BDL 2019 Week 7 - Gotham Gashslayers @ Ivory Coast Black Rhinos

Whicker

Gotham Gashslayers @ Ivory Coast Black Rhinos  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Gotham Gashslayers
    • Ivory Coast Black Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/24/2019 at 04:00 AM

BDL 2019 Week 7

Match:  Gotham Gashslayers @ Ivory Coast Black Rhinos

Away Owner: @pheltzbahr

Home Owner: @RuskieTitan

Vote for who you think will win this game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both

Gotham Gashslayers

QB - Carson Wentz

RB - Josh Jacobs

WR - Tyreek Hill

WR - Jarvis Landry

WR- Devante Parker

TE - Eric Ebron

LT - Jake Matthews

LG - Andrus Peat

C - Maurkice Pouncey

RG - Shaq Mason

RT - Mitchell Schwartz

RB - Kerryon Johnson

RB - Matt Breida

WR - Geronimo Allison (D)

WR - Deon Cain

TE - Hayden Hurst

TE - Kyle Rudolph

OL - Kaleb McGary

OL - Michael Schofield

EDGE - Robert Quinn

INT - JJ Watt

INT - Dontari Poe

EDGE/SLB- Leonard Floyd

MLB - Benardrick McKinney

S/CB/LB - Minkah Fitzpatrick

CB - Xavier Rhodes

CB - Josh Norman *INACTIVE*

SCB - Jourdan Lewis

S - Damarious Randall

S - Justin Simmons

EDGE - Charles Harris

INT - PJ Hall

INT - Vernon Butler

LB - Anthony Hitchens

LB - Zach Cunningham

CB - Rasul Douglas

S - Clayton Geathers

Ivory Coast Black Rhinos Lineup:

QB- Matt Ryan
RB- Nick Chubb
FB- Anthony Sherman

WR- Alshon Jeffery
WR- Terry McLaurin
WR- Curtis Samuel
LT- Dennis Kelly
LG- Billy Price
C- Jason Kelce
RG- Zack Martin
RT- Rick Wagner

--------------------------------------------------

QB- Daniel Jones
RB- Austin Ekeler
TE- Jared Cook *INACTIVE*
WR- Robby Anderson
WR- Adam Humphries
OL- Trent Williams
OL- Andre Smith
OL- Kyle Long *INJURED RESERVE*

DE- Khalil Mack
DT- Da'Ron Payne
NT- Larry Ogunjobi
DE- Myles Garrett
LB- Lavonte David
LB- Devin White
CB- Patrick Peterson
CB- Adoree' Jackson
CB- Malcolm Butler
FS- Earl Thomas
SS- Devin McCourty

DE- Shilique Calhoun
DT- Davon Godchaux
DT- Maurice Hurst
LB- Bobby Okereke
LB- Jerome Baker
CB- Brandon Carr
CB- Ross Cockrell
S- Eric Reid

Edited by Whicker

Gotham Gashslayers

OFFENSE - 3WR/TE/RB (55 pass 45 run)

IC features a complete defense with a fierce pass rush, we look to run a balanced offense to move the chains and take shots with Tyreek and Landry to put points on the board.

Passing Game - If Wentz has time, we believe he can be successful against a Black Gyno secondary that doesn’t match up great against our weapons.  We will move Tyreek around the formation, lining him up outside, in the slot and using motion to create mismatches and allow Wentz to diagnose coverage pre snap.  YAC king Landry will see a ton of targets if Tyreek is doubled. If Reek is doubled early and often we will look to get him the ball with a couple Jet Sweeps and reverses to let him loose in the open field.  Mixing in targets to Ebron, Parker and Jacobs will keep the Rhinos honest in their coverage.

Running Game - We go with the 3 headed attack this week, as we want to exploit weak depth up front on the IC DLine.  With a heavier run attack this week, Jacobs will see about 50% of snaps, with Johnson and Breida at about 25% each.  With the rotation, we will keep fresh legs on the field throughout the game which will pay dividends in the second half against a gassed line.

Protection - Accounting for Mack and Garrett is a priority.  We will run a fair amount of RPO and play action to keep them from pinning their ears back.  We will design some roll outs fro Wentz to buy time on longer developing pass plays and keep Ebron in on these to chip and run an outlet or stay in and double to roll side.

DEFENSE - 4-2-5 Nickel

Facing an Ivory Coast Offense that is depleted with weapons, we are coming out in a fast nickel to combat what will likely be a 3 or 4 wide base with no TEs to account for.

Run Defense - Nick Chubb will likely be a focus of establishing the run to set up the pass.  We combat this with assigning Benardrick McKinney as SPY on Chubb. We have an excellent run  D Line, but with McKinney having limited other responsibilities, we expect him to dole out punishment on Chubband limit his effectiveness.

Pass Defense - We don’t underestimate Matt Ryan and his ability to make plays in the pocket, we will look to pressure him in the pocket and force him to throw into a heavy coverage set.  Again, we expect Cote Ivoire to come out in 3 or 4 wide, and we counter with 3 CBs and chess piece Minkah Fitapatric. We will mix zone and man, play sides, with 2 deep safety looks, crowded box looks, generally disguising what we are actually playing.  We want RYan to think pre snap and make him go through his progresstions, allowing our pass rush to get to him.

Pass Rush - Pressuring Ryan will be a priority in this match.  We are going to blitz more often in this match than some other recent games.  Against 4 wide sets on obvious passing downs, we will blitz either McKinney and a safety(Or Fitz) pressuring Ryan.  We look to exploit the offensive left side of the line with Watt looking to dominate. We will run delayed blitzes behind him looking to get free runs at the less than mobile RYan.

