It’s times for Danny Dimes!

Gmen

8 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

None of us, including every NFL team, have a clue how to scout the quarterback position. I'm not even going to know what I'm talking about anymore. 

It's easy. You just take the guy that's 6'5" 220 pounds, strong arm, accurate, athletic, smart, tough, high character.

But seriously, people weren't able to look past his bad college tape, even though he was on a terrible Duke team. As a prospect though, he has all the tools you look for in a franchise quarterback. I love that we're replacing Eli, with a version of Eli that is 16 years younger and much more athletic. Excited for the future with this kid.

Edited by Gmen

3 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Jones looked good, only remember 1 really bad throw. Best rookie debut since Mariota opened with a perfect passer rating.

Oh The itS jUSt tHe pReseaSoN crowd is changing it’s tune. 

Improvise. Adapt. Overcome. 

3 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Not changing my tune. It's just 1 game. Good sign, couldn't have asked for a better preseason, or a better start, but do you think it'd be reasonable to completely change your mind on a player after the preseason, or 1 game? That is pure idiocy.

3 minutes ago, Gmen said:

You realize iTs JuSt PrEsEaSoN doesn’t mean he can’t or won’t be good, right?

Just like one game in the regular season doesn’t either, right?

I like Jones and hope the best for him and hope he ends up have a HoF career, but Vince McMahon walking after a single game is still premature. 

And I didn’t hate on the pick at all during the off-season. I didn’t evaluate QBs this year, being a Chiefs fan, so I’m not a hater either. Just being real here. 

8 minutes ago, Soggust said:

You realize iTs JuSt PrEsEaSoN doesn’t mean he can’t or won’t be good, right?

Just like one game in the regular season doesn’t either, right?

I like Jones and hope the best for him and hope he ends up have a HoF career, but Vince McMahon walking after a single game is still premature. 

And I didn’t hate on the pick at all during the off-season. I didn’t evaluate QBs this year, being a Chiefs fan, so I’m not a hater either. Just being real here. 

People formed their opinions long before Jones even took a snap in the NFL. Wasn’t that even more premature? And now that he looks every part the 6th overall pick, we’re supposed to slow our roll? Seems a bit hypocritical to me. 

There are people on this forum that called him a fourth round prospect. I don’t think I’m going out on a limb by saying their scouting report was way off. 

Edited by Gmen