patriotsheatyan

Thoughts on Ramsey trade?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Thoughts on Ramsey trade?

• Both teams benefit on net
    • Both teams are hurt on net
    • Jaguars benefit Rams are hurt
    • Rams benefit Jaguars are hurt

I think Sunday was a perfect game for Ramsey to get himself more acquainted with the Rams D and it provided the blueprint to how and why we made the trade. 

Ramsey is the best man coverage CB in the league, so we were able to play a lot more man. Peters simply couldn't, at times wouldn't, do this so Phillips had to change his approach to account for him. It really didn't help. If you want something to bark, get a dog, if you want something to meow, get a cat. 

It allowed our DL more time to get at the QB, Falcons knowing that put triple teams on Donald which just led to Fowler getting a hat-trick of sacks. It was promising. The TD for the Falcons came during garbage time, when Ramsey & Donald were on the bench. Ramsey will be key to our matchup against the Bengals. They have next to no running game, so they will be looking to sling the ball. Another big performance where they don't get a TD with them on the pitch would be welcomed. 

The offense has been absolutely hammered this season, largely due to the game against the 49ers. We were the highest scoring offense in 2017, the third highest in 2018 and even with the 7 points against the 49ers, we're still averaging over 27 points a game. I'm told this is with a bum QB, the worst OL in the NFL and no running game. I'm sure come the end of the season we'll be within the top 5 scoring teams in the league, so if Ramsey can bring our defence along then we should be a much more competent side than given credit. A lot of football left to be played! 

• Like 1

On 10/20/2019 at 5:55 PM, jrry32 said:

Today shows why I love it. Elite players are worth their weight in gold. There aren't many in the NFL. Ramsey allows us to completely change our defense (well, Ramsey and trading Peters). You saw the culmination of that today. We were able to get out of the awful soft zones, rush the QB aggressively, and use the talent on the back-end to smother a talented Falcons passing attack. It was worth it. Our demise has been greatly exaggerated.

I mean...the Falcons suck, and Ramsey didn't exactly lock up Julio.

13 hours ago, DerbyRam said:

I think Sunday was a perfect game for Ramsey to get himself more acquainted with the Rams D and it provided the blueprint to how and why we made the trade. 

Ramsey is the best man coverage CB in the league, so we were able to play a lot more man. Peters simply couldn't, at times wouldn't, do this so Phillips had to change his approach to account for him. It really didn't help. If you want something to bark, get a dog, if you want something to meow, get a cat. 

It allowed our DL more time to get at the QB, Falcons knowing that put triple teams on Donald which just led to Fowler getting a hat-trick of sacks. It was promising. The TD for the Falcons came during garbage time, when Ramsey & Donald were on the bench. Ramsey will be key to our matchup against the Bengals. They have next to no running game, so they will be looking to sling the ball. Another big performance where they don't get a TD with them on the pitch would be welcomed. 

The offense has been absolutely hammered this season, largely due to the game against the 49ers. We were the highest scoring offense in 2017, the third highest in 2018 and even with the 7 points against the 49ers, we're still averaging over 27 points a game. I'm told this is with a bum QB, the worst OL in the NFL and no running game. I'm sure come the end of the season we'll be within the top 5 scoring teams in the league, so if Ramsey can bring our defence along then we should be a much more competent side than given credit. A lot of football left to be played! 

Agreed. Big wins against the vaunted Falcons and Bengals will surely quiet the doubters!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

He did lock up Julio. 4 catches for 74yds and one of those plays was a 34yd play. Yes Julio is going to win some battles because he is elite too but the impact Ramsey had allowed the Rams to shutdown Ridley, Sanu, and Hooper as well. There literally was times Ryan dropped back and nobody was open. That shouldnt happen with those weapons. I call it the Ramsey effect. Its a far cry from the Bucs game where Peters held Evans to 2 catches for 25yds at one point but Godwin was eating the Rams defense alive. Then boom Evans catches a 67yd td pass because Peters do what Peters do. So like Ramsey changes the way Wade wants to call the game and he doesnt have to worry about what if Ramsey just have a busted play because he got lost or gambles and let Thomas or Evans catch a 50+ td on one play. Again not saying Peters is terrible but he isnt Ramsey and Wade wasnt calling his defense the way he wanted too with Peters out there and that hurt the others when it came to trying to cover the opposing offense as a whole. 

Edited by stl4life07

22 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Agreed. Big wins against the vaunted Falcons and Bengals will surely quiet the doubters!

