Where do you put Dont'a Hightower?

Hunter2_1

I've always found it quite hard to categorise and rank Hightower. He seems to do a bit of everything at the LB spot (pass rush, drop into coverage, man up, thump etc) but is rarely mentioned in this comparison forum. He's been absolutely key to superbowl victories, so I wonder where you rank him in LBs? And maybe what comparisons you have of him?

I've always thought of Hightower as a Thomas Davis lite. 

A guy that is good in the run game, can get after the quarterback, and drop back into coverage as well. Davis in his prime was better in coverage than Hightower ever has been but from what I have seen they look pretty comparable in the other elements of their games. 

I think of his role in the same way I view guys on offense who are just superb athletes but dont really have a specialty or a niche(i.e. Taysom Hill). Hightower is a hell of a player though and if I'm ever forced to view a Patriots game he is one of the few guys who is always fun to watch.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I've always found it quite hard to categorise and rank Hightower. He seems to do a bit of everything at the LB spot (pass rush, drop into coverage, man up, thump etc) but is rarely mentioned in this comparison forum. He's been absolutely key to superbowl victories, so I wonder where you rank him in LBs? And maybe what comparisons you have of him?

Adalius Thomas