BDL 2019 Week 7 - Anchorage Wolves @ Portland Horned Owls

Whicker

Anchorage Wolves @ Portland Horned Owls  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Anchorage Wolves
    • Portland Horned Owls

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/24/2019 at 04:00 AM

16 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

, I know for a fact that an issue you have anywhere on the lower leg increase your chances of suffering a knee injury. Not sure about the kneecap though

Different legs though.

Edited by Jlash

51 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Different legs though.

Can be an effect as well. You put more power on your healthy leg which weakens it. Again I don't know about kneecaps specifically, but for ACLs it's frequent that after tearing your ACL on one leg you tear the other one a year later. 

Happened to Thomas Davis earlier in his career I believe and to other NFL players as well I'm sure. 

Because I don't know for sure if that's the case here I probably won't factor it. But the argument can be made. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TedLavie said:

1. Not necessarily true. There definitely could be an impact between the ankle and knee injury. I'm not doctor but having tore my ACL before, I know for a fact that an issue you have anywhere on the lower leg increase your chances of suffering a knee injury. Not sure about the kneecap though.

2. You have 2 OL listed as backups. How many snaps do they see here?

3. Mahomes was injured on a QB sneak. You don't need a big hit to injure yourself

Different legs, plus it doesn't matter he didn't re-injure his ankle. 

0. But you know why we dress backup o-lineman, you can never predict random inactives. 

No you can sneeze and get injured, but that doesn't matter in BDL because unless it's a re-aggravated injury it doesn't affect the game. 

7 hours ago, Jlash said:

Different legs though.

+1 to Jlash.

5 hours ago, Jlash said:

I just don't think I can get on board with projecting in-game knockout injuries.

I'm not sure Mahomes ankle effects him as much as everyone else seems to assume here. I think it's a case of seeing him get a different leg injury and reacting to that. And he's coming into this came with a pretty good OL, against a DL that is also good, but more based on a power game than a pure pass rushing attacking stand point, so I don't think Mahomes is under as much duress as suggested. Looking to target Hargreaves as often as possible will also allow Mahomes to continue to work down the field. Jamie Collins has had a predictable resurgence under Bill B, but being asked to follow McCaffery all game long, as heavily as Portland plans to target him is always going to be advantage to the offense. 

I'm sticking with Portland here.

• Like 2