How do we fix the QB in 2020

WindyCity

Just now, WindyCity said:

No one is jumping off a ledge, although pushing Pace off would be a win for the Bears.

Him being here is not the same as saying he should be here. The McCaskeys will not fire him because they owe him too much money, they are not equipped for a GM search, and they are not good owners.

Pace is dead weight to the next phase of this team.

Only thing I agree with you on here is that the McCaskey's are not great owners and are not equipped for another GM search, which is why I'm dumbfounded that you want them to conduct another GM search. LOL.

Pace has had his issues but overall is better than any GM they've had here in the past 20 years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

We know exactly who to fire

from area scout Chris Prescott, from national scout Ryan Kessenich, from college scouting director Mark Sadowski, from Lucas, from Loggains 

Haha that's a little ridiculous man. Ya let's fire all those guys because they agreed he was the top QB prospect and forget everything else they've done over the years and all the good players they also brought in.

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

Only thing I agree with you on here is that the McCaskey's are not great owners and are not equipped for another GM search, which is why I'm dumbfounded that you want them to conduct another GM search. LOL.

Pace has had his issues but overall is better than any GM they've had here in the past 20 years.

Be better than the losers the Bears have had in the position does not make you good. Is he even that much better? He has re-built the Jerry Angelo Bears only without the playoff wins and the HOFers drafted.

Keeping a failed GM around because you are scared of replacing him is not how you can operate. That is a loser mentality that leads to more losing.

2 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Haha that's a little ridiculous man. Ya let's fire all those guys because they agreed he was the top QB prospect and forget everything else they've done over the years and all the good players they also brought in.

It is not just the QB, but he is the biggest strike.

You keep talking about what they have done in the past. I need someone who is going to fix the QB spot in the future and make this team a consistent winner. The fact that they did a good job drafting DTs means little to me when I have 1 critical weakness.

You weigh the good and the bad, which are pretty equal. You look at the lack of success, and then you put the QB decision on top and I do not see how they have a positive resume in your eyes.

Edited by WindyCity

Just now, WindyCity said:

Be better than the losers the Bears have had in the position does not make you good. Is he even that much better? He has re-built the Jerry Angelo Bears only without the playoff wins and the HOFers drafted.

Keeping a failed GM around because you are scared of replacing him is not how you can operate. That is a loser mentality that leads to more losing.

How about firing a GM every 4-5 years without actually giving him a chance to build something good and see through on his vision before prematurely determining it's not going to work out? 

History has taught us that the bad organizations tend to cycle through GM's every few years versus the good and stable organizations.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

How about firing a GM every 4-5 years without actually giving him a chance to build something good and see through on his vision before prematurely determining it's not going to work out? 

History has taught us that the bad organizations tend to cycle through GM's every few years versus the good and stable organizations.  

He has had 5 years.

He has built a one and done playoff team, with 0 playoff wins, and no QB, limited draft picks, and limited cap space. Are you honestly impressed by where this team currently sits?

Bad teams have bad GMs, the number of years they are employed is secondary to employing bad people. Good teams have good GMs and there is no legitimate reason to fire them, but there are legitimate reasons to fire Pace.

I for one am not happy with where this team is at. I know it is the most Bears fan ever thing to be happy about our once a decade playoff appearance, but that is not what Pace was brought he for and he himself has talked about "sustained success".

The Bears currently have a flailing HC, a bad QB, and look like every unsuccessful Bears team of the last 10 years.

Color me totally unimpressed that he remade the same Bears team I have watched my entire life.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

He has had 5 years.

He has built a one and done playoff team, with 0 playoff wins, and no QB, limited draft picks, and limited cap space. Are you honestly impressed by where this team currently sits?

Bad teams have bad GMs, the number of years they are employed is secondary to employing bad people. Good teams have good GMs and there is no legitimate reason to fire them, but there are legitimate reasons to fire Pace.