Nobody said the Falcons was vaunted. Im more impressed the Rams shutdown the Falcons offense which you have to admit wasnt really the problem. If the Falcons record was at least (5-2) you can say Ryan would be in the MVP discussion with his stats. He was playing great but its hard to overcome when your defense is trash. Thats why when Brees was putting up 5000yds and 30+tds in those seasons but the Saints would go (7-9) because the Saints would lose games like 38-35 Brees would never be in the MVP discussion even though his numbers were great. So for the Rams to travel east coast, which is hard for a west coast team to do, having all the turnover they did with losing Talib, Peters, Johnson and bringing in Ramsey not knowing much he is going to play and have that type of game on defense I thought was impressive. I came into that game thinking it would be a shootout. Vegas did too because the O/U was like at least 50. So I know its the Falcons but please dont dismiss what the Rams did on defense to the Falcons offense that still was moving the football and scoring points before this past Sunday.

Then we look at who the Rams are playing. A win is a win no matter what. The reason the Seahawks have 5 wins is because they played the Bengals, and a Rudolph led Steelers team. The Niners benefited from playing the Bengals, Redskins, and Steelers too. We know the Patriots soft schedule so far. The Cowboys wouldnt be (4-3) if they didnt start the season off with the Giants, Redskins, and Dolphins. So now the Rams will have the benefit of the schedule getting soft but to their credit the Rams did beat the (4-2) Panthers again on an east coast trip. They did beat the (5-2) Saints and was a missed FG away from going on the road on a short week to Seattle and beating them. So its not like the Rams are a bad team just benefiting from cupcake teams. Now they get to find their footing by playing the Falcons, Bengals, a Rudolph/Hodges led Steelers and the struggling Bears team led by Mitch in LA this time and not the freezing cold Chicago. Lets see if the Rams can pile on wins just like those other teams have done to make their season great and position themselves towards the top of the NFC like those other teams have done so far. Then if that happens we will start to look at those matchups later on in the season against the Cowboys and rematches against the Niners and Seahawks as very important in terms of truly making or breaking the Rams season. But right now the Rams have a chance to get things back on the right track and I dont care if the schedule is against the strongest right now. Again a win is a win and in a tough NFC Ill take it just like all those other teams when they are beating up on weaker teams too.   

Edited by stl4life07

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

It's not about whether he locked up Julio or not. It's about the Rams got away from the soft zone coverages that allowed us to get nickel and dimed underneath and started attacking the offense and giving the pass rushers a chance to get home. We weren't able to do that with Peters because he'd get roasted. 

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Lolz

Yeah yeah. Snead will get it done.. Brockers and Whitworth off the books frees up about 20 mil right there.. Badibim Badaboom.. 

Goff is also on a team friendly deal. Cap goes up. Life if delish my brother. Meanwhile Jax goes 5-11 these next 5-8 years and loses a HOF player to save that money. 

4 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Yeah yeah. Snead will get it done.. Brockers and Whitworth off the books frees up about 20 mil right there.. Badibim Badaboom.. 

Goff is also on a team friendly deal. Cap goes up. Life if delish my brother. Meanwhile Jax goes 5-11 these next 5-8 years and loses a HOF player to save that money. 

Well you're going to have to or else you gave up 2 1's+ for a rental so. Not to mention you can't do much if a player fakes a back injury, sits out and is clearly listening to his agent and not his role model/part of what got him to where he was (his dad) and now is all about the big stage. Not to mention personality wise he's literally a spitting image of Deion, so he probably won't be at any stop more than 3-5 years.

Also, if we go 5-11 the next 5-8 yrs, it won't be because we dealt Ramsey, that's for damn sure.

Edited by .Buzz

2 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

He would make it so much easier though 

To go 5-11? Lol

Regardless, can't do much if a player quits on the team/organization and refuses to play. The fact we got the return we did was impressive as he also showed up the owner (who he's said he respects and likes), so I mean...

Happy it's all over and we have a stockpile of picks to either get weapons around Minshew/Foles or if they're not the answer get "the guy" next year. This team has a solid base as is with Yann, Allen, Harrison, Bouye, Chark, Lenny, etc. If we can hit on a few more and have competent QB play we'll be good.

I like how the assumption is that it's only $20M per and not 100M+ in guarantees?. Good luck with that because I have little to no doubt that's going to be the Starting Point with any contract he signs. Fully Guaranteed being his goal wouldn't surprise me in the least.. I got my 🍿🍿🍿 ready!

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

I like how the assumption is that it's only $20M per and not 100M+ in guarantees?. Good luck with that because I have little to no doubt that's going to be the Starting Point with any contract he signs. Fully Guaranteed being his goal wouldn't surprise me in the least.. I got my 🍿🍿🍿 ready!

I bet players in philly wanted him bad. Damm soap opera over there bunch of females spilling the tea. What’s next? Wentz is the BTK killer? The zodiac killer? I wouldn’t doubt it. 

We eating good over here. Rams got the bread to spend. 

Edited by ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI

22 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

PLAYBOI always quick to spend other peoples money like its a game of Monopoly.  👍

Eat bud, eat!

I simply don’t care because it’s not mine. Kronke is a billionaire and his wife is even richer than him! She’s a Walmart heir. Whatever gets it done.