MKE Bucks Thread | Offseason

beekay414

14 hours ago, tonyto36 said:

This valid, but Turner in that scenario would effectively be a stretch 4.  He could take the defensive role of center but still space the floor for Giannis.

I like Turner's upside as an offensive player, but his PnR defense might be worse than Drummond. Center just isn't a position I'm willing to allocate resources to since any clutch lineup in the future should be 4 wings/guards around Giannis.

Just now, tonyto36 said:

Well then you're left hoping to upgrade Middleton/Snell which doesn't seem feasible given the Bucks roster/cap/draft situation.

Maybe you could swing a deal of Henson + Teletovic for Chandler Parsons when Teletovic gets healthy.  But that's about the best I can think of for quality available wings you could get.  And that makes the defense worse because Parsons is a bad defender.  

I'm not saying I have some ready-made solution to the disaster of a situation the Bucks got themselves into for no reason, but I just don't see the point of sticking resources into a player you can't play against the best teams because they'll just PnR him off the floor

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2017/12/4/16732390/bucks-defense-giannis-antetokounmpo-deandre-jordan

decent read on the Bucks defense.

Stat Type Rank Before Bledsoe Rank After Bledsoe
Deflections 29th 3rd
Loose Balls Recovered 27th 2nd
Opponent TOV% 20th 1st
DRTG 29th 5th
Edited by 11sanchez11
Was before last night's loss tho

39 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2017/12/4/16732390/bucks-defense-giannis-antetokounmpo-deandre-jordan

decent read on the Bucks defense.

Stat Type Rank Before Bledsoe Rank After Bledsoe
Deflections 29th 3rd
Loose Balls Recovered 27th 2nd
Opponent TOV% 20th 1st
DRTG 29th 5th

KOC writes article on how Bucks haven't changed defense, then tweets during Bucks game about Bucks going back to their old defensive scheme. I used to read KOC's stuff, now I don't bother.

3 hours ago, tonyto36 said:

Well then you're left hoping to upgrade Middleton/Snell which doesn't seem feasible given the Bucks roster/cap/draft situation.

Maybe you could swing a deal of Henson + Teletovic for Chandler Parsons when Teletovic gets healthy.  But that's about the best I can think of for quality available wings you could get.  And that makes the defense worse because Parsons is a bad defender.  

Smart is a better defender than any of the Bucks guards.

Parsons is probably a downgrade.

On paper seems like Giannis, Midds, Bledsoe, Brogdon (+ Jabari) should already be one of the best teams in the league and could be pretty scary in a year or 2 

Edited by amac

4 hours ago, tonyto36 said:

That lineup would awful defensively.  Going small for speed and scoring is great and all but if you completely neglect defense it doesn't work.  

As long as Kidd is the coach, going purely for speed and scoring is the best bet anyways to be honest.

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 12:40 PM, bkobow05 said:

Why would we trade Malcolm Brogdon, on a rookie deal, for Marcus Smart, whom we would have to pay with money we don't have?

Didn't say they would, I was just hoping out loud I guess. But Smart does bring passion on defense. That along with a shot blocker somewhere can go along way. 

3 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Didn't say they would, I was just hoping out loud I guess. But Smart does bring passion on defense. That along with a shot blocker somewhere can go along way. 

He's a garbage shooter so no, I don't want him on a team with Giannis when he'll need to be paid soon. I pity the team that gives him a big contract.

On 12/5/2017 at 4:13 PM, tonyto36 said:

If the plan is to have Giannis at the five full time (or a large amount of time) you need a guy who can swing between SF/PF.  Parsons fits that bill better than Henson who is a PF/C.  

That lineup would awful defensively.  Going small for speed and scoring is great and all but if you completely neglect defense it doesn't work.  That's why the Warriors death lineup is special.  It does both.

False. A small lineup does not mean you are bad defensively. A small-ball lineup of Bledose/Brogdon/Snell/Khash/Giannis would be just fine in theory defensively if we employed more switching and quit blitzing every PnR. Parsons is just a pure dumpster fire defensively at every position and his broken knees are never getting back to 100%.

• beekay414 changed the title to MKE Bucks Thread | Offseason