Chris Harris Jr Trade?

bMiller031

54 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Phi has to be on Elway’s call list today.   They need a shutdown CB so badly and Harris walking allows them to net a 2021 comp pick back.  It’s Howie Roseman’s advanced chess comp pick / cap management maneuvering.   The only thing stopping it IMO is Elway bring unwilling to sell.   Which is a huge risk - because in 2 weeks ARI joins the market with P-Pete.  

We aren’t going to get a 1st or sniff Jalen Ramsey’s return but 2-3 teams right now are desperate for CB.   Ari joins the seller crowd it gets buyer friendly.  Come on Elway....don’t get caught napping here.  He got lucky with DT at the deadline last year because HOU lost Fuller and no one else was selling a “name” WR.   This is actually the window to max out return as 12 games a 50% greater impact than at the trade deadline.   Get it done...

Emmanuel and CHJ for a first? A second and a third? Think that's a realistic spot for both players. 

9 minutes ago, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

Emmanuel and CHJ for a first? A second and a third? Think that's a realistic spot for both players. 

Phi is cap strapped and they don’t need WR.   They may want 2 CB’s lol.  CHJ and our 5th (since it’s like a 4th lol) for phi 2nd I’d do in a heartbeat.  

Sanders we move to a contending team when they lose a key WR they can’t replace internally  No need yet.   It will happen soon enough. 

Edited by Broncofan

5 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

I think a 3rd is the ceiling for Harris but it's nice to imagine a team getting desperate and coughing up a 2. 

I think Philly is a logical destination for an overpay for Sanders and harris pick wise.

They are phasing out Aghlor which almost washes the sanders contract. They also might want to move cap around so they can make more moves at the deadline. 

12 million to eat rest of the year might not just be for extensions.

I like the idea of packaging CHJ and Sanders together to PHI for Nelson Agholar and 2020 R2.

PHI upgrades from Agholar to Manny while getting a declinging but borderline elite CB to shore up their secondary. They also save some money by not absorbing both guys and offsetting some of the salary by moving Nelson as well.

We obviously get a R2 pick, but also kick the tires on Agholar who is younger than Manny and could ideally become our long-term slot option resigned on a cheaper deal. I don't think Hamilton is anything more than JAG and nowhere near the talent Agholar is. We know both CHJ and Manny are gone after this year, Nelson could be a long term fit and allow us to check off slot WR in our laundry list of needed positions.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I like the idea of packaging CHJ and Sanders together to PHI for Nelson Agholar and 2020 R2.

This was my thought process for the longest time haha. Aghlor may come at a discount rate on a resign as well due to the starting reps available.  

I'd love a 6th round pick coming back as well or Jordan Maliata in the perfect world. But, very sound idea. 

Get Drew a weapon to throw to for his audition and a round 2 pick can't really ask for much more that's an Elway type deal.

Edited by thebestever6

3 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

PHI upgrades from Agholar to Manny while getting a declinging but borderline elite CB to shore up their secondary. They also save some money by not absorbing both guys and offsetting some of the salary by moving Nelson as well.

We obviously get a R2 pick, but also kick the tires on Agholar who is younger than Manny and could ideally become our long-term slot option resigned on a cheaper deal. I don't think Hamilton is anything more than JAG and nowhere near the talent Agholar is. We know both CHJ and Manny are gone after this year, Nelson could be a long term fit and allow us to check off slot WR in our laundry list of needed positions.

I like the concept - but a huge NO THANKS on Nelson Agholor.   Whoever pays him on his next contract is in for a major disappointment.   

3 problems: 

1.  He doesn’t separate well. 

2.  He’s not sudden or a good route runner like Sanders was entering FA.   

3.   He’s so drop prone.   This shows it best (Hollins and he <number 13> have 5-6X already this year, literally everyone else only 1 each lol): 

I agree after some promise  2H last year Hamilton hasn’t shown he’s a future answer.   But Agholor is a stay away IMO given he’s no longer going to be rookie deal cheap.   Howie Roseman drafting JJ Arcega-Whiteside while extending Alshon Jeffery and bringing in D-Jax tells you all you need to know how they felt he wasn’t worth more than keeping on the rookie level deal.   We shouldn’t be the suckers there.  

Edited by Broncofan

I understand that re Agholar, my main idea for taking him on was:

1) Incentive for Philly. Saves them money and makes them more likely to get us a R2.

2) He is expiring and our season is lost, let him play and see if he fits the system. If he is decent, give him a 4-4.5M AVE type deal (Moncreif / Benjamin / Cobb money)

Likely we just let him play out and then leave. Even with his faults, I like the idea of bringing a vet in and giving Lock a bit more to work with. Moving Manny for only a pick and leaving Lock with Sutton and trash is not fair IMO.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Likely we just let him play out and then leave. Even with his faults, I like the idea of bringing a vet in and giving Lock a bit more to work with. Moving Manny for only a pick and leaving Lock with Sutton and trash is not fair IMO.

Bingo, it's literally a low risk move either he semi figures it out, likes it here, decides being part of a rebuild is worth it there's minimal pressure on him which could surprise. The opportunity for him would be great for a resign on the cheaper side. Or, he sucks and walks you can argue if Aghlor and a second is enough, but the idea really is reasonable. 

I remember Aghlor had a very good year one year. I don't know if that was the pressure cooker championship year or not. I'm not trying to hype up Nelson I could just see him involved in a trade package. 

Edited by thebestever6

2 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I understand that re Agholar, my main idea for taking him on was:

1) Incentive for Philly. Saves them money and makes them more likely to get us a R2.

2) He is expiring and our season is lost, let him play and see if he fits the system. If he is decent, give him a 4-4.5M AVE type deal (Moncreif / Benjamin / Cobb money)

Well if he’s a acquire and collect comp pick it’s better.  I just don’t think he gets much but who knows.  Moncrief somehow got 10M from Jax last season so never know.  

I do see the point about giving Lock a fighting chance though lol. 

If they can't get a 3rd for Sanders, I think I'd rather keep him and give Lock a veteran WR to work with late in the season. He won't be back in 2020 but if the team's serious about evaluating Lock and make future-altering franchise decision based on whatever he shows, tough to give him one WR to throw to. I doubt Winfree is ready to contribute. 

• Like 1