Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Should probably #LockeTheThread lol

beekay414

14 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Clemson lost to Pittsburgh 3-4 years ago at home.

Also lost at Syracuse recently as well.  

Even the top tier teams have a crappy day.  

The problem with WI is they always find ways to lose like this to a team they shouldn't.  Was Clemson a 30.5 point favorite that day?  :(

13 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

2 years in a row we've lost to an unranked team as a top 10 team... and after seeing our DBs repeatedly burnt by Illinois, next week is going to be ugly, not that it matters any more.

It is pretty bad to get out coached by Lovie Smith.  We deserved to lose and we should get smoked next week.  But as long as we get in any bowl game the powers that be in Madison will be satisfied.  :(

17 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Normally I’m on the bk is overreacting side, not today. This is a fireable offense. To have learned nothing from last year. Hell, to learn nothing from three weeks ago, is just so beyond unacceptable. You lose to Ohio State? Sure, we can’t recruit against them and certainly can’t pay our coaches/players the way they can.

Having multiple instances every year where the coaching staff can’t get the players to not overlook inferior teams? Even worse, playing a really active role in it by not making obvious adjustments? That’s where you lose me. When a team wants to dedicate every defender to stopping JT and you can’t make the most basic attempts to punish them for it, I don’t care about academic standards or assistant coaches salaries.

I too am ready to move on from Chryst.  

Edited by Pugger

The refusal to throw on 1st down in the first half was baffling. Our WRs were killing their CBs. It was all day long. They had to choose which phase they wanted to stop. They chose the run game, we were too arrogant to go away from it. 

Our DBs are the worst every year it seems like. You would think having Leonard as your DC might help with recruiting and coaching in that area, but not at all it seems like. 

You guys will be tougher for us than Penn State.

Justin Fields isn’t a air raid type of QB, so I wouldn’t be too worried about that. However, he is extremely efficient and doesn’t make bad throws or decisions. He will take deep shots if they’re open, but he’s definitely not a gun slinger.

I’m biased, but I’d be worried more about Dobbins and Teague.

It will come down to the wire like always.

Edited by candyman93

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Bet that the Wisconsin posters get warnings/bans for trolling during the game too...

I’m not sure if it’s a good equivalency or not, but Penn State fans (in real life, not this site) are my equivalent to Minnesota fans. They got a fluky win 1 time in 2016 and they talk about it still. This ain’t the 90’s. We’ve thoroughly owned their ***** for a decade.

19 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’m not sure if it’s a good equivalency or not, but Penn State fans (in real life, not this site) are my equivalent to Minnesota fans. They got a fluky win 1 time in 2016 and they talk about it still. This ain’t the 90’s. We’ve thoroughly owned their ***** for a decade.

Its the inverse for me. Minnesota fans in real life are relaxed and can take a joke. Minnesota fans on the internet still have pride in their program, which after 50 years of irrelevant garage, means they're deluded.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2019 at 12:36 PM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Its the inverse for me. Minnesota fans in real life are relaxed and can take a joke. Minnesota fans on the internet still have pride in their program, which after 50 years of irrelevant garage, means they're deluded.

ITP

50+ years ago (Minnesota) = irrelevant

0-50 years ago (Wisconsin) = relevant

this year (Minnesota) = irrelevant