GDT 9/22/19 Week 3: 2-0 Baltimore Ravens vs 2-0 Kansas City Chiefs

DreamKid

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Defense lost us this game. Simple. It's that simple.

Yup. Judon had that crucial penalty that led to a score.

Boykin also is not cutting it and needs to be benched. Doesn’t matter if he’s big and imposing it he’s going to drop everything thrown his way. This isn’t Notre Dame, you don’t get force fed until your hands activate.

Lamar also needs to get back to widening his base throughout the game. He narrowed his base in this game and that led to his errand throws.

The OL is partly responsible for some of that however. As Jackson was under such pressure that he was just tossing the ball out when he had the chance to playing under control and in rhythm.

We were favorited to lose this game and there’s much to learn from this loss.

Overall an ugly game but positive that we’re in it till the end even though missed calls and 3rd/4th down conversions.

I wholeheartedly agree with Harbaugh in playing this game aggressively in order to maximise opportunities and points. KC O kept moving the ball on our defense so no need to play conservative and punt the ball.

Saints did it to us last year and if we’re clicking on all cylinders we win this game as well. A great opponent, home field advantage, poor refs and not optimal execution of opportunities is the reason why we lost today.

10 minutes ago, Danand said:

At this point I an genuinly interested in what exactly Jefferson provides on defense, cause I also see him missing too many tackles

Yeah I also want to know this. He's not good in the box. He's not good deep. He's not good in space. He's not good in man coverage. What does he provide?

7 minutes ago, Danand said:

Also, we have too many wide receivers again with bad hands.

Also agreed here. Boykin went from looking like a dude to looking like a typical Ravens rookie WR.

7 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Yup. Judon had that crucial penalty that led to a score.

Boykin also is not cutting it and needs to be benched. Doesn’t matter if he’s big and imposing it he’s going to drop everything thrown his way. This isn’t Notre Dame, you don’t get force fed until your hands activate.

Judon also could've been flagged for a late hit out of bounds on the 2nd to last drive but luckily wasn't. He just makes SO many stupid plays.

A quick breakdown before I start some unplanned day drinking to help cope. 

We made it a close game while playing a very ugly first half of football. 

We held the Chiefs to only 1 field goal and a TD in the second half. 

Even with some questionable officiating and bone headed decisions by Judon. We made it close in the end. 

These things are fixable. We just went toe to toe with arguably the best team in the NFL outside of New New England today. 

9 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Judon also could've been flagged for a late hit out of bounds on the 2nd to last drive but luckily wasn't. He just makes SO many stupid plays.

This is the only thing I don’t agree with. The announcer called that, but it was bogus. The player still had one foot in bounds when Judon hit him. And Judon has already launched into the air before he went out. That player also wasn’t “going down” so it was a good football play there. Had they called the flag that would’ve been egregious.

But I agree there were other dumb plays during the game by Judon for sure.

Peanut also disappeared. But I’m not sure if that’s a bad thing since he was likely in coverage a lot and generally being invisible is a good sign when in coverage.

1 hour ago, RavensfanRD said:

Defense was trash today. Earl Thomas not playing the position he was signed for. Hats off to the Chefs, they got it done. Even with the trashcan calls. Harbaugh out here playing Madden the whole game. Just going to nuke this game from memory.

I'm all for criticizing Harbaugh, but our defense lost us this game flat out. If any coach is to blame, turn it on Wink cuz this gameplan was dog crap.