NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

Just now, beekay414 said:

He's still far better and more impactful than anyone you asked about. 

Is he though? 2 of them play far better defense than him and at least Trae is a really good 3 point shooter in addition to putting up similar numbers a night. I don’t think the gap is far at all until Luka becomes efficient.

Just now, Tyronnosaurus said:

No, I wish our star, who shoots 3s like Rajon Rondo, didn’t shoot 10-11 a night, and I wish I didn’t feel like he was Chuck Hayes at the line every time.

You know why he shoots them right? Same reason my superstar shoots them 6 times a night at low percentage. He does it to keep the defense honest. Doesn't matter if they go in. It makes it easier for him to use his strengths and get inside with the threat of the 3. Luka's the reason you guys are even relevant right now.

Is he though? 2 of them play far better defense than him and at least Trae is a really good 3 point shooter in addition to putting up similar numbers a night. I don’t think the gap is far at all until Luka becomes efficient.

Yes. He's so much more impactful than them it's not even remotely close. Trae Young is empty stats all day. Ja's a rookie and SGA...lol. 

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

That's true but Harden has been the best regular szn offensive player in the NBA for like 4 years. 

Don’t you hate Jim Haren? Or is that someone else?

Sure but majority of Harden’s playoff career (with Houston) is 30-35 points on 37% shooting type numbers and 6-7 turnovers a night.

That’s what I fear Luka will be, but unlike Harden, Luka can’t shoot free throws.

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I think Trae would be pretty easy to make inefficient/ineffective in the playoffs, unless they get a big man that teams won't switch smaller players onto. 

Trae will never sniff the playoffs unless it's as an 8th seed at 37-45 in the East. Empty stats all the way.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

You know why he shoots them right? Same reason my superstar shoots them 6 times a night at low percentage. He does it to keep the defense honest. Doesn't matter if they go in. It makes it easier for him to use his strengths and get inside with the threat of the 3. Luka's the reason you guys are even relevant right now.

The only reason I can honestly think is that he’s not in shape or athletic enough, especially once the 4th quarter comes around, so he settles for that.

At least your star shoots 65% most nights and is al all world defender.

Luka has struck me as a more selfish, stat whore this year, and I absolutely hate it.

Edited by Tyronnosaurus

The only reason I can honestly think is that he’s not in shape or athletic enough, especially once the 4th quarter comes around, so he settles for that.

At least your star shoots 65% most nights and is al all world defender.

My star is also a 6'11" freak that finishes like he's Shaq. I'm just saying, without the ability to keep the defense honest, your strengths will shrink as a primary ball handler. Luka's fine. He's not even 21 yet. Find me another 20 year old that can take up that burden of carrying an entire team.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

My star is also a 6'11" freak that finishes like he's Shaq. I'm just saying, without the ability to keep the defense honest, your strengths will shrink as a primary ball handler. Luka's fine. He's not even 21 yet. Find me another 20 year old that can take up that burden of carrying an entire team.

Maybe. But he thinks he’s Steph and he couldn’t be further. He’ll have 5-8 nights from 3 but that almost always turns into 2-10, 4-13, 2-9 performances the next game.

1 minute ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Maybe. But he thinks he’s Steph and he couldn’t be further. He’ll have 5-8 nights from 3 but that almost always turns into 2-10, 4-13, 2-9 performances the next game.

And he keeps the defense honest the entire time. That's all that matters.