2020 College Prospects

BroncoBruin

3 hours ago, Counselor said:

We won’t be able to if the Giants and Redskins don’t win more games and we lose out. 

Wish guaranteed...somewhat.

Giants have 2 winnable games left in MIA and WAS (someone should win, right)

Redskins chance only the head-to-head vs the Giants so really we want the Giants to win both of their games to but 4-12

Outside chance, MIA plays NYJ,  NYG and CIN, best case scenario is they beat the Jets and Bengals, Giants beat Dolphins and 'skins while we lose out to end up 3rd overall pick.

Edited by Cutler06
  • Like 1

At 3-9, we can forget about a top 2 pick.   CIN/WAS are locks.  And we still have MIA trying hard to tank (playing Kallen Ballage their best way on O to limit their scoring, even if the rest of their players are trying all out).

We can hope for the 4-5 spot, the 3 by sheer luck - because SoS is going to have us picking later.  Losing out will keep us in the top 5, and a great chance for the 4 spot.  That could be good enough for Andrew Thomas.   Honestly, that would be the dream scenario.   Thomas has generational LT talent.  We're not talking Tunsil-level (pre-bong he was a lock to go top 5) - we're going even better.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Broncofan said:

At 3-9, we can forget about a top 2 pick.   CIN/WAS are locks.  And we still have MIA trying hard to tank (playing Kallen Ballage their best way on O to limit their scoring, even if the rest of their players are trying all out).

We can hope for the 4-5 spot, the 3 by sheer luck - because SoS is going to have us picking later.  Losing out will keep us in the top 5, and a great chance for the 4 spot.  That could be good enough for Andrew Thomas.   Honestly, that would be the dream scenario.   Thomas has generational LT talent.  We're not talking Tunsil-level (pre-bong he was a lock to go top 5) - we're going even better.

I think somewhere in the 5, 6, 7 range is where we will end up. Thus I’m not holding out hope for Thomas. 

As much as the media will obsess about it I have the feeling that QB is not going to be an option in the 1st. Months out I think the CB from Ohio State is the best pick. We don’t need another EDGE and WR is a dependent position rarely worth spending a top-10 pick on. 

1 minute ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I think somewhere in the 5, 6, 7 range is where we will end up. Thus I’m not holding out hope for Thomas. 

As much as the media will obsess about it I have the feeling that QB is not going to be an option in the 1st. Months out I think the CB from Ohio State is the best pick. We don’t need another EDGE and WR is a dependent position rarely worth spending a top-10 pick on. 

Realistically the furthest I see Thomas falling is 4.   Cin will take Burrow.  1.2 is taking Chase Young.  3 could go QB if a guy balls out in the silly season (we’ve seen it happen before).   

Overall Thomas is the 2nd best player for sure.   QB need drives teams insane though.   It’s why I really hope we stay away.   Even if we don’t get Thomas (Young is a pipe dream) the only QB Elway would take that early is likely Herbert.   No thx.  

36 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Yeah I like Okudah.  He’s going to be a stud.  This draft is so deep at WR with all Denver’s 3rds they should be able to pickup a day 1 contributor in that round.

I also like Wirfs out of Iowa.  He’ll be a workout warrior, but his tape is good as well.  

Right now, this would be my first round "big board". 

Tier 1 (QBs)

1. Joe Burrow
2. Tua Tagovailoa

Tier 2 (BPA)

1. Chase Young

Tier 3 (OT)

1. Andrew Thomas
2. Tristan Wirfs

Tier 4 (Realistic BPA)

1. Derrick Brown
2. Isaiah Simmons
3. Jerry Jeudy
4. CeeDee Lamb
5. Jeff Okudah 

I'd be happy with any of these picks. 

31 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Tier 1 (QBs)

1. Joe Burrow
2. Tua Tagovailoa

Tier 2 (BPA)

1. Chase Young

Tier 3 (OT)

1. Andrew Thomas
2. Tristan Wirfs

Tier 4 (Realistic BPA)

1. Derrick Brown
2. Isaiah Simmons
3. Jerry Jeudy
4. CeeDee Lamb
5. Jeff Okudah 

I don’t have them all the same, but don’t disagree with any of these players.  If you don’t include Tua and his injuries, the only other 1 that scares me is Simmons.  I don’t know what it is about him, but I just don’t think he’s a good football player.  Exceptional athlete no doubt, but his instincts or something just seem lacking.

The WRs are top 10 talents.  CeeDee Lamb is one of my favorite players in this draft.  Would love him to be a Bronco and wouldn’t be upset with him or Jeudy (I’d take Lamb over Jeudy just to go on record, but both are as good as we’ve seen in a while at WR), but I almost think with all the other needs, overall top end talent of this draft, and depth at WR that has to be a pass for Denver in the top 8.  Don’t get me wrong I won’t be upset, but in terms of turning this team around it would seem more prudent to go a different direction in the top 10.

Another sleeper pick for the later rounds is Texas WR Devin Duvernay, 5'11" 205lbs.  Has good hands, good speed (related to Kyler Murray) and is smart.

" A fourth-year wide receiver who has played in all 49 games and made 27 starts ... added to the Biletnikoff Award midseason watch list in 2019 … named Big 12 Co-Offensive Player of the Week (Sept. 9, 2019) … a three-time Academic All-Big 12 first team selection (2017, 2018, 2019) … also a five-time member of the Big 12 Commissioner’s Honor Roll (fall 2016, spring 2017, fall 2017; spring 2018, spring 2019) ... named to the Academic All-Big 12 Rookie team in 2016-17 … named Big 12 Conference Newcomer of the Week (Oct. 17, 2016) ... was selected to participate in the 2016 Under Armour All-America Game ... also participated in the 2015 Nike “The Opening”.

On 27/11/2019 at 3:12 AM, BroncoBruin said:

Tier 1 (QBs)

1. Joe Burrow
2. Tua Tagovailoa

Tier 2 (BPA)

1. Chase Young

Tier 3 (OT)

1. Andrew Thomas
2. Tristan Wirfs

Tier 4 (Realistic BPA)

1. Derrick Brown
2. Isaiah Simmons
3. Jerry Jeudy
4. CeeDee Lamb
5. Jeff Okudah 

I repeat another time. Tua will not be a 2nd QB taken in the draft. His injuries keep many teams FAR from him. One team jump in the middle of the round to take him but not in the Top 10. It will be a mistake. A injury prone QB behind a very good OL in college. But the NFL will expose his fragility.

Before a WR , an OL is the more likely if Thomas or Wirfs are avalaible.

8 hours ago, French Fan said:

I repeat another time. Tua will not be a 2nd QB taken in the draft. His injuries keep many teams FAR from him. One team jump in the middle of the round to take him but not in the Top 10. It will be a mistake. A injury prone QB behind a very good OL in college. But the NFL will expose his fragility.

Before a WR , an OL is the more likely if Thomas or Wirfs are avalaible.

This is my personal list and I think Tua is an elite QB prospect if health checks out.