NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

1 minute ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Heat scored 6 points in the 4th quarter tonight.

And two of them were at the end of the game where instead of taking the shot clock violation they took the uncontested layup lol

Edited by 11sanchez11
  • Like 1

Any older fans here who were tuned into NBA in the 90s? I’ve got a question...

Why the hell did the Raptors trade Marcus Camby to the Knicks in 98? Even if you’re too young to remember, I’ll set the stage and maybe someone can solve this.

-1996: Raptors take Marcus Camby w/ the #2 pick following their 1st NBA season.

-Camby averages 15/6/2 blocks as a rookie (17.8 PER). Raptors once again suck. In year 2 Camby averages league leading 3.7 blocks to go along w/ 12 pts 7 boards (15.6 PER). Raptors continue to suck.

-Following the 97-98 season, the Raptors (coming off 3 awful seasons, their only) trade 24 year old Camby to the Knicks for 35 year old Charles Oakley (avg 9 and 9 season prior) and that year’s 2nd round pick, big man Sean Mark.... Essentially, Raptors traded Camby for Oakley.

Camby missed 19 games in each of 1st 2 seasons but nothing serious. No attitude problems as far as I can tell. Even if there were injury and attitude concerns, where does it make sense for the Raptors, an awful team nowhere close to being competitive, doing getting rid of Camby for an inferior, much older, player!?