GDT "Monday Night Football" Edition: Bears & Redskins 9/23/19

beardown3231

Just now, malagabears said:

I think the game was ok overall, both the D & O let their foot off the gas. Mitch had a great 1st half but was average in the 2nd. Mack beasted.

Anyone want Case Keenum as our backup next year?

The questions left for me are what the hell is Nagy doing...

1 minute ago, dafreak said:

Not sure i understand? That throw was incredible by Mitch BUT he must be able to hit an open receiver in the end zone.

So this is a classic case of not understanding.  It was poor ball placement but Robinson was by himself bc of the bad ball placement.  Norman eyes the QB, he saw where the ball was going and played it rather than play Robinson, that led to Robonson being alone in the corner.  If the ball isnt underthrown, it's going to be a 50/50 ball.

• Like 1

After looking terrible in WK1, I saw an improvement in WK2. I was looking for further improvement from Nagy, Mitch, and the offense in this game and I saw that as well.

The arrow keeps pointing up on offense and I like that. We all know the defense will show up every week.

This feels similar to last year. The offense doesn't play in PS and slowly improves week by week before hitting it's stride by week 4.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Underthrowing a fade ball in the endzone? Um no.

He had Robinson there he just didn't execute properly.

Yes, that was a horrible throw. You can not underthrow the ball which results in a pick. If anything , overthrow it. Not good. Poor execution? I agree but he should not be making those mistakes.

16 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I like Ryan Clark but he clearly doesnt know (on the research side) what hes talking about.

That take was asinine and Clark should be embarrassed. Did he even watch the game or did he make his decision pregame and say "**** it I'm rolling with it still?"

Ryan Leaf? Jamarcus Russell? Those guys were ***holes with poor work ethic and substance abuse issues. How is that even CLOSE to Trubisky?

We should all let him have it on social media. A few already have

32 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

That take was asinine and Clark should be embarrassed. Did he even watch the game or did he make his decision pregame and say "**** it I'm rolling with it still?"

Ryan Leaf? Jamarcus Russell? Those guys were ***holes with poor work ethic and substance abuse issues. How is that even CLOSE to Trubisky?

We should all let him have it on social media. A few already have

More than that the most egregious to me was saying that the Bears didnt get where they wanted to bc Mitch couldnt make the throws when they needed them.  Besides the 4th QTR in the playoffs when he was outstanding, everytime Mitch had the ball last year in game on the line situation, he put the team in position to win.  Against Miami he threw what should have been 2 game winning TDs, and then in OT put the ball in FG range.  Against NE, Kevin White comes up 1 yars short.  Those along with week 1 were the only losses in which Mitch was QB.  

Saying Mitch needs to get better is fair and accurrate, saying he didnt make the plays when he needed to last year is false.

44 minutes ago, dafreak said:

Yes, that was a horrible throw. You can not underthrow the ball which results in a pick. If anything , overthrow it. Not good. Poor execution? I agree but he should not be making those mistakes.

QBs make mistakes.  For some reason everyone that Mitxh makes gets scrutinized to the Nth degree.  Mitch threw 5 incomplete passes.  5.  He probably threw 3 passes with bad ball placement.  People will reveal themselves when they talk about his play in this game.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

QBs make mistakes.  For some reason everyone that Mitxh makes gets scrutinized to the Nth degree.  Mitch threw 5 incomplete passes.  5.  He probably threw 3 passes with bad ball placement.  People will reveal themselves when they talk about his play in this game.

Cmon supe, you've been around long enough to know that its either perfection or bust with some people on this forum.

I'll go back and look at tape but my initial impression of him was more positive than negative and even more-so than last week. Like I said, things seem to be coming together similar to last year.