GDT: Titans at Broncos

titans0021

3 minutes ago, Kookie23 said:

And I'm sure Burrow will be completely immune to all the problems every other QB unlucky to be here experienced as well

this is just weird fatalism. there isn't some curse on offense in tennessee, as much as it feels like it. hire good coaches, get good results.

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

this is just weird fatalism. there isn't some curse on offense in tennessee, as much as it feels like it. hire good coaches, get good results.

We actually have hired good offensive coaches.

It still hasn't mattered.

Is there a curse? Obviously not, that's stupid.

But there is something really wrong with the offensive culture here.

4 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Don’t know about that.... If you’re referring to Whisenhunt, we hired him as a HC which he clearly isn’t and I still don’t think he’s some great offensive coach. Hasn’t developed a QB at all. Rivers and Warner made his career. The best offensive coach we’ve ever had was Dinger.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

3 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

i mean, whiz was a good OC but we had multiple cardinals fans in here literally like the day he was hired explaining why he's a terrible HC and they were right on nearly every account. i was being glib about hiring from the reid tree obv- you can certainly hire a guy who's had good offenses and he'll still make a terrible HC for one reason or another. lafleur was a first-time play caller and not really a come in and take charge kinda guy. the right coach can and will change this culture- ultimately we've just had bad luck with the people we've hired.

Just now, ttitansfan4life said:

Don’t know about that.... If you’re referring to Whisenhunt, we hired him as a HC which he clearly isn’t and I still don’t think he’s some great offensive coach. Hasn’t developed a QB at all. Rivers and Warner made his career.

He developed Ben.

And I was counting LaFleur as well. LaFleur obviously wasn't the problem here.

12 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Yeah!

Hiring an offensive genius in Whisenhunt and from the McVay/Shanahan tree worked out, so the Reid tree must as well.

Whiz was good as a OC failed to protect mariota & create a run game but marcus looked good as a Passer DGB for a rookie WR.. all the other guys sucked because we hired guys who worked under great Offensive minds, but never called plays.

14 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Eh...but that's not the vibe before. He was the main thing discussed through all the struggles.

"Get rid of the ball."
"Taking sacks."
"Throw it downfield"
"Missing WRs"

Yes people were acknowledging some of the other faults but mainly targeting Marcus as the reason.

King titan I think your mariota sensitive here. Yes we get on mariota despite our OC short comings as a play caller, but all these things you’ve just listed are things marcus can’t do as a game manager. It’s been stated by a lot of people the organization has failed mariota, drafting a corvette & using him like a pickup truck as some have put it.. Marcus mariota could’ve been Alex Smith at best, Alex had a coaching staff that didn’t play to his strengths but guess what he still was a good game manager 

15 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

King titan I think your mariota sensitive here. Yes we get on mariota despite our OC short comings as a play caller, but all these things you’ve just listed are things marcus can’t do as a game manager. It’s been stated by a lot of people the organization has failed mariota, drafting a corvette & using him like a pickup truck as some have put it.. Marcus mariota could’ve been Alex Smith at best, Alex had a coaching staff that didn’t play to his strengths but guess what he still was a good game manager 

I'm not Mariota sensitive. I just think it's funny.  And I'm not one that's forgetting how almost ALL the conversation centered around how bad the QB was and how his play was holding this team back. I'm not one to go back and quote or bump old posts, because most are made from emotional places, but you and anyone else would be totally lying if you say that people didn't think Marcus was the main problem with the offense. 
Thinking that half the sacks were his fault.  Thinking that he was holding the ball too long. That he was too hesitant. Gun shy. Staring at the rush, failing to give WRs a chance.  And you know what most that proved to be right and which is why he was benched. 

People said "all we need is a game manager, with this defense and we could be 4-1."  Change the QB!

I said weeks ago, I'd give Marcus specifically and this offense until week 6 before I make my declarations. And well. here we are and I'm declaring Marcus not worthy of being our starter. Just because I didn't do it after a Week 2 incomplete pass doesn't make me wrong or even right. 

It's Titans above everyone. Marcus, Vrabel, Eddie, I don't care. Lol I've mentally moved on from Marcus and I'm at total peace and not sensitive about it at all. 
If you were on the Marcus will fail side when the season started. You won.
If you were on the Tannehill will start this season... You won.
"You" being not you TitanRedd, but a symbolic you to the forum.

So if anyone wants to go back to "Marcus It's time" thread to beat their chest, go for it. You ended up being right. 

But I'm not sensitive about Marcus, let's kill that there. I'm sensitive about my Titans and even that sensitivity is lessening. Marcus didn't get it done this season and has earned where he is right now. 

But this forum, Titans Twitter or wherever has talked 90% about how bad the QB position has been and how just about anyone but Marcus gives the team a better chance. If that was spoken from emotion then so be it, but that was the vibe. 

:)

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'm not Mariota sensitive. I just think it's funny.  And I'm not one that's forgetting how almost ALL the conversation centered around how bad the QB was and how his play was holding this team back. I'm not one to go back and quote or bump old posts, because most are made from emotional places, but you and anyone else would be totally lying if you say that people didn't think Marcus was the main problem with the offense. 
Thinking that half the sacks were his fault.  Thinking that he was holding the ball too long. That he was too hesitant. Gun shy. Staring at the rush, failing to give WRs a chance.  And you know what most that proved to be right and which is why he was benched. 

People said "all we need is a game manager, with this defense and we could be 4-1."  Change the QB!

I said weeks ago, I'd give Marcus specifically and this offense until week 6 before I make my declarations. And well. here we are and I'm declaring Marcus not worthy of being our starter. Just because I didn't do it after a Week 2 incomplete pass doesn't make me wrong or even right. 

It's Titans above everyone. Marcus, Vrabel, Eddie, I don't care. Lol I've mentally moved on from Marcus and I'm at total peace and not sensitive about it at all. 
If you were on the Marcus will fail side when the season started. You won.
If you were on the Tannehill will start this season... You won.
"You" being not you TitanRedd, but a symbolic you to the forum.

So if anyone wants to go back to "Marcus It's time" thread to beat their chest, go for it. You ended up being right. 

But I'm not sensitive about Marcus, let's kill that there. I'm sensitive about my Titans and even that sensitivity is lessening. Marcus didn't get it done this season and has earned where he is right now. 

But this forum, Titans Twitter or wherever has talked 90% about how bad the QB position has been and how just about anyone but Marcus gives the team a better chance. If that was spoken from emotion then so be it, but that was the vibe. 

:)

Speaking for myself & you can go back & check my posts I’ve always stated the Titans failed mariota & didn’t build to his strengths, I’ve stated from the time Robinson instead of spending money on Big FA WR electing to draft weapons that would happen to develop in the mist of you asking your franchise QB to improve as a passer was backwards. I’ve said at best marcus could become an Alex Smith a efficient game manager & that’s cool because you don’t need elite franchise QB’s to win Super Bowl. I’ve been critical of marcus & the offensive staff as a hold. & when the plays are there marcus don’t see them because he’s damaged goods because of the titans 

• Like 1

The offensive line is an abomination and the coaching isn’t much better.

The QB situation ain’t pretty, but it’s not as bad as this s*** show makes it seem. With a defense as good as ours, either of these dudes, neither of whom I’m very high on, should be good enough to win with. 

Vrabel better get it figured out or he will be s*** canned sooner than later. The defense is only gonna hold up fo so long. 

Just now, TitanRedd said:

Speaking for myself & you can go back & check my posts I’ve always stated the Titans failed mariota & didn’t build to his strengths, I’ve stated from the time Robinson instead of spending money on Big FA WR electing to draft weapons that would happen to develop in the mist of you asking your franchise QB to improve as a passer was backwards. I’ve said at best marcus could become an Alex Smith a efficient game manager & that’s cool because you don’t need elite franchise QB’s to win Super Bowl. I’ve been critical of marcus & the offensive staff as a hold. & when the plays are there marcus don’t see them because he’s damaged goods because of the titans 

Yeah. I think we could have gotten better production (what that looks like will never be known) if we built an offense designed for him. Not saying he would have been elite, but we might seen a version closer to the 2nd year.

Oh well though. Ship has sailed. Franchise didn't hit on the #2 pick. He helped get us from the bottom of the league to 9-7, but that is as far as he can take us. 

At least he won't miss a game due to injury...lol

• Like 1