BDL 2019 Week 3 - Singapore Sentinels @ Anchorage Wolves

Whicker

Singapore Sentinels @ Anchorage Wolves  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Singapore Sentinels
    • Anchorage Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/26/2019 at 04:00 AM

A close game and I really liked Couselors writeup. I’m not really a fan of the one LB defense but when that one guy is Deion Jones it makes up for it somewhat.

I took the road team in a defensive game. Think Rodgers can get it going a bit better and more consistent then Dalton. It must be noted the lacking rushing presences beside Ingram played a major point in this voters decision.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Because it doesn't exist

Simple math. 

You have 11 players on defense. In cover 2 man you have 5 players in individual coverage and 2 in deep zone. That means one of you're front 5 is either in a deep zone or in individual coverage. You assigned Deion Jones to Fant so that means Kittle is either covered by your SS and you have an OLB in deep zone, or he's covered by an OLB. The fact that you can't explain who covers Kittle and who takes the deep zone in your cover 2 shows that

10 hours ago, Counselor said:

It does exist. They didn’t have an answer for our shifts. We would definitely be taking advantage of that. Change your vote 

I never change my vote. I take the assumption that anything relevant should be pointed out by the opponent. If they don't and I miss something myself, then too bad. We're all relying on human judgment and their imperfections. If I wanted a computer to judge my plan I'd play Nacho's league not BDL. It's not what I'm looking for. 

In your case, considering cover 2 is not the only coverage assignment they run and because you run the ball and because in some passing plays Ingram stays in pass pro I think the case would happen on maybe 10 snaps. Enough to change the outcome of my vote? I have no idea as I would need to re read the entire gameplans. 

I will apologize though as I hold myself to a high standard when I read vote and comment and this I should have seen. Guess I focused too much on your blocking assignments and not enough on Singapore coverage. 

3 hours ago, TedLavie said:

Simple math. 

You have 11 players on defense. In cover 2 man you have 5 players in individual coverage and 2 in deep zone. That means one of you're front 5 is either in a deep zone or in individual coverage. You assigned Deion Jones to Fant so that means Kittle is either covered by your SS and you have an OLB in deep zone, or he's covered by an OLB. The fact that you can't explain who covers Kittle and who takes the deep zone in your cover 2 shows that

I never change my vote. I take the assumption that anything relevant should be pointed out by the opponent. If they don't and I miss something myself, then too bad. We're all relying on human judgment and their imperfections. If I wanted a computer to judge my plan I'd play Nacho's league not BDL. It's not what I'm looking for. 

In your case, considering cover 2 is not the only coverage assignment they run and because you run the ball and because in some passing plays Ingram stays in pass pro I think the case would happen on maybe 10 snaps. Enough to change the outcome of my vote? I have no idea as I would need to re read the entire gameplans. 

I will apologize though as I hold myself to a high standard when I read vote and comment and this I should have seen. Guess I focused too much on your blocking assignments and not enough on Singapore coverage. 

It was a joke if you had been reading the thread you would have caught it

7 hours ago, TedLavie said:

Simple math. 

okay...So I've got 11 players on defense, 6 are on or near the LOS.  Leaving 5 in coverage in this 335 defense.  I've assigned Johnson to cover Kittle in man, how I viewed cover 2 is that there are two players in cover 2.  So basically two are in zone coverage leaving 3 or 4 depending on how he's loading up because I've moving to a 326 when he's loading the field with receivers.  Never said which two players would be manning the two players in cover 2 and maybe I missing the whole cover 2 concept but I thought it was clear that if those mentioned would be in man would not be the ones in cover 2.  So I'll take that ding if I'm misunderstanding cover 2 concept.  I don't recall assigning Jones to Fant, as I believe I used him against Ingram but I've looked at these writeups long enough, but please don't act like I'm intentionally trying to game the system with this "Oh, I got you talk"  Honestly if that's all you've got to ding me on I'll gladly take it.   I understand that not everyone is going to vote the same but enough people voted and I believe primarily due to my game plan and not my line up, if it upsets you this much just change your vote.      

Considering I projected the qb change, pointed out that Ingram is being asked to do too much in bdl, backing this with real numbers and not some blind opinion that we see each week in these game plans.