Halloween is Stupid

MKnight82

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Over Thanksgiving? 

Easily. 

Obviously it depends where you are from and what you make. But in Hispanic households you make tamales, menudo, pazole, etc around Christmas/for holiday parties. And it's not just one day, it might be over a couple weeks. Which is way better than traditional Thanksgiving foods. 

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

This is one of the dumbest things you've ever posted on this forum, and you've made a lot of Dak Prescott posts.  

Richmond, VA Seattle, WA United States
 Rainfall 44.3 38 38.1
 Snowfall 11 4.6 27.8
 Precipitation Days 112 155.3 106.2
 Sunny 210 152 205
 Avg. July High 89.7 75.8 85.8
 Avg. Jan. Low 27.6 37 21.7
 Comfort Index (higher=better) 7.3 7.5 7
 UV Index 4.3 2.6 4.3
 Elevation ft. 210 177

TIL that Seattle is a southern city. I mean look at that weather!

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Easily. 

Obviously it depends where you are from and what you make. But in Hispanic households you make tamales, menudo, pazole, etc around Christmas/for holiday parties. And it's not just one day, it might be over a couple weeks. Which is way better than traditional Thanksgiving foods. 

See for us the traditional food at Christmas is a ham, which I don't really like ham.  I prefer turkey.  

18 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Richmond, VA Seattle, WA United States
 Rainfall 44.3 38 38.1
 Snowfall 11 4.6 27.8
 Precipitation Days 112 155.3 106.2
 Sunny 210 152 205
 Avg. July High 89.7 75.8 85.8
 Avg. Jan. Low 27.6 37 21.7
 Comfort Index (higher=better) 7.3 7.5 7
 UV Index 4.3 2.6 4.3
 Elevation ft. 210 177

TIL that Seattle is a southern city. I mean look at that weather!

Seattle is probably the strangest weather city in America.   

30 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Sounds terrible.

Best part of Christmas is the food. Best food holiday. 

29 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Over Thanksgiving? 

Yeah, it kinda depends.  I make a ham for Christmas every year, which is better than turkey (largely because I'm cooking it), but both holidays have dressing, pumpkin pie, deviled eggs, etc.  They're pretty much the same food holidays except for minor differences in how each household does it.

Thanksgiving is better because it's just food and football.  Don't have to deal with the whole gift exchange thing, and everyone hasn't been driven insane by their families yet.

Plus, my parents split off from their extended families for Thanksgiving a few years ago.  Makes the holiday so much better.  I mean, I like most of my dad's extended family, but it's a hassle, and with politics recently, it's gotten harder to get through a meal.

23 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I'm sure this opinion will be unpopular, but I do not understand why people enjoy Halloween.  Let me start off by saying I did not participate in Halloween as a child because my parents are super religious, so there's no nostalgia factor for me.  I am not religious, and I've done the Halloween party thing ever since I moved out of my parents house 18 years ago.  But I don't get it.  I don't enjoy a single second of Halloween.  

1.  I have no interest in putting a costume together.  IMO its a waste of time and money.  I guess some people enjoy dressing up and putting a costume together, I just have no interest.  

2.  The decorations are stupid.  Yay you put some fake spider webs up and a pumpkin that'll rot in a week.  Newsflash, nothing you're putting on your house looks "scary".  It looks fake and lame.  

3.  Most of the kids that go trick or treating are *****.  I will say that early on when the real young kids are out (usually when the sun is still out) and they are with their parents it is the only tolerable part of the evening to hand out candy.  But once it elevates to the pre-teens, they are all d-bags.  They're obnoxious, rude and are all trying to grab and steal as much candy from you as possible.  The whole concept that I have to spend all this money to give candy to these d-bags is awful.  

I do enjoy scary movies, and there have been some solid ones built around the Halloween concept which would be the only positive I get from the holiday.  But honestly I would be perfectly fine skipping this holiday every year.  

We need a dislike button here.

Halloween is great if you have kids.