MKE Bucks Thread | Offseason

beekay414

25 minutes ago, Slinky said:

Whats going on in Bucks Land? I thought this was the year you guys were gonna make a jump.

Is Kidd really that bad? I rmemeber when I lurked on here there was some dude who hated him and everybody laughed at him. Lol. 

Kidd has actually beeen good for this team, so the dude who hated him the entire time wasn’t exactly correct, imo. So idk if LOL is in order

But it’s been time to move to an x’s and o’s Coach for the past couple of years now. Kidd was our Mark Jackson, we need a steve Kerr (or brad Stevens, or pops, etc).

On 10/24/2017 at 2:22 AM, bkobow05 said:

I would love to figure out how to get Kyle O'Quinn on this team...he's exactly what we need at the 5 right now.

John Collins with back-to-back double doubles for the Hawks...in a combined 39 minutes. Still pissed we passed on him for "all I am is long" DJ Wilson. At some point, we need to change how we draft to fit what we need. 

At this point, I'm hoping we somehow land Bledsoe and Chandler from the Suns. Giannis needs some kind of help and you're not going to find a 20 PPG type on the market very often. I know people probably don't want to lose Thon but I'd probably be okay with trading him. Probably stupid but I'd trade Monroe, Thon and Delly to Phoenix for Bledsoe and Chandler then trade DJ Wilson and Rashad Vaughn to New York for Kyle O'Quinn and two 2nd round picks (2018 & 2019 assuming they have them both). I'd then sign Kendall Marshall back as an emergency type back-up PG should we have any issues with Bledsoe and Brogdon. I initially thought moving Snell to the bench if we got Bledsoe was the best idea but moving Brodgon to the 2nd unit might help too. Not like we can't simply stagger minutes anyways.

Bledsoe | Brogdon | Marshall | Payton
Snell | Liggins | Terry
Middleton | Parker* | Brown
Giannis | Teletovic | Bolomboy
Chandler | O'Quinn | Henson

Can always bring in a free agent 3 or 4 too. Maybe bring back Gerald Green? I dunno. I just think that team is a far better team than what we've got going now. Minutes would be staggered so the lineups aren't necessarily set in stone so we'd be able to find the best fits for certain groups. Meaning, we wouldn't have Parker and Telly on the floor at the same time just because I've got them listed as the 2nd unit.

Still think this is a solid plan...

...and we keep our 1sts in case it's not. 

Seriously, there's nothing bad about those deals. Thon and DJ are probably nothing long term.

Edited by bkobow05

13 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

For those Buck fans on the "fire Kidd" stance (I am am agreeing), who might be a good replacement?

Ime Udoka or Ettore Messina IMO. I like Becky Hammon too, but she’s a little more green than the other two. 

Ultimately I want a coach who is very knowledgeable on offensive sets and a proper defensive scheme, who is opening to listening/analyzing data collection. 

No more of this old school anecdotal evidence bullcrap

Seems like a definite win for Bucks outside of a dicing cap situation the next couple of years. I wonder if there is a center we can also deal for now? Let's hope Bledsoe and Giannis jive... excited we finally have a PG that can consistently win of the dribble. Should be a perfect match with Giannis. 

Hope those turnovers come down with the winspan we have on this team lol. 

Edited by PaulWall_23

16 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Love the trade, not that it's likely to matter, but Woj just said there are protections on the picks.

Means we have to do something at the 5. We can't survive with just Thon/Henson.

bolomboy looked good last night. i think he could help us already. he moves well and fits a little better. hoping we can maybe trade dj wilson and someone like delly for robin lopez or dewayne dedmon as well.