.... it's the trend of the NFL.

So, Lindsay, A Pro Bowl running back along with Freeman, a 3rd rd rb is going to support Lock the same way as the rbs listed above ??? Please explain

Now I like Chuba Hubbard in the 3rd, but I'd would force it if there was another player who could help fill a need more.

Also, I know he isn't a burner, but has everyone forgotten we trade up to get JuWann Winfree ???

Edited by Cutler06