The Great Amnesia-ing Is Nigh: Kumbaya

Mind Character

17 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Lol. Thanks for your kind words regarding how meaningful and clear of point this thread is.

You'll definitely be riding that Amnesia Wave in no time living the dream if you think beating 4 of the soon to be top 5 picking teams in the draft Steelers x2; Dolphins; Arizona; Bengals x2 is "getting our collective sh**t" together.

I bid thee a merry and blissful ride.

The wild part in all of your recent posts for me is how “against” Freddie you seem to be after a 2-3 start while remembering back to your unwavering support for a 1-31 Hue Jackson.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The wild part in all of your recent posts for me is how “against” Freddie you seem to be after a 2-3 start while remembering back to your unwavering support for a 1-31 Hue Jackson.

He's on the right side this time. Plz don't derail him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Jesus Christ it’s 5 games in and we’re 2-3 and you schmucks are calling for heads.

Browns fans truly don’t deserve a winner.

I would argue we don't deserve a winner because guys in here thought the first sign of a positive culture developing was an instant trip to the SuperBowl. You're all just as reactionary as we are, but it's in the wrong direction.

Being positive about those first 5 games serves up nothing and only serves to dampen spirits harder when things eventually don't work out. I'll happily eat crow if wrong, but we speculate about everything in this forum. Myself and a few others are speculating that things will not be good. Just because our thoughts aren't in line with yours doesn't make our concerns any less valid. 

2 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

I would argue we don't deserve a winner because guys in here thought the first sign of a positive culture developing was an instant trip to the SuperBowl. You're all just as reactionary as we are, but it's in the wrong direction.

I don’t think many here thought Super Bowl.  Perhaps in jest, but I think most folks clearly saw the Chiefs and Pats as frontrunners.

Being positive about those first 5 games serves up nothing and only serves to dampen spirits harder when things eventually don't work out.

It’s not about being positive or negative, but rather just wait and see.  Maybe this season isn’t great or awful, but rather an 8-8 typemod year with some growing pains with a second year QB and a rookie HC.  Is that so awful?

I'll happily eat crow if wrong, but we speculate about everything in this forum. Myself and a few others are speculating that things will not be good. Just because our thoughts aren't in line with yours doesn't make our concerns any less valid. 

I’m not saying your concerns are invalid, I’m saying feeling any sorta way after 5 games is premature.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Being positive about those first 5 games serves up nothing and only serves to dampen spirits harder when things eventually don't work out. I'll happily eat crow if wrong, but we speculate about everything in this forum. Myself and a few others are speculating that things will not be good. Just because our thoughts aren't in line with yours doesn't make our concerns any less valid. 

Na but it sure is a bummer to be around y’all 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s not about being positive or negative, but rather just wait and see.  Maybe this season isn’t great or awful, but rather an 8-8 typemod year with some growing pains with a second year QB and a rookie HC.  Is that so awful?

Let me preface this with "I agree 100%" and I'm sure that we're on the same page, but here's my honesty on the matter:

*I don't care if we go 7-9 or 8-8 as long as I see competitive losses, a PROGRESSION OF BAKER INSTEAD OF A REGRESSION, and vast improvement offensively, specifically in QB play, play calling, scheme, and hopefully even some OL issues.

An 8-8 season with a "meh" result in those areas is an abject failure IMO.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Jesus Christ it’s 5 games in and we’re 2-3 and you schmucks are calling for heads.

Browns fans truly don’t deserve a winner.

Its the Madden mentality.....folks think you can just plug and play any player and the team automatically becomes better.

They have a bunch of coaches that have never coached together before.....coming together under a first year HC......

And also remember Brother.....were the team that ran Bill Belicheck (#3) AND Paul Brown (#1) out of town.....that's TWO of the Best top 3 Coaches in the History of the NFL (Lombardi #2)

and now for more Delicious BBQ......remember people...Low and Slow....

bbq-pork-shoulder-04.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

2-3 Scoreboard doesn't really matter as the Jets with Trevor Siemian and under-prepared Luke Faulk are what they are. Ravens win was quality though and credit should be given for that.

Blow-out loses don't happen to talented teams in the NFL. It's rare. The blowout lay down loses mostly happen to the worst talent teams in the league that are over-matched. When it happens to teams with talent and vets multiple times it's a real problem.

I never had unwavering support for Hue Jackson the entity per se but instead it was the HC in the context of the team surrounding him that made me constantly wary of making assessments of the coaching quality from game 1 and beyond. I thought there were just criticisms (and voiced them) and incessant unjust criticisms (and voiced my disagreement with them constantly).

Let's not rehash what I believe my arguments central point was during the Hue Jackson era vs. what they were interpreted to be by those that read them. (Rehash: Historically Talentless and Young with Rookie Starting QBs team made it difficult to evaluate quality of HC and until such a time as we had talent a true diagnostic assessment of the HC was not possible).

Point is, the talent on this team and the displayed utilization of such talents (using Demetrius Harris to block Bosa; no quick hitter slants or quick game for Baker to get him in rhythm; 4th and 9 calls; redzone calls same formation no runs, etc) simply just allow for an easier read on what Freddie is and isn't.

Of course, I don't believe anything is set in stone with Freddie as a HC/OC-HC because it is early in the season and there is a learning curve at HC.

However, not having Cam Erving, Austin Pazstor, Bryce Treggs, Kasen Williams, Cody Kessler, Deshone Kizer out there on the field makes the evaluation of coaching at this early stage of the season more meaningful and more diagnostic imo.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 2