MMA Thread | As the UFC Turns

beekay414

8 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I know that and still i dont think he is right 

I don't think there's anything wrong with that. his leg kicks don't look as flashy as Barboza's or Aldo's, but we've seen in his last two fights he makes a mess of good fighters with those kicks. in fact, I think they're even more effective because they don't look so dangerous. He gets up close, throws them almost in the clinch or on the end of combos, making it super hard to see them coming and defend.

listened to TFTK podcast today and i kinda like the idea that schaub through out there for 155. Tony is out atleast a year with the severity of his injury and Conor could be out as long with legal issues. His idea was for Khabib to come out and tell Dustin and Eddie to not take other fights but to line them both up about 4 months apart. He said take Dustin 1st and then Alvarez and if he gets by both then He really builds up a fight with Conor for early next year.

1 hour ago, Big Snack said:

listened to TFTK podcast today and i kinda like the idea that schaub through out there for 155. Tony is out atleast a year with the severity of his injury and Conor could be out as long with legal issues. His idea was for Khabib to come out and tell Dustin and Eddie to not take other fights but to line them both up about 4 months apart. He said take Dustin 1st and then Alvarez and if he gets by both then He really builds up a fight with Conor for early next year.

Or Eddie wins the second one and we end up with the rematch no one really wants between Eddie and Conor.

4 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

I don't think there's anything wrong with that. his leg kicks don't look as flashy as Barboza's or Aldo's, but we've seen in his last two fights he makes a mess of good fighters with those kicks. in fact, I think they're even more effective because they don't look so dangerous. He gets up close, throws them almost in the clinch or on the end of combos, making it super hard to see them coming and defend.

I'm aware that they had a huge impact on this fight and have in the past but the best kicker in the UFC finishes fights with them like Barboza. Just my 2 cents

3 hours ago, Big Snack said:

2 things:

1. Tony is out for a year? Seriously? That freakin sucks!!

2. So what if...dare i say it. Khabib loses? With that set up he basically is saying Dustin has no chance

3 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Or Eddie wins the second one and we end up with the rematch no one really wants between Eddie and Conor.

very true but if conor and tony are both getting back to action after that you could always do tony vs eddie 1st. If eddie wins that then he earns a rematch  with conor imo after taking out khabib and tony. If tony wins then that is a fight everyone still wants to see.

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

2 things:

1. Tony is out for a year? Seriously? That freakin sucks!!

2. So what if...dare i say it. Khabib loses? With that set up he basically is saying Dustin has no chance

well thats why he said IF he gets by both of them then it really sets up him and conor. If he loses to either then so be it the merry go round keeps spinning. Conor always has the nate trilogy waiting for him if he doesnt want to fight eddie or dustin again

Any thoughts on this weekend's ME?  I think Lee would be stupid to try and stand with Barboza.  He will get his azzzz...(or legs) kicked in.  If he wrestles with him????  it should be an ez victory for Lee.  Although Lee doesn't have the wrestling chops as Khabib, he still should be able to get him to the mat and do work.  Would love to see Barboza kick his head off his shoulders though.

7 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Any thoughts on this weekend's ME?  I think Lee would be stupid to try and stand with Barboza.  He will get his azzzz...(or legs) kicked in.  If he wrestles with him????  it should be an ez victory for Lee.  Although Lee doesn't have the wrestling chops as Khabib, he still should be able to get him to the mat and do work.  Would love to see Barboza kick his head off his shoulders though.

i think we may see just how tough barboza is to take down this weekend. he was even tough for Khabib stopping all but 4 of 13 takedowns. Its just kahbib mauled him once he was down. I think barboza gets up easier against lee and this is a pretty close fight.

10 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

I wouldn't argue that with you. In fact, Gaethje has 3 finishes by leg kicks, same as Barboza.

Barboza has 5 if i checked that right. Both dont exactly have high-profile wins but I still think Edson is the more prolific kicker. Gaethje was murdering Poirier's legs, dont get me wrong, but Edson is still more likely to end someone's night with them imo

5 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Barboza has 5 if i checked that right. Both dont exactly have high-profile wins but I still think Edson is the more prolific kicker. Gaethje was murdering Poirier's legs, dont get me wrong, but Edson is still more likely to end someone's night with them imo

Not sure where you get 5 from, per wikipedia it's 3, 2 in the UFC and 1 prior.

Archived