BDL 2019 Week 6 - Portland Horned Owls @ Hungary Hippos

Whicker

Portland Horned Owls @ Hungary Hippos  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Portland Horned Owls
    • Hungary Hippos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/17/2019 at 04:00 AM

1 hour ago, Whicker said:

So Hungary yet another team that only brings 3 active CBs to a game. And yet everyone wonders why I run the spread.

I'm gonna have to think about this one.

Base of 2 wide with Harrison Smith one of the best one-one coverage safeties playing up at nickel in 3 wide.  His two other receivers barely play with one being a relegated to punt and kick returner duties in pharoh cooper.

Edited by PR

13 minutes ago, PR said:

Base of 2 wide with Harrison Smith one of the best one-one coverage safeties playing up at nickel in 3 wide.  His two other receivers barely play with one being a relegated to punt and kick returner duties in pharoh cooper.

But McCaffrey plays in 3 wide sets, yes my bench WRs are garbage but McCaffrey helps supplement that. 

8 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

But McCaffrey plays in 3 wide sets, yes my bench WRs are garbage but McCaffrey helps supplement that. 

You said he lined up out wide on occassion. Not that he lined up wide on 3WR sets. You also stated he is the check down option which means Harrison Smith would be wrapping him up right then and there. If he is the check down in 2 wide you are throwing him into double coverage.

7 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Went Portland because of the weak Hippo Secondary.

As a second addition his two other rrceivers have a combined 21 catches over 6 weeks. 16 for Johnson, 5 for Cooper. Both are under 40 total yards a game.

Edited by PR

Jeez I really don't know. A dinged up Mahomes is still up there with the best QBs in the league, but those weapons aren't scaring anyone. On the flip side, Hungary's D is down to bare bones so they'd still have some success. 

Flip of a coin but I think despite having such a shoddy secondary at the moment, Hungary can do enough to get by at home. 17-16 Hungary. 

7 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Yeah I don't think Portland can take enough advantage of Hungary's secondary despite me not being a fan of it. This 3 active corner thing is going to get people killed eventually though

I don't typically use it. I typically have five or 6. This was matchup based to get more bodies on dline to keep mccaffrey in check

Not enough receiving weapons for Mahomes to take advantage of a thin Hippo CB corps, Hungary planned well to deal with Poorland's offense.   Goff will need to show up soon for Hungary to be a contender.  Hungary takes it at home.

Edited by pheltzbahr

1 hour ago, PR said:

You said he lined up out wide on occassion. Not that he lined up wide on 3WR sets. You also stated he is the check down option which means Harrison Smith would be wrapping him up right then and there. If he is the check down in 2 wide you are throwing him into double coverage.

He will line up out wide in 3 WR sets, not that hard to understand and no not every 3 wide play will have him out wide and he's obviously not the check down option on every play lol.