MMA Thread | As the UFC Turns

beekay414

14 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I admit i thought this was a joke that Uncle Dana and company pulled and now i feel sick to see its real.

What was the injury? 

I feel like Holloway has nothing to lose but everything to gain while Khabib is more the opposite. He SHOULD win because he has had a full camp and is the bigger guy easily

Apparently Tony blew out his knee stopping and changing direction while walking in a parking lot, doing media. Freak injury

Just now, Buckrock101 said:

Apparently Tony blew out his knee stopping and changing direction while walking in a parking lot, doing media. Freak injury

Tripped in the studio over a thick black cable on the floor, actually.

11 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

Honestly...I think Khabib is gonna rag doll Max.  I think Max is tough, and his TDD is good, but Khabib's wrestling is on a whole different level.  On the feet, Max has a distinct advantage.  If somehow he were able to keep it standing, he would win fairly easily I believe.  I can't see him keeping that mauler off of him for any length of time.  He also doesn't have one punch KO power imo.  Khabib should be able to eat some shots, to get the takedown, which I think will come sooner that later.  After that...It's ground n pound city for Max.  Oddsmakers opened up with Khabib being a 5 to 1 favorite. 

Having a day to think about it, I'm really concerned whether Max is at 100% for this fight. It's only a month since the scheduled fight he had to pull out of, so I have a hard time believing his injury is fully healed. Even if it is, he wouldn't have been training nearly as much in the last couple of months. He's also going to have to go through a big weight cut just to make it to fight night. Max is an absolute warrior, but it's honestly kind hard to see him jumping into this fight with no preparation and winning.

Win/win situation for the UFC though. Honestly don't think this is bad for their side at all. Khabib wins, we get Conor/Khabib, most likely in Russia, which is going to be massive. Max wins, it's an incredible story and we get Conor/Max, which is just as big. hope Max is getting PAID for this, because he's really saving the UFC's a$$

50 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

Having a day to think about it, I'm really concerned whether Max is at 100% for this fight. It's only a month since the scheduled fight he had to pull out of, so I have a hard time believing his injury is fully healed. Even if it is, he wouldn't have been training nearly as much in the last couple of months. He's also going to have to go through a big weight cut just to make it to fight night. Max is an absolute warrior, but it's honestly kind hard to see him jumping into this fight with no preparation and winning.

Win/win situation for the UFC though. Honestly don't think this is bad for their side at all. Khabib wins, we get Conor/Khabib, most likely in Russia, which is going to be massive. Max wins, it's an incredible story and we get Conor/Max, which is just as big. hope Max is getting PAID for this, because he's really saving the UFC's a$$

Khabib said that, when he fights Conor, it'll likely be at MSG, not Russia.

15 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

LOL good ole Zab Judah. There were rumors before the Conor fight that Judah knocked Floyd down with a body shot. 

But if Zab did spar with Khabib, then it is certainly possible he knocked Khabib down. Regardless of how washed up Zab is now, he was still a world class boxer just going back three or four years ago and Khabib's boxing isn't exactly good. 

6 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

LOL good ole Zab Judah. There were rumors before the Conor fight that Judah knocked Floyd down with a body shot. 

But if Zab did spar with Khabib, then it is certainly possible he knocked Khabib down. Regardless of how washed up Zab is now, he was still a world class boxer just going back three or four years ago and Khabib's boxing isn't exactly good. 

Its definitely possible but do we really care about Khabib's boxing? If this fight has anything to do with Khabib's boxing then it won't go the way we all expect it to

23 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:
6 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Its definitely possible but do we really care about Khabib's boxing? If this fight has anything to do with Khabib's boxing then it won't go the way we all expect it to

the guy that 'reported' that was just making a joke, it didn't happen.

35 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Holloway's last 8 opponents have went 0 for 27 on takedown attempts. He hasn't been taken down since 2014. Tho Lamas is really the only high level wrestler he has faced in those.

I know his TDD is very good but Khabib is other worldly and much bigger than the FWs he has faced

Archived