NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

I agree with everything @Tyronnosaurus has said about Luka's game. To a point. At 20 he should still get better at FTs. Still would take him over Ja and Trae. But there is so much over hyping this young man that I do think his actual value has become no where near as much as the bandwagoners seem to think. 

Edited by resilient part 2

12 hours ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

The only reason I can honestly think is that he’s not in shape or athletic enough, especially once the 4th quarter comes around, so he settles for that.

At least your star shoots 65% most nights and is al all world defender.

Luka has struck me as a more selfish, stat whore this year, and I absolutely hate it.

feel the same.. why does Trae Young who gets similar stats get noted as a "stat whore" by some and not Luka?? because Luka is on a better team? Luka and Trae probably touch -dribble the ball and use up more clock than anyone and maybe more than James Harden himself.. 

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Was looking at this, and forgot to respond.  During the Jazz 10 game win streak, they're averaging 12.4 point differential in their victories.  The Lakers are averaging 15.2 point differential in their 9 game win streak.

The two best teams in the Western Conference. I feel good about how we matchup with anyone in the West other than the Lakers. 

A player's real value to winning isn't what freakin offensive numbers they put up, but rather what their team does when they are NOT playing. True impact is made both on offense and on defense. But no one talks about defense. WHY? because most fans only follow fantasy stats... It is easier I guess. But how bad Boston played tonight is a joke. And the Impact of not having Tatum tonight shows that. Boston didn't only give up their season worst FG% to Detroit this year, but it was the worst (at home at least) since 2006 >:(>:(>:(>:(

This wasn't the GS Warriors of the last few years or even another good team, BUT The freakin Pistons!!! without Griffin!!! And they shot 25 for 33 (80+%) with their frontcourt without Tatum. WTF? Now you see why Tatum is at or top 5 in the NBA in point differential, because individual and team defense matters!

And before someone states it was one game, Boston, in the last 3 games without Tatum going back 2 seasons have lost their games by an average of 20+ points. 

But despite Boston not having Tatum, to get blown out at home to that team is a freakin Joke. 

5 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

A player's real value to winning isn't what freakin offensive numbers they put up, but rather what their team does when they are NOT playing. True impact is made both on offense and on defense. But no one talks about defense. WHY? because most fans only follow fantasy stats... It is easier I guess. But how bad Boston played tonight is a joke. And the Impact of not having Tatum tonight shows that. Boston didn't only give up their season worst FG% to Detroit this year, but it was the worst (at home at least) since 2006

So...somehow by this logic Anthony Davis must not be very valuable because they've won all their games without him?  Stop taking the persecution complex here.

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

So...somehow by this logic Anthony Davis must not be very valuable because they've won all their games without him?  Stop taking the persecution complex here.

NO the LAL are just so good and talented, that they don't need him much for the regular season. Doesn't mean AD (in my top 5) isn't a great player. They just need AD to beat teams like the LAC and MIL when the playoffs start. 

Bad comparison Bro.

NOT to mention LAL has 2 centers better than anyone Boston has now. So they have no problem getting by without AD. and they are proving that