Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

22 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Didn't realize we had so few scholarship seniors. Thought we might have room for 20 commits this year but that might be a stretch. Then again, you never know with medical retirements, transfers and early entrees. Figure the only juniors that are gone are Biadasz, Taylor and Cephus. Maybe CVL but I doubt it.

It’s incredible how young the defense is. Losing Baun and Orr will hurt, but that’s it right? Everybody else that plays meaningful snaps will be back.

I don’t really worry much about the OL, JT is tough, especially since Watson hasn’t impressed me (obviously plenty of room for growth). Are we all just assuming Cephus is gone because of the legal stuff and the presumed deal with the firm that represented him? 

On 10/14/2019 at 9:16 PM, titans0021 said:

It’s incredible how young the defense is. Losing Baun and Orr will hurt, but that’s it right? Everybody else that plays meaningful snaps will be back.

I don’t really worry much about the OL, JT is tough, especially since Watson hasn’t impressed me (obviously plenty of room for growth). Are we all just assuming Cephus is gone because of the legal stuff and the presumed deal with the firm that represented him? 

Yeah, I think Cephus jumps ship for the NFL ASAP.

In regards to RB, I'm not focused on Nakia Watson. I think Julius Davis is going to be a good one. Glad he's redshirting. Plus, we're in on some talented 2020 RBs yet. It'll obviously hurt losing JT23 but the running game isn't something I'm overly worried about with the amount of youth we have at the spot.

Yay Defense!

Pass Defense (FBS rank)
Yards: 774 (1st)
Yards/Game: 129 (1st)
Touchdowns: 3 (T-1st)
QB Rating: 75.4 (1st)
Completion %: 43.9 (1st)
INT: 8 (T-11th)
Sacks: 23 (T-8th)

Rush Defense (FBS rank)
Yards: 268 (1st)
Yards/Game: 44.7 (1st)
Yards/Carry: 1.8 (2nd)
Touchdowns: 1 (T-2nd)
Forced Fumbles: 11 (T-3rd)

Total Defense (FBS rank)
Points/Game: 4.8 (1st)
Yards: 1042 (1st)
Yards/Game: 173.7 (1st)

Unreal.

Of course, those numbers change dramatically in 2 weeks lol.

Leo Chenal is out for the Illinois game. He's played in four games this year so this is where you start to think they'll redshirt him unless the ILB depth takes a hit. With the way the LBs are playing, I think it's the smart play to pull him for the year and bring him in as Chris Orr's replacement with 4 years of eligibility left.