Birds of Prey

Ozzy

3 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Mission....accomplished?  :/

*shrugs* its a tone they've never tried so Im willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. Even Suicide Squad tried to be up its own pooper. This seems unabashedly bananas which means it will either really work or really wont. Willing to give most things a shot though, I realize I am in the minority there lol

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

*shrugs* its a tone they've never tried so Im willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. Even Suicide Squad tried to be up its own pooper. This seems unabashedly bananas which means it will either really work or really wont. Willing to give most things a shot though, I realize I am in the minority there lol

If I didnt loathe what WB is doing with the entire DC universe, I might trust them to do something different.   

2 hours ago, TENINCH said:

I just enjoy looking at Margot Robbie so I'll probably go see it and that other movie she was in with Nicole Kidman.

I enjoy looking at her too, but that didnt make Suicide Squad suck less.

4 hours ago, TENINCH said:

It didn't but she was the only good part.

I didnt think she was great.  Just okay.  She had the look down, but I actually thought she was cringeworthy at times.  Alot of it probably had to do with writing and direction, but nothing about Birds of Prey makes me think its going to be any better.   

• Like 1

18 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

less likely than something THAT uncouth being the main plot of an entire film? of a Comic Book movie? (even R rated) being put out by Warner Brothers? And it getting through every level of script rewrites, every level of the studio?

That feels highly implausible as well

In 2020? Honestly, yeah...which is sad.

On 1/9/2020 at 3:06 PM, StLunatic88 said:

less likely than something THAT uncouth being the main plot of an entire film? of a Comic Book movie? (even R rated) being put out by Warner Brothers? And it getting through every level of script rewrites, every level of the studio?

That feels highly implausible as well

I mean, this IS the same studio that thought the "Martha" moment in BvS was a good idea, so I wouldn't put anything past WB, not even that.

• 4 weeks later...