MMA Thread | As the UFC Turns

beekay414

Definitely excited for the ME. As much as Lee bugs me he is also fun to listen to and good for the UFC. I want Lee to win just because we've already seen Edson fight Khabib

Edgar/Cub should be an exciting fight but it just doesnt mean much in the grand scheme of things as far as the FW division is concerned. If Cub pulls of the miracle he likely waits for the title shot but he will get whooped. 

Branch/Santos should be fun

Sterling vs Johns should be too. Johns just won via calf slicer sub? What is that? Did it in 30 seconds. 

7 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Definitely excited for the ME. As much as Lee bugs me he is also fun to listen to and good for the UFC. I want Lee to win just because we've already seen Edson fight Khabib

Edgar/Cub should be an exciting fight but it just doesnt mean much in the grand scheme of things as far as the FW division is concerned. If Cub pulls of the miracle he likely waits for the title shot but he will get whooped. 

Branch/Santos should be fun

Sterling vs Johns should be too. Johns just won via calf slicer sub? What is that? Did it in 30 seconds. 

Slicer is using your bone (generally the shin bone) to cut across and compress the opponent's muscle, usually their bicep or calf. Super painful sub, if they don't tap the muscle will detach and roll up to the top of the leg/arm. Nasty stuff.

Yeah this card looks like it will be really fun. Great main event, interesting to see how Frankie does coming off the KO. Branch/Santos has big implications at MW, Sterling/Johns should be fun, my man Dan Hooker getting a gatekeeper fight to see if he's for real or not.

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So excited for TUF. I know most seasons suck but I’m probably the biggest TUF homer here so sue me

I really dont like dc. So in excited to get more of a chance to see him in this scenario to see if i can like him. I really want to like him and everytime i see him i just dont like him.

i also like stipe and want to see more of him.

Pretty good point made by Slack on twitter. Seems like Gustafsson might have a fight coming up. If I had to guess, I'd say we might see Gus vs Rockhold for the interim title, either at 226 or 227.

Think we'll end up with Holloway/Ortega on one of those cards as well. Whichever one Gus/Rockhold isn't on. Gotta imagine 227 will get another title fight, it's hard to see TJ/Cody carrying a PPV.

1 hour ago, Buckrock101 said:

Pretty good point made by Slack on twitter. Seems like Gustafsson might have a fight coming up. If I had to guess, I'd say we might see Gus vs Rockhold for the interim title, either at 226 or 227.

Think we'll end up with Holloway/Ortega on one of those cards as well. Whichever one Gus/Rockhold isn't on. Gotta imagine 227 will get another title fight, it's hard to see TJ/Cody carrying a PPV.

I never realized that but yea Gusty never really fights much at all. Gus vs Rockhold would be interesting i suppose but still expect Gusty to win. 

Archived