MMA Thread | As the UFC Turns

beekay414

16 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Not good for Condit? Why is this bad for him?

Cause cowboys a lot better than him at the moment & isn't a really notable name. At least I don't think. I really have no idea who casuals know & don't know, it always surprises me who's known & not known when talking to random ppl about MMA

3 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Holloway's last 8 opponents have went 0 for 27 on takedown attempts. He hasn't been taken down since 2014. Tho Lamas is really the only high level wrestler he has faced in those.

Problem is he's fighting with no camp, against a bigger opponent than he's used to, a couple of months after injuring his leg. and none of those opponents were Khabib.

RDA vs Covington confirmed for 224, for the interim belt. I like it a lot, that card needed another big fight, and I'm really interested to see this matchup, particularly over 5 rounds. Think RDA should be far too technical, but Covington surprised me against Maia. If he can bring the pressure and put RDA on the back foot, he could be in with a chance. Don't think RDA likes pressure a whole lot.

Btw, Covington's a ****** and all, but I gotta say I kinda respect his cojones. All the crap he's said about Brazil, he's public enemy #1 over there, and he's still willing to go in to Rio freaking de Janeiro and fight. They're going to need an armed guard just for his walkout.

3 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

cowboy oliveira stepping in. not good for condit. fun fight. 

Could be a great fight, if Condit's 100% into it. Not sure he is though, seems like he's more just fighting to get by right now, and if that's the case Oliveira probably takes it.

Hope I'm wrong though. Condit at his peak is one of my favorite fighters of all time.

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Is it really a massive upset? I agree RDA should be the favorite but CC did just beat Maia who was beating everyone before losing to Woodley. 

He'll probably be +220 up on Vegas line considering fight is in Rio. 

3 minutes ago, eagles101 said:

Doesnt he still have to go through the suspension? And who does he fight if jones doesnt come back?

i'd imagine stipe if he beats DC. if DC wins I dunno. and yeah i dunno about the suspension and usada and what not there seems to be no rules when it comes to brock. 

Archived