MKE Bucks Thread | Griffin ousted as HC after 43 games; Glenn takes over...no, not that one.

beekay414

On 10/24/2017 at 2:22 AM, bkobow05 said:

I would love to figure out how to get Kyle O'Quinn on this team...he's exactly what we need at the 5 right now.

John Collins with back-to-back double doubles for the Hawks...in a combined 39 minutes. Still pissed we passed on him for "all I am is long" DJ Wilson. At some point, we need to change how we draft to fit what we need. 

At this point, I'm hoping we somehow land Bledsoe and Chandler from the Suns. Giannis needs some kind of help and you're not going to find a 20 PPG type on the market very often. I know people probably don't want to lose Thon but I'd probably be okay with trading him. Probably stupid but I'd trade Monroe, Thon and Delly to Phoenix for Bledsoe and Chandler then trade DJ Wilson and Rashad Vaughn to New York for Kyle O'Quinn and two 2nd round picks (2018 & 2019 assuming they have them both). I'd then sign Kendall Marshall back as an emergency type back-up PG should we have any issues with Bledsoe and Brogdon. I initially thought moving Snell to the bench if we got Bledsoe was the best idea but moving Brodgon to the 2nd unit might help too. Not like we can't simply stagger minutes anyways.

Bledsoe | Brogdon | Marshall | Payton
Snell | Liggins | Terry
Middleton | Parker* | Brown
Giannis | Teletovic | Bolomboy
Chandler | O'Quinn | Henson

Can always bring in a free agent 3 or 4 too. Maybe bring back Gerald Green? I dunno. I just think that team is a far better team than what we've got going now. Minutes would be staggered so the lineups aren't necessarily set in stone so we'd be able to find the best fits for certain groups. Meaning, we wouldn't have Parker and Telly on the floor at the same time just because I've got them listed as the 2nd unit.

I absolutely do not want to minimize the effectiveness of the 2020s Bucks so we can play pretender in 2018. I'm fine bringing in Bledsoe if it means strictly a salary dump. PHX has zero leverage in any negotiation, so under no circumstance would I give up DJ Wilson, Thon, Brogdon, or any first round pick for Bledsoe.

Potentially something of note, Bucks inked Joel Bolomboy to a 2-way deal. Impressive numbers in the G-League last year. Looks like he could be an interesting backup C option like you listed with O'Quinn.

Anyone going to the game tonight? Very curious to see how electric the crowd will be. The floor looks absurd lol, has me tempted to bet the under. Two early wins against Boston could be huge down the stretch. RCON, Cavs look beatable so I'm not sure how far you have the make it to become a pretender versus contender?  If Giannis keeps playing like he has been, Jabari provides a spark down the stretch and we stop giving wide open threes. I don't see why this team can't make a competitive run this year?

1 hour ago, rcon14 said:

so under no circumstance would I give up DJ Wilson, Thon, Brogdon, or any first round pick for Bledsoe

I understand Brogdon for sure. Thon as well. Wilson or a first round pick that likely ends up in the early 20s? Meh, if that's what it takes to add another legitimate scoring threat to the team, I'm fine with it.

15 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

With the above said, if the Suns were getting offers with anything of actual value, I think Bledsoe would already be gone. Monroe, Telly or Henson and a first probably gets it done.

There's a scenario where clearing significant cap space for a future FA season is worth that draft pick for me.