GDT[Week 5]: Dallas Cowboys Vs. Green Bay Packers

canadaluvsdallas

1 minute ago, resilient part 2 said:

Sorry but this is part of being Dallas Cowboy Nation does anyone else really lose in quite this type of fashion, with some ups and unbelievable Downs. I don't know how anyone can actually analyze this team anymore

Lots of talent poor discipline and very inconsistent. A lot of this goes back to coaching. 

When things let loose a bit and was talent vs talent this offense looked explosive. 

Defense cant stop the run to save their lives. Absolutely no push up front or even ability to hold up to blocks to allow LB’s to make plays. Lb’s Don’t look good, but it’s hard to make plays when you’re on you heels and have 300 pound lineman coming downhill on you and rb’s being fired out of wide open holes. Please can we get a true Nose Tackle!

This team can't handle sustained prosperity well especially after that 3-0 start.

Very concerning. Even last year we had to fight back from a 2-7 start? It really says something about the coaching staff if thats what it takes to get our team emotionally, mentally and physically prepared.

This comeback or even if you waana call it that did nothing for me to change my mind about Jason Garrett. I don't think we'll go anywhere this year just because he never gets his team prepared for big games.

Total team loss.  Dak had a very poor game and our OL did not help matters much.  But the defense continues to be the biggest disappointment.  I really expected much more than that unit has provided.  They might as well have not been on the field most of the game.

Yet another game against a good team where we look like crap.  This is exactly why I did not get my hopes up too much after that 3-0 start.  And it will always be that way until we can our fraud of a HC.  If our season does end up going sideways, seeing Garrett canned would be a silver lining.

And Maher sucks still.

Just now, roysmyboy31 said:

Total team loss.  Dak had a very poor game and our OL did not help matters much.  But the defense continues to be the biggest disappointment.  I really expected much more than that unit has provided.  They might as well have not been on the field most of the game.

Yet another game against a good team where we look like crap.  This is exactly why I did not get my hopes up too much after that 3-0 start.  And it will always be that way until we can our fraud of a HC.  If our season does end up going sideways, seeing Garrett canned would be a silver lining.

And Maher sucks still.

I think he'll get canned even if we make the playoffs.

The thing about play calling that annoys me in this forum, is there is no magical play call that makes a player execute. There is no special pep talk that overcomes talent discrepancies. 

Garrett cant catch for Cooper. 

Moore cant block for Dak. 

Marinelli cant hold the point of attack for whatever scrubs at DT we have out there. 

All the yelling in the world from Richard, wont help LVE tackle a RB. 

These dudes are NFL vets. That means theyve been taught how to block, tackle, throw, catch, cover and run for the past 20ish years of their lives.

Blaming the coaching is lazy *today*, because our game plan seemed solid. Guys were open on offense. Guys were in position in defense. 

Blocking and tackling. The basis of football. We suck at both. 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The thing about play calling that annoys me in this forum, is there is no magical play call that makes a player execute. There is no special pep talk that overcomes talent discrepancies. 

Marinelli cant hold the point of attack for whatever scrubs at DT we have out there. 

These dudes are NFL vets. That means theyve been taught how to block, tackle, throw, catch, cover and run for the past 20ish years of their lives.

Blaming the coaching is lazy *today*, because our game plan seemed solid. Guys were open on offense. Guys were in position in defense. 

Ok , even if all your examples are 100% accurate, the only person on Dallas who has been here for the last 10 or so is Garrett. How long can we say that it's the players not tackling, executing, not catching etc.. This has been a constant for too many years. Jason Garrett, like almost every coach also needs accountability as well and Probably more than any SINGLE player on Dallas. 

2 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Ok , even if all your examples are 100% accurate, the only person on Dallas who has been here for the last 10 or so is Garrett. How long can we say that it's the players not tackling, executing, not catching etc.. This has been a constant for too many years. Jason Garrett, like almost every coach also needs accountability as well and Probably more than any SINGLE player on Dallas. 

Sure. Garrett has to do better and he needs to do it this year. Otherwise fire him. 

My only point is that the default mode is for fans to blame coaching. And they do it with an extreme lack of information. 

Players have to execute. Bottom line. 

Edited by Matts4313

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Sure. Garrett has to do better and he needs to do it this year. Otherwise fire him. 

My only point is that the default mode is for fans to blame coaching. And they do it with an extreme lack of information. 

Not sure this is true on here. Seems posters have blamed everyone at every position, some more than others (see Dak) but venom on here is spewed for all IMO.

22 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Matts can't make Dak a Top 5 QB no matter how hard he pumps his tires

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The thing is though great coaches find ways to hide or at least minimize the negative effects of glaring weaknesses either by gameplans, schemes, or roster moves. Our coaching staff struggles with that. 

Players didn’t help by poor execution for first three quarters, but some of this loss as well as majority of last weeks loss is on them.