Week 8 - Denver Broncos (2-5) @ Indianapolis Colts (4-2)

lomaxgrUK

5 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

think you are giving GM's far too little credit if you think waiting on Drew Lock somehow is influencing their mindset with Elway.   They just look at our team and know we're done.   Lock on IR-return does nothing to change that perception

No I'm not it's Elways last bit of leverage why not use it?

We're also building a culture here and only have gotten blown out in one game. There's multiple angles he can play. Still means he has a price for guys and will not sell for quarters on the dollar. 

3 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Okay so assumptions. Thought you had some inside knowledge or something.

No lol I wish all I've heard was Vons dead money is too high to trade him. Which tells me it's gonna take a high end overpay to get him.

Don't rule out Buffalo in 2012 what would we given up for DeMarcus Ware in hindsight?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

No lol I wish all I've heard was Vons dead money is too high to trade him. Which tells me it's gonna take a high end overpay to get him.

Don't rule out Buffalo in 2012 what would we given up for DeMarcus Ware in hindsight?

That info that's out there is completely incorrect.   Any trade post-June 1 pushes the dead money to next year.  It does not accrue to this year.  It's the same reason Nate Solder in NYG can be traded now and is on the market, even though Solder has about 13M of dead money left.

https://overthecap.com/player/von-miller/2/

Von's 11.75M signing bonus for 2020-21 would toll from us next year.   But we've already paid out his 7.625M bonus this year, and we're paying week to week on his base salary.   We'd actually probably end up taking a net sub 4M hit next year (save 8/17 weeks of his 17.5M salary, but pay out the 11.75M salary left).   And it's next year, when we have plenty of cap space.   

So, the reason why we're not trading Von has nothing to do with dead cap money.    It's another reason - the value isn't there, or Elway's isn't ready - or both.  But there's no way it's about the dead money.  That's patently false.  And every GM knows it.  The casual fan may not, but certainly every FO does.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

Back to the game - we all know Klis' main role is to be a conduit of info and perspective from the team, but this is a sad take on how we're supposed to compete with IND:

IND for sure is going to bring their "B" game?  That's how we win?   My god, that's both pathetically bad writing...and a sad (but accurate) commentary on the differences between our 2 teams that our FO mouthpiece's most credible attempt to forecast a DEN win is that IND is a lock to not bring their A game.

Edited by Broncofan

8 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Back to the game - we all know Klis' main role is to be a conduit of info and perspective from the team, but this is a sad take on how we're supposed to compete with IND:

IND for sure is going to bring their "B" game?  That's how we win?   My god, that's both pathetically bad writing...and a sad (but accurate) commentary on the differences between our 2 teams that our FO mouthpiece's most credible attempt to forecast a DEN win is that IND is a lock to not bring their A game.

Talk about pathetic. Klis is such a hack so I'm not shocked, but my god this is a sad commentary. Indianapolis is well coached on both sides of the ball and will be playing at home, and we've struggled in Indy over the years. And this game has been moved to an early kickoff.

I'm expecting a loss as I said, but this team needs an infusion of excitement quickly. It's just so boring to watch Denver these days.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, broncos67 said:

Talk about pathetic. Klis is such a hack so I'm not shocked, but my god this is a sad commentary. Indianapolis is well coached on both sides of the ball and will be playing at home, and we've struggled in Indy over the years. And this game has been moved to an early kickoff.

I'm expecting a loss as I said, but this team needs an infusion of excitement quickly. It's just so boring to watch Denver these days.

Really, you're talking about hope for the future.   And yeah, I think everyone is there with you.

It's why I hope Winfree gets a long look.  As I said, he's got a 10 percent chance of working out - but if he does, then it's for 4 cheap years.  It shouldn't prevent us from dipping into midlevel FA for an immediate WR2, and then draft on Day 2 for the long-term solution with better odds of success...but give us anything that has 2020 hope.   No Theo Riddicks.  Not Desean Hamilton (I said give it this year, but 7 games are enough to see it's not happening as a difference-maker there, just a back-end depth guy, which is fine to roster as your 5th guy - not as a top 3 rotation player).   Not Tim Patrick when he's back, not over Winfree.    If Winfree isn't the answer, then Trinity Benson / Diontae Spencer.  Same idea.   All cheap guys early in their 1st contract.   Show us hope.

And yes, even though I don't think he's the long-term answer, give us Lock.   Week 13 is fine if Elway doesn't want him killed, and you do want RT Juwan James back and playing well.  That would help a lot.  But give us some hope.  And let's find out what we have in Lock, so we have better info than just faith on his progress without snaps (game or scrimmage/practice at this point).

• Like 1

I get a kick of that Klis post lmao completely unnecessary haha. Unless being an organizational mouthpiece he is letting the league know we're fine with being competitive, and building a culture.

You wanna compete for a crown give us good offers. The post is funny, but I can't make the fanbase interpret the post the way I do.

If we are at this point Wednesday it goes from comedy to tragedy.  I just hope Denver is competitive in the game because with two blowout losses in a row you lose some leverage. 

Rich's comments on Lock tell more of the story imo. Elways comments are posturing to get trades done.

“Preseason seems like a lifetime ago,” Scangarello said. “As he gets back into the swing of things and we see where he’s at, you’ll obviously have a better feel for where he’s at. But he’s a rookie in this league that hasn’t played a snap. He’s got a lot to learn. We’re excited about him.”

This is pure speculation/ shooting the breeze : if I'm wrong wouldn't be the first time feel free to turn this post into a pinata. 

- it would not shock me if Von was auditioning for his future team sunday.

- it would not shock me Monday if a plethora of teams headlined by Buffalo, Colts, Philly got into a bidding war for Vons services. 

- it would not shock me if Tuesday when the parameters were met and the bidding ended if the Raiders were given one shot to rectify their trade of Kahlil Mack.

- And finally it wouldn't shock me if the compensation surpassed a first and a second to be closer to a Ramsey like deal. 

That is all