Ivory Coast Black Rhinos Gameplan:

Offense
Primary Formation: 3 Wide "20" Personnel
- We're going to come out this week with our 3 wide personnel as the primary formation, looking at a little over half the time. Sherman will be in the backfield, but he'll be splitting reps with Jared Cook as well.

Running Game Focus- We want to feed the Chubb and maintain control of the clock. We're providing him with a lead blocker in Sherman at times, and others we'll have Cook assist on the edge. We'll run out of all sorts of formations, single back as well as I and Strong/Weak alignments. We'll work on double teaming Watt to provide the holes in the middle, and give Ekeler some touches as well.

Passing Game Focus- We're going to use our depth at wide receiver to spread the ball around and keep the defense off balance. We feel that with Terry, Alshon, and Curtis, there will be someone who wins their matchup on a given play, and Ryan will be able to get them the ball. With two backs in the backfield, we'll leverage one to assist with pass blocking while the other serves as a safety valve. When we go with a single back look, that back will primarily pass block, but we'll also sneak him out once or twice to catch the defense off balance.

X-Factor on Offense: Wide Receivers- Terry McLaurin has established himself as a real weapon on offense, and pairing him with Alshon gives us two legit #1 targets for Matt Ryan to utilize. Curtis Samuel has started to break out as well, and that trio should ensure Matt Ryan has at least one target each pass play to hit. Robby Anderson will come in at times to threaten the defense deep, and Adam Humphries will work underneath for easy yardage.

Defense
Defensive Formation: 4-2-5 Defense
- If the Gashes come out 3 wide we'll utilize the 4-2-5 look. If we need to have a heavier set, Butler will come off the field and Bobby Okereke will come on. When we use dime, White will come off and we'll add Cockrell.

Secondary Coverage: Cover 1 Press Man- We're going to run a cover 1 shell over press man the majority of the time. We'll sprinkle some zone coverage in to ensure that Wentz doesn't get complacent with what he sees, as well as some cover 2 man, but overall, we want to stick to their receivers. Patrick Peterson returns from suspension, and will get placed on Tyreek Hill. The other two corners will alternate between Landry and Parker, if one is starting to take advantage of a corner we'll swap the assignments. Whichever safety isn't taking the high zone will cover Eric Ebron. Lavonte David will cover the back out of the backfield, and Devin White will be leveraged as a spy / soft middle zone and occasional blitzer.

Defensive Box- Defensive interior linemen will be two gapping and clogging up the running lanes for this one. Khalil Mack and Myles Garrett will rush the edges and collapse the pocket, they should in particular feast on Jake Matthews. With those two off the edges, we feel comfortable rushing just 4 on most plays, with an occasional blitzer to keep Wentz honest.

X-Factor on Defense: Patrick Peterson- He returns just at the right time for our squad. We'll take advantage of his man coverage skills to shadow Tyreek Hill for most of the game, and he's got the speed and ability to limit the damage that Hill will do to our defense.

I think these two teams match up well.

I also feel they're coming out with REALLY similar gameplans which I find interesting so the question is which team does better. To be completely honest I dont think either of these teams have explosive offenses however I do feel that with both defenses being really really good, and I personally feel like ICBRs OL being a bit weaker than Gotham that Gotham will get a slight better late game success on defense.

With a stronger OL, I actually like ICBRs offensive weapons better but with it being what it is, i have to go with Gotham here.

21-17 Gotham

• Like 1

@pheltzbahr it's Côte d'Ivoire, not Cote Ivoire

I think it's a very balanced matchup here. Both DL should have success rushing the passer, I like both running games too. Leaving Tyreek 1vs1 is very dangerous and I don't love it here. But injuries are seriously affecting Gotham ability to cover IC weapons. I think homefield advantage is the factor here and I also think IC asks less of its OL in terms of pass pro than Gotham. 27-24 IC

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

Pretty nitpicky man.

Whenever I can nitpick on French language be sure I will do it haha. 

No idea if that interests you but just in case. When you want to want to qualify a noun with another noun, unlike in English, you will say [noun of noun]. For example you will say litteraly a game of dice, and not a dice game. So Coast of Ivory here, which is Côte d'Ivoire, and not Ivory Coast, which would be Côte Ivoire. 

With that being said, why English says Game of Thrones but Dice Game is unknown to me. Maybe @Blue or another grammar nerd can enlighten me. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Whenever I can nitpick on French language be sure I will do it haha. 

No idea if that interests you but just in case. When you want to want to qualify a noun with another noun, unlike in English, you will say [noun of noun]. For example you will say litteraly a game of dice, and not a dice game. So Coast of Ivory here, which is Côte d'Ivoire, and not Ivory Coast, which would be Côte Ivoire. 

With that being said, why English says Game of Thrones but Dice Game is unknown to me. Maybe @Blue or another grammar nerd can enlighten me. 

French is one of the few European languages modern English speakers didn't rob blind in our ongoing quest to make the stupidest grammar rules of all time.

• Like 1

That left side of the IC offensive line is rough but so is Gotham's secondary right now. Both are game losing weaknesses. In the end though I think Gotham has the pass rush necessary to take advantage of IC's weakness where IC's weapons aren't enough to take advantage of Gotham's. IC has some good young WR's but they aren't quite there yet. 

I think both teams defensive lines have the advantage in this one, and both have an explosive player on offense who can make a defense pay deep with a small mistake. The difference to me in a game like this, and I hate to say it, is which QB can handle pressure, escape it if necessary and still make a play. That is far and away Carson Wentz as Matt Ryan has always proven susceptible to pressure.