2019-2020 NCAAB Discussion Thread 1.0: March Madness Canceled

NYRaider

2 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

True, but have any of those 1 road/neutral win teams had the resume of Rutgers? They are a very unique case, an it's not like they are out there getting killed on the road, almost every loss came down to the final minutes. I think they'll end up getting in regardless if I had to guess, but they definitely need to beat Purdue or win a tourney game to actually be comfortable on selection Sunday, because being a fairly unprecedented case, it's ultimately anyone's guess what committee would do.

Yeah I doubt there’s ever been a team with a resume like them. But if they don’t win another game they’d be 1-12 in those games and I wonder how much it’d factor in. 

Edited by Blazer026

On 3/6/2020 at 1:32 PM, candyman93 said:

I think a Big 10 team finally wins it all. I just don’t know which one.

You can make an argument for Maryland, Sparty, OSU, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Penn State.

Efficiency margins favor Sparty.

https://mobile.twitter.com/umhoops/status/1235767556323106816/photo/1

Not gonna be Maryland. We traditionally play our worst ball in March - as evidenced by yet another late season collapse we’ve seen these past few games

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Not gonna be Maryland. We traditionally play our worst ball in March - as evidenced by yet another late season collapse we’ve seen these past few games

Holtmann is a beast in the tournament. He’s never lost in the 1st round of the tournament. That’s including his time with Butler.

Sparty is dangerous.

Edited by candyman93

The 2 seed race is going to be intense. SDSU/Dayton have 1 spot locked up, but then you have Creighton, Seton Hall, Nova, MSU, Maryland, FSU, Duke, Louisville and Kentucky battling it out for the other 3 spots. Most of those teams have fairly simple path to getting a 2 seed IMO, win your tourney (or just reach the final if it's on selection sunday).

Of the above teams... I'd say the Big east winner, B1G winner, and ACC winner would get the last 3 spots, in that order. Kentucky would need to win SEC and hope an underdog wins one of those aforementioned 3 tournaments, as they can really only pick up 1 good win along the way. Implications of winning BE/B1G/ACC means you went through probably 3 tourney teams, and 2 really good teams. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cheesehawk said:

a lot of fire in this Iowa-Illinois game. 

Carried over from all the post game beef from the last match up. Gonna be a great 2nd half

man I hope someone saw this post and drove them to turn that game on. fantastic. Hawks just miss out on capping a 16 point comeback. Dosunmu is nice

Illinois' offensive rebounds killed us

Edited by Cheesehawk