Currently no. I obviously wish we had a better record than 4-5 and that the team was playing better, specifically on offense.

Though I am impressed on how this team was able to go 12-4 last season in Nagy's first year as HC and was definitely encouraged by the signs I saw from Mitch last season.

For multiple reasons that hasn't transferred over well into 2019 but I am not ready to throw in the towel after a rough first half to year 2 in Nagy's system.  There is still a lot of good talent on this team (brought in by Pace and his team) and I believe they are more than intelligent enough to get this thing turned around for sustained success in years to come.

We as a fan base lack patience sometimes.  That's completely normal but we cannot give up so easily because that **** is weak.

Do you honestly think 5 years is enough time for a GM to turn around a bottom feeder into a SB contender?  Let's be real.

Edited by topwop1

Just now, topwop1 said:

Currently no. I obviously wish we had a better record than 4-5 and that the team was playing better, specifically on offense.

Though I am impressed on how this team was able to go 12-4 last season in Nagy's first year as HC and was definitely encouraged by the signs I saw from Mitch last season.

For multiple reasons that hasn't transferred over well into 2019 but I am not ready to throw in the towel after a rough first half to year 2 in Nagy's system.  There is still a lot of good talent on this team (brought in by Pace and his team) and I believe they are more than intelligent enough to get this thing turned around for sustained success in years to come.

We as a fan base lack patience sometimes.  That's completely normal but we cannot give up so easily because that **** is weak.

Sustained success requires a QB. I have no faith in Pace to address the QB position and I do not see why he is required for Nagy to address the QB position.

He has had 5 years and I do not see a sustained winner and I struggle to see one on the near horizon.

How many years should he be given to build a sustained winner? 6, 7, 8, 9, how much patience should be demanded of the fan base?

11 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Sustained success requires a QB. I have no faith in Pace to address the QB position and I do not see why he is required for Nagy to address the QB position.

He has had 5 years and I do not see a sustained winner and I struggle to see one on the near horizon.

How many years should he be given to build a sustained winner? 6, 7, 8, 9, how much patience should be demanded of the fan base?

I don't know how long but more than 5 years unless he has done an absolute piss poor job which he hasn't.  Bears made the decision to go with a young and inexperienced GM who would essentially learn on the job and you want them to give up on him now already?  For who?  How do we know that Nagy coupled with another GM will be any better?   

55 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I don't know how long but more than 5 years unless he has done an absolute piss poor job which he hasn't.  Bears made the decision to go with a young and inexperienced GM who would essentially learn on the job and you want them to give up on him now already?  For who?  How do we know that Nagy coupled with another GM will be any better?   

I don’t.

What I know is that Pace has no business being involved in the next QB decision, and that is our biggest up coming decision.

The Khalil Mack trade and a fluke playoff run is not enough for me to anoint Pace the GM for Life.

5 years is a long time in the NFL.

4 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I forgot about the Ditka years where we had sustained success with clown car of quarterbacks, or how about the playoff appearances by Lovie with two average at best quarterbacks.  Yes quarterback is important for success but a solid overall team is just as important.  You guys can overreact but this team has a solid defense, and a few adjustments on the offense and this team might be in the playoffs again.  Not to mention this team as bad as they have played are one game under .500.

6 minutes ago, GBHalas said:

I forgot about the Ditka years where we had sustained success with clown car of quarterbacks, or how about the playoff appearances by Lovie with two average at best quarterbacks.  Yes quarterback is important for success but a solid overall team is just as important.  You guys can overreact but this team has a solid defense, and a few adjustments on the offense and this team might be in the playoffs again.  Not to mention this team as bad as they have played are one game under .500.

Exactly. The D is top 10 against the run and pass. They're good, not as good as last year, but still a SB defense. The offense just completely sucks.

39 minutes ago, GBHalas said:

Different eras.

The Bears did not really have sustained success under Lovie. They made the playoffs 2 times and then missed the playoffs for 4 years, AFTER GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL.