naptownskinsfan

Which game is this week's GOTW?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which game is this week's GOTW?

• #18 Virginia @ #10 Notre Dame
    • #21 USC @ #17 Washington
    • Other- specify in thread

22 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I’m really not sure that Bama/Clemson are the 1st and 2nd best teams this year. 

Out of the top 5 we've only really seen LSU & Georgia tested. Everyone else is sleepwalking. OSU has looked more impressive against scrubs, but sitting outside the top 4 they have the incentive. 

Edited by Small Town Values

1 minute ago, Cheesehawk said:

Clemson has not looked like the best team in the country. I haven’t been that impressed with them the past couple of weeks. 

The defense has a case. But the offense just looks disjointed & turns the football over too much. Dabo's TO was poor, Clemson D had a massive sack wiped out because of it. 

2 minutes ago, Small Town Values said:

The defense has a case. But the offense just looks disjointed & turns the football over too much. Dabo's TO was poor, Clemson D had a massive sack wiped out because of it. 

The defense is good for sure. But you’re right, they turn the ball over too much. Lawrence has thrown some ugly picks this season. I think it was a good TO. They were outmatched on the left side

Edited by Cheesehawk

1 minute ago, Cheesehawk said:

The defense is good for sure. But you’re right, they turn the ball over too much. Lawrence has thrown some ugly picks this season. 

Yeah, he's definitely getting tested in his 2nd season. The talent is obvious, but he's forced some balls. And, on his worst pick of season against Syracuse - he simply didn't see the defender & threw it right to him 

3 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

The defense is good for sure. But you’re right, they turn the ball over too much. Lawrence has thrown some ugly picks this season. I think it was a good TO. They were outmatched on the left side

My question is if their defensive tackles are good enough when they face the elite teams. ACC play no problem sure but I think this could be an issue down the line. They might need to outscore teams in the playoffs in shootouts

• Like 2