The Jets about to go on a run starting with an upset over Patriots!

thebestever6

Just now, Hunter2_1 said:
3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Guess I'll create the week 10 matchup then, this way I can be that person. I guaranteed the Patriots won't win! 

...is that Phillie? If so, I also guarantee it. I guarantee it more :P

No Philly is the week after.

11 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Just for the sheer comedy of it, anyone have the Patriots record vs the AFCE in the Belicheck/Brady Era the past two decades?

What absurd number is it?

Very slightly better than their record vs the rest of the league.

84-21 vs AFCE (.800)

129-39 vs the rest (.768)

30-10 in the play-offs (.750)

And that's with playing a first place schedule every year - so big part of the .768 is playing against the Colts and Steelers. In fact there are four divisions which the Pats have a better record against than their own - the AFCS, AFCN, NFCE and NFCN.

The rest of the league should be happy they're in the AFCE, to be honest, losses @Miami have cost the Pats homefield on three separate occaisions. If not for the Fish the Patriots could have made the Supebowl at least twice more (2013 and 2015).

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SBLIII said:
9 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Guess I'll create the week 10 matchup then, this way I can be that person. I guaranteed the Patriots won't win! 

week 10 is a bye week for us though. :D

My team is undefeated against the Patriots,  so I guarantee you won't win. Once again it's the only week of the season where a stupid thread making such a claim can be made. Title is already que'd up ready to roll.

The Bye Week about to go on a run starting with an upset over Patriots!

5 hours ago, ConnPatFan said:
10 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

So almost a 5-1 record on average for 18 years, Gotcha!🍺

Not sure an exactly 4 to 1 record counts as “almost 5 to 1”

Well since you technically play 6 games a year vs the AFCE that too is incorrect. You're more then welcome to post the decimal version of the actual record if you'd like since your smart A$$ response is missing an entire game per season, by all means? 

5 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

Very slightly better than their record vs the rest of the league.

84-21 vs AFCE (.800)

129-39 vs the rest (.768)

30-10 in the play-offs (.750)

And that's with playing a first place schedule every year - so big part of the .768 is playing against the Colts and Steelers. In fact there are four divisions which the Pats have a better record against than their own - the AFCS, AFCN, NFCE and NFCN.

The rest of the league should be happy they're in the AFCE, to be honest, losses @Miami have cost the Pats homefield on three separate occaisions. If not for the Fish the Patriots could have made the Supebowl at least twice more (2013 and 2015).

Don't forget, the Jets also beat them in the playoffs. 

The reality is the Pats would be dominant in any division. Keep in mind that BB spends more time scouting the AFCE and sees those teams year in and year out.

As you noted, they've had more success against 4 other divisions. This thing that they feast on the AFC East is silly. They feast on everyone. Only the Giants can actually say they compete against the Pats at the highest level. For a long time, the Pats would always get matched up on primetime with teams like the Colts, Ravens, and Steelers. They've been a dominant team. 

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 1

Ok... so I think this will be the last one. 

So, for anyone thinking of starting a The Browns about to go on a run starting with an upset over Patriots! thread? It'll get locked. 

It's funny, I'll say that - but let's talk about runs AFTER somebody beats NE.

Thanks, boys and girls!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

Ok... so I think this will be the last one. 

So, for anyone thinking of starting a The Browns about to go on a run starting with an upset over Patriots! thread? It'll get locked. 

It's funny, I'll say that - but let's talk about runs AFTER somebody beats NE.

Thanks, boys and girls!

Daaaang.... the party has been crashed. 

Cant find my keys or my chick... can someone give me a ride or call me an uber.

• Like 2