Week 3 GDT: Saints (1-1) @ Seahawks (2-0)

Canadian Saint

17 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

That was a tough, gritty win. The games the old Saints would always lose, Kamara/defense/ST carried us. MVP of the game after Kamara was Morstead. Teddy didn't stand out, but it's good that he didn't stand out in a bad way either. If we can win in Seattle with him game managing then we can definitely stay afloat til Brees gets back. 

What a change from the days where we'd go 7-9 even with Brees. 

He lucked out hard. It was drizzling rain the whole game so the ball was slippery, but he had multiple throws that should/could of been picked. 

I tried to be optimistic about Teddy, but I've seen enough now to know he sucks. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

He lucked out hard. It was drizzling rain the whole game so the ball was slippery, but he had multiple throws that should/could of been picked. 

Same could be said for Wilson. Saints DBs got gloves on a lot of balls yesterday.

53 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

I tried to be optimistic about Teddy, but I've seen enough now to know he sucks. 

Sucks?!

This is a hot take! 

I don’t think he’s a top tier talent or a guy you build around, but sucks is very harsh considering the poise he showed yesterday.

• Like 1

I think we've done remarkably well thus far. Yesterday's win was massive. Tough conditions, away against a top team. To pull off a win without your starting QB, but also starting LB, WR3, and DT is really impressive.

I don't think Bridgewater is gonna be the guy you can build around, but I think he has enough ability to not blow games. If we can get to the bye week with a 4-4 record, I have enough faith to think we can make it into the playoffs.

I will say this, Kamara is a one of a kind RB. The dude straight up will carry us until Brees is back imo. His ability to be a threat in every facet of the game is really unparalleled. I'll say yesterday was his coming out party. I expect him to really find his groove in the coming weeks until Brees is back. He won't be cheap on his next contract, but he'll be worth it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dome said:

Same could be said for Wilson. Saints DBs got gloves on a lot of balls yesterday.

Sucks?!

This is a hot take! 

I don’t think he’s a top tier talent or a guy you build around, but sucks is very harsh considering the poise he showed yesterday.

Ya, sorry @Dome. I think he's garbage. After watching him live yesterday, nothing about him impressed me. Absolutely nothing. 

He looked so bad. Terrible reads. I don't even think he hit a WR in the first half. He looked panicky on every snap. Did not look calm and collected, like someone surveying, processing, and reacting. He played like a rookie who gets the call and runs that play to the #1 option no matter what. He did hit a few small(ish) windows, but for the most part he wasn't trying to hit tight windows, and when he did try, they weren't even close. (Cook incompletion was probably best throw of the day)

The punt return TD, fumble TD, and Kamara are what saved that game. If the Saints have to lean on Teddy, it's gonna be a L. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

The punt return TD, fumble TD, and Kamara are what saved that game. If the Saints have to lean on Teddy, it's gonna be a L. 

So, like almost every backup in the league Teddy can’t win on his own and needs his team to play well cohesively. 

If you think Teddy sucks after that game, your expectations were simply too high after watching Brees all these years. 

To put it bluntly: I couldn’t disagree more with your assessment. Lol.... He’s one of the best backups in the league and showed it yesterday. 

Edited by Dome

16 minutes ago, Dome said:

So, like almost every backup in the league Teddy can’t win on his own and needs his team to play well cohesively. 

If you think Teddy sucks after that game, your expectations were simply too high after watching Brees all these years. 

To put it bluntly: I couldn’t disagree more with your assessment. Lol.... He’s one of the best backups in the league and showed it yesterday. 

Brees is Brees. I don't expect anyone to be him.

I expected Teddy to be able to read the defense better and react better. He was Captain Checkdown with WRs running free all day. I had a whole suite of Hawks fans seeing the same things I was.

Not sure what he showed exactly Dome. Agree to disagree and hope this is one of those moments you can tell me 6 weeks from now "I told you so" lol.

Yeah his average depth of target is weak. We're not gonna get this lucky every week with fluky touchdowns - eventually he's gonna have to make some real throws, and right now I don't think he can, at least not consistently. For now, all he needs to do is not make mistakes in the winnable games (Tampa, Jacksonville, etc)

58 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

Ya, sorry @Dome. I think he's garbage. After watching him live yesterday, nothing about him impressed me. Absolutely nothing. 

He looked so bad. Terrible reads. I don't even think he hit a WR in the first half. He looked panicky on every snap. Did not look calm and collected, like someone surveying, processing, and reacting. He played like a rookie who gets the call and runs that play to the #1 option no matter what. He did hit a few small(ish) windows, but for the most part he wasn't trying to hit tight windows, and when he did try, they weren't even close. (Cook incompletion was probably best throw of the day)

I think you've been spoiled by Brees :D Because in no world does Teddy suck. He is a very obvious dropoff in talent from Brees, but what QBs in the NFL wouldn't be? Maybe 2 or 3 guys? Teddy is a more than serviceable backup. To say he sucks is ridiculous.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

Brees is Brees. I don't expect anyone to be him.

If Brees has played they exact same game as Teddy, nobody would be calling it a “sucky” game for Brees because 1) no killer mistakes, 2) we won. 

I don’t think this criticism is fair at all to Teddy lol 

I expected Teddy to be able to read the defense better and react better.

Playing the Seattle defense IN Seattle is one of the toughest things to do.

He was Captain Checkdown with WRs running free all day. I had a whole suite of Hawks fans seeing the same things I was.

Brees has turned into Cpt Checkdown against tough opponents at time as well. I’ll wait until I watch the All-22 this week before I comment on Saints WRs running free “all day” but I find it odd that the tv broadcast team wasn’t pointing it out, if it was really that obvious.

Not sure what he showed exactly Dome.

That he can limit mistakes, take what the defense gives him and never let the game get too big for him.

That alone makes him a strong backup, totally ignoring the context of the win.

Edited by Dome

6 minutes ago, Fray32 said:

Yeah his average depth of target is weak. We're not gonna get this lucky every week with fluky touchdowns -

We won’t have to get flukey scores every week.

Just the weeks we travel across the country to play a team who hasn’t lost at home in September in almost a decade :D