Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Should probably #LockeTheThread lol

beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I'm going to make myself feel better by watching Graham Mertz highlights. His HS junior highlights, ffs, are better than any QB highlight tape we've had since Russell Wilson lol. 

Someone explain to me why Coan played over him? Feasibly. It wasn't that he wasn't ready. We have coaches that praised his ability to prepare when Coan was questionable with injury. He's physically ready and he has NFL caliber arm talent. So what was it? Because Jack's older? That's bush league. There was NO reason whatsover, defendable anyways, for Coan to start. None.

Because 18 year old Mertz probably wouldn't have been very good, and if he becomes really good, now we get a year of 21 year old Mertz as a trade-off.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I'm going to make myself feel better by watching Graham Mertz highlights. His HS junior highlights, ffs, are better than any QB highlight tape we've had since Russell Wilson lol. 

Someone explain to me why Coan played over him? Feasibly. It wasn't that he wasn't ready. We have coaches that praised his ability to prepare when Coan was questionable with injury. He's physically ready and he has NFL caliber arm talent. So what was it? Because Jack's older? That's bush league. There was NO reason whatsover, defendable anyways, for Coan to start. None.

This coaching staff is going to sit Logan Brown next year when CVL doesn't declare. 

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Because 18 year old Mertz probably wouldn't have been very good, and if he becomes really good, now we get a year of 21 year old Mertz as a trade-off.

Unless he's good enough that he goes pro as a redshirt sophomore. 

In which case we traded 18 year old Mertz for Coan. 

You can't say that with a straight face. We have no idea if he would've been good or not. It's not like Coan was even good. When Mertz played this year, he looked miles better. His arm strength is absurd compared to the rest of our group and he opens up this offense with his ability to throw the deep ball. Coan can't throw the ball beyond the 1st down marker and defenses knew that.

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

This coaching staff is going to sit Logan Brown next year when CVL doesn't declare. 

I'm going to scream if that happens. I'm *this* close to just becoming a UNC football fan too. I just don't know if I can deal with this PC crap anymore.

Just now, beekay414 said:

You can't say that with a straight face. We have no idea if he would've been good or not. It's not like Coan was even good. When Mertz played this year, he looked miles better. His arm strength is absurd compared to the rest of our group and he opens up this offense with his ability to throw the deep ball. Coan can't throw the ball beyond the 1st down marker and defenses knew that.

I can totally say that with a straight face. I was on a college staff for awhile, I've seen countless HS kids and their transformations. You're going from a kid to a man. Even if Mertz was above average as a frosh, he's going to be that much better as a junior.

16 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Would you GTFO of our thread? 

None of our fans go into your thread and talk **** or troll you guys. We're always polite to you and support you when you lose games. We've done nothing to antagonize you, and yet you're here after a Rose Bowl loss. 

Why?

No, this isn't true but y'all carry on. And I'm not here to rag on anyone or your team. Just pointing out this is definitely not true...... unless I'm not getting the joke which is definitely possible. 

I can totally say that with a straight face. I was on a college staff for awhile, I've seen countless HS kids and their transformations. You're going from a kid to a man. Even if Mertz was above average as a frosh, he's going to be that much better as a junior.

Welp. Guess Bama shouldn't have started Tua over Hurts or Clemson shouldn't have started Lawrence over Kelly. Imagine how good they'd be as redshirt juniors!

Just now, JTagg7754 said:

No, this isn't true but y'all carry on. And I'm not here to rag on anyone or your team. Just pointing out this is definitely not true...... unless I'm not getting the joke which is definitely possible. 

He's talking about in the team threads. I got tagged in your thread today and could have dropped a reference to Urban Meyer being the disgraceful piece of slime that he is, but I didn't.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

He's talking about in the team threads. I got tagged in your thread today and could have dropped a reference to Urban Meyer being the disgraceful piece of slime that he is, but I didn't.

Ah, right on. I thought it was just in general. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

Welp. Guess Bama shouldn't have started Tua over Hurts or Clemson shouldn't have started Lawrence over Kelly. Imagine how good they'd be as redshirt juniors!

Totally different programs, but I know you think UW is supposed to be one of them because you can't see the reality of the NCAA.

Those schools are NFL factories. The best of the best go there to play ASAP and get to the pros. No different than Kentucky or Duke in Bball. Wisconsin is a program. You can't compare the two. You're looking for a 1-2 year window here where you can compete on the same level as those schools and try to beat them. Aka LSU this year. An older Mertz with a good roster gives us a much better chance.

If today showed anything, it’s that starting Coan next year would be inexcusable. Everyone talked about how he’s healthy, we had a month to prepare, and the staff decided the best plan of attack was running into stacked boxes and throwing it no more than two yards. If that’s the confidence you have in your QB, you’re just wasting time.

• Like 4