2019 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

On 4/12/2020 at 6:28 PM, BullsandBroncos said:

Hopefully with this going on, Verdugo will be able to heal up and join the lineup. Not much to look forward to this year. We didn't address our weakness at all. Bogie, Devers, and Martinez's games will be what we ride to wins. Eddie and Nasty Nate are all we have in the rotation. Nate won't make it to 10 games.

Word is Verdugo is 100%. That back issue really lingered for a long time, hopefully it isn't chronic. I traded for him in my fantasy league before last season and until he got hurt he was very solid, not spectacular, but very solid, should be a plus .300 hitter with 20 homers in Boston. He also has a ++ arm in right field and can handle all OF positions. Probably won't produce many steals, but a very capable top third of the order type hitter. 

2 minutes ago, kwolf68 said:

Word is Verdugo is 100%. That back issue really lingered for a long time, hopefully it isn't chronic. I traded for him in my fantasy league before last season and until he got hurt he was very solid, not spectacular, but very solid, should be a plus .300 hitter with 20 homers in Boston. He also has a ++ arm in right field and can handle all OF positions. Probably won't produce many steals, but a very capable top third of the order type hitter. 

Probably will be top 5. Can't see him taking lead off from Benny or being over Bogie, Devers, or J.D. Very solid top of the order in Boston. Too bad we only have 1 pitcher that will be above .500

Edited by BullsandBroncos

16 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Probably will be top 5. Can't see him taking lead off from Benny or being over Bogie, Devers, or J.D. Very solid top of the order in Boston. Too bad we only have 1 pitcher that will be above .500

Almost certain Verdugo should work his way somewhere into the top of the order. A lineup of Benny, Bogie, Devers and JD is 3 straight right handed hitters. I would think, as long as the hitter is good enough, they would want more balance, at least against righties. Not that I would over think moving talented guys like that down, putting Verdugo somewhere in the middle there mixes it up some to augment the possibility of a righty-tough pitcher. 

While I still question how much power Verdugo will ever produce his hit tool is elite, he walks, is tough to strike out and can do work against lefties or righties. If there was more power/speed combination there he'd be bordering on superstar status, but I am only seeing 20 homers/10 steal type output, which if the guy is hitting .300 playing good defense is surely playable. 

Edited by kwolf68

On 5/18/2020 at 9:41 PM, redsoxsuck05 said:

Starling Marte's wife broke her ankle and died of a heart attack...speechless

Brutal. Absolutely brutal.

This is always my quiet fear as a paramedic. Something that 99.9999% of the time isn't serious takes a bad turn and becomes serious. My guess is that a piece of bone broke off, ended up in a vein, and blocked blood flow. 

• 2 weeks